Don't mind me, just blocking some ads

Don't mind me, just blocking some ads.

Other urls found in this thread:

taskandpurpose.com/navy-3d-printing-submarines/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nice try advertisement agency marketing department

Not taking what is offered is not stealing

nice try jew

We saw you walking past our shop window and we have registered on camera that you didn't make any purchase. This letter includes a $2000 settlement agreement to evade further legal actions.

I fear the day that actually happens.
>go to supermarket
>stand for [newspaper] is doing their schtick trying to get more customers
>walk past them because 1) you came here to go shopping for food, not newspaper and 2) you don't want that newspaper even if you wanted newspaper
>swat team bursts out of the oranges, and arrests you for stealing

Don't mind me, just clicking every possible ad.

This is what I don't get about adblocking people. Their right to not be inconvenienced when visiting website they CHOSE to visit (and cost money in server fees etc) is somehow more important than content creators' right to their own property and their ability to feed themselves and their family.

I mean, even if we ignore the legal part (it's obvious to anyone who has ever created anything that adblocking is a form of theft/fraud), consider the moral side of the story. If you walk past a street musician, do you think it's reasonable to stand there, listen to his music, record it and sell it on the internet without paying him a dime? Does it matter whether it's legal or not? Can you honestly do this and then look yourself in the mirror?

nice b8 m8

Y-yes senpai!

You just read my post but I see in my logs that you are NOT running my js bitcoin miner. You are literally stealing from me.

Plz pay nao

I bet you defend intellectual property as a divine right too, you cum-guzzling statist faggot.

Don't mind me, just writing an ad driven self installing application that learn about the user preferences and delivers targeted content.

Okay so if I use my labor to make a physical product, stealing it is stealing, right? But suddenly if I use my labor to create schematics, art or something else it's no longer stealing?

Are you seriously arguing that there's an inherent difference between these two things?

The go-to high school sophomore argument in this discussion is usually "b-but when i download something it doesn't remove the object from the possession of the owner". Okay, let's talk about how dumb that argument is. If I make a car, I've spent several million dollars on research, design etc of that car. To make the actual car only costs a couple of thousand bucks in manufacturing costs. Yet you pay $10,000 when you buy the car. Why? Because the company that makes the car would lose money otherwise since they spent lots of money on research and development.

Suppose you steal that car, the manufacturer only loses a couple of thousand bucks in material costs, but the amount you stole is still $10,000 bucks. Everyone would agree on this. So if you steal the car and leave $2,000 bucks to the manufacturer, do you think you've acted morally? Nobody lost anything, right? The car manufacturer lost nothing since you reimbursed them for the manufacturing costs, right? Of course not, because it's not up to you to decide what the car is worth. Stealing is stealing, and it doesn't matter whether it's intellectual property or physical property. It's stealing regardless.

>Are you seriously arguing that there's an inherent difference between these two things?

Are you arguing there isn't? It's a matter of logic, retard. Copyright infringement isn't theft, not legally nor logically, they're different crimes. By definition you can't steal intangible property.

This is the worst straw man argument I’ve ever read.

Blahblah, physical objects are scarce, actually exist and can therefor be taken away. Without consent this is theft.

Information isn't scarce. It can be duplicated indefinitely. Trying to make money by claiming a digital pattern is yours is completely bonkers.

If you really are that stupid why don't you just sue a black hole for having your "intellectual property" on its surface?

It doesn't matter what we call it. The fact of the matter is that you're breaking the law when you're downloading copyrighted material without permission.

From a moral standpoint it's the same as theft, but we can call it piracy, fraud or copyright infringement if you prefer that. It's quite established that it is illegal though, so appealing to the law won't help your case.

>Blahblah, physical objects are scarce, actually exist and can therefor be taken away. Without consent this is theft.
Did you even read my post? I literally just refuted this dumb argument.

mods mods mods

So not only does the state have the right to decide what fiction should be accepted as reality and what shouldn't, it's now up to the state to also decide what is MORAL?

Statist faggot.

shit thread
shit bait
wrong premise

SAGE

Lol if it was possible it would be done

but you didn't.

moralfag detected

To be fair, most people would not use adblocks if they weren't annoying and installed viruses on your machine.

The ad networks burned that bridge, and burning it will be forever.

This to be honest family.

I've never seen anyone cover ads in a newspaper with black tape or cut it with scissors.

This.
They want to have some big multimedia production being thrown in your face constantly while your just trying to watch or read something with 200 shitty scripts lagging your browser, loading pop-ups and having errors while trying to track you on 50 different databases.
Google became the giant it is by being very discreet and less annoying to consumers in a time of constant in your face pop ups and pages covered in animated banners.
There were a lot of good search engines.
Google was the least annoying.
They won.

This is understandable but it still doesn't make it right. Suppose you have a house by the river, and one year there's a drought so you lose your water supply. Your neighbor spent time and effort digging a well, so he still has access to fresh water. So he offers to let you get water from his well for $1 a month. At first, you simply use it for drinking, but then you start using it for taking baths and showers, then irrigation etc, since it's still $1 a month no matter how much you use. This annoys your neighbor, and he starts charging more and more money for the water, to the point where you can barely afford it. At what point does it become morally justified to steal his water?

I hold that it never becomes justified. It's still stealing. The consequences don't matter, and the price doesn't matter. Stealing is stealing.

OP here. And i thought my shitposting was bad! Good to see Sup Forums fighting statism though

Your analogy falls flat when you add the viruses to the mix.
The neighbor is not just charging money anymore, he's charging money AND injecting everyone that pays it with AIDS, while keeping the source of water just for himself.
It's no wonder people decided to kill him and steal the water.

>google
>not using Brave

Simple ... internet should be free. This includes media/information/software, nothing is origina in these areas, you build information and media and software off past ideas, software ideas/theories. Kinda the entire point of the creator of GNU ?

That's not a good analogy either since in 99% the viruses are added by a third party. It would be more appropriate to say that he sells his water in buckets that have been poisoned by the manufacturer. This doesn't make him the perpetrator, it makes him the victim. And regardless, it doesn't make stealing his water right. You can always go someplace else. It's not your god-given right to steal someone else's water. Build your own well if you don't like it, and hope that other people don't steal your water and effectively ruin your well as you did to your neighbor.

You could check your manufacturer and get a less shitty one in this case, or complained to him, but no one did.

Soon user, soon...
taskandpurpose.com/navy-3d-printing-submarines/