T. modern design

t. modern design

Other urls found in this thread:

restoreprivacy.com/browser-fingerprinting/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Firefox is botnet now, Mozilla are scum (the whole cliqz thing), what browser should I use now Sup Forums?

>firefox shipped with google/yahoo as the default search engine and sent everything you typed in the url bar to google/yahoo by default for ages
>nobody cares
>mozilla replaces google/yahoo botnet with cliqz botnet that claims to respect your privacy and not save your searches
>everyone freaks out

You know which one.

Chrome. Sup Forums's default browser.

>inb4 botnet
If you are gonna use botnet at least use a well-featured botnet.

Mozilla is sponsoring the domestic terrorist organization ANTIFA, so, no thanks, never Mozilla.

>not using links for all your browsing

Not really, they just gave them 100k so they can send secure emails.

Just unironically
Sup Forums hates chrome with the botnet meme only because it's popular
if you are really butthurt about muh privacy just make your own fork of chromium

>Not really,

Yes really.

>cliqz
what exactly is this
i googled it and i found some obscure german browser

Using the built-in search engines will just send the search query since well... it's difficult for a search engine to perform a search on your behalf without knowing what to search for, whereas the Cliqz thing will send the full URL of every website you visit and how much time you spend on it.

See They replaced the default search engine for 1% of new german installs and everyone freaked out because it wasn't opt-in.
The top complaint is that it sends everything you type in the url bar to cliqz but that's what the default behavior is for every other search engine anyway.

>Sup Forums hates chrome with the botnet meme only because it's popular
No we hate it because it's proprietary and made by an ad company that specializes in data mining its users

Icecat

>moz://a

Jesus fucking christ.

>but that's what the default behavior is for every other search engine anyway.
No it isn't, stop lying

Yes it is. A long time ago it would ask you if you want to enable search suggestions the first time your typed something in the url bar but now they are enabled by default on a new install.
The default search engines won't track the time you spend on each website though.

>A long time ago it would ask you if you want to enable search suggestions the first time your typed something in the url bar
it still works like that

I tried installing it a few days ago. Suggestions were enabled.
I'm in Europe so I get Google as default. Maybe it's different elsewhere.

Seeing how thsi is the FF thread now, I'm currently using
>CanvasBlocker
>Cookie AutoDelete
>Decentraleyes
>Google search link fix
>Privacy Badger
>Smart HTTPS
>ublock Origin

What should I add/remove/change? Also is Privacy Badger irrelevant when I delete Cookies 1 minute after closing the tap with CookieAutodelete?

What you should change is your search engine. Google shouldn't be used ever.
No, Privacy Badger isn't redundant. Privacy badger will block scripts which can identify you regardless of cookies.

>Will browser add-ons keep me safe?
>No.
>While many people recommend a big list of privacy add-ons and extensions for your browser, this actually makes you more unique and easier to track. The catch-22 here is that the more browser plugins and add-ons you use, the more you stand out from all the other users online.
restoreprivacy.com/browser-fingerprinting/

This.
I'm not even con USA, but that move says a lot about the executive branch of any company, even if it's meme mozzarella.

Now in using Vivaldi, because I like the name and the clusterfuck of having a Javascript meme browser

Firefox does not disclose what or how many addons/plugins your browser has installed.
They all seem to have 0 addons/plugins.

I disagree. Most fingerprinting is done through third-party JavaScript so even just uBlock Origin itself will take care of much fingerprinting since without JavaScript the website will only get the HTTP headers which can all be spoofed and changed on a regular basis (you should however spoof valid HTTP headers).

The fingerprinting tests are also flawed in design so they shouldn't be taken too serious (e.g. you'll be "less unique" if you set your language to US English but if you live in France and do that it'll probably have the opposite effect). There are some legitimate threats (canvas fingerprinting, webaudio fingerprinting) but I'd argue that disabling them or spoofing them makes you far more difficult to track than to send the same (almost) unique value all the time.

My real problem with this issue is that apparently someone in Mozilla, like the person who landed the change, couldn't be assed to document it. You would think an org that claims to care so much about transparency would anticipate something their users would find extremely notable and write an explanation, preferably with links to the patches.

qutebrowser. mininalist, open source, no botnet

What are you hiding?

I'm actually a mexican, but I don't want the american government to know that.

>and the clusterfuck of having a Javascript meme browser
XUL is literally a clusterfuck js meme

Canvas fingerprinting should be easy to counter tho.
There not many "legal" use-cases to export an image from a canvas, browsers should just ship an implementation that has to render the same image on every single device and computer.
Of course it would be slow as hell, but no one would notice.

Hell, for starters just make the export an opt-in feature like location.

If Mozilla really cared about privacy they could just add some random noise to APIs to prevent fingerprinting. I haven't checked the source code for CanvasBlocker but I believe it works by changing the color of one random pixel so it doesn't even affect the user experience (no one's going to notice if a pixel is #FFFFFE instead of #FFFFFF).

You have to go back.

padding: 10px 0 0 0 !important;

If I'm using Nightly with Searx.me as default (and only) and telemetry and surveys turned off, am I safe?

If I tell you it kind of defeats the purpose, don't you agree?

>but now they are enabled by default on a new install.
Stop lying

Blasphemy

Browsing Sup Forums on chrome sucks balls.