Can Firefox compete with Chrome nowadays or is it still garbage?

Can Firefox compete with Chrome nowadays or is it still garbage?

it's actually more garbage than it was a couple years ago.

It doesn't make sense to me how you think that it is "garbage" beyond some strange reliance on black and white thinking to make up for an inability to communicate anything of worth.

I'm not even defending Firefox, it's just disgusting how awful at communication you are.

it's garbage

Are you new to this site?

garbage

Until I can disable it from using directdraw I'll stick with Chrome

And people were shilling the hell out of it some time ago. The only people who use it unironically are furfaggots and transFTM tumblrinas.

Damn I like that icon on the right

Firefox is still better but sorta garbage. Use Waterfox instead

Firefox 57, to be released next 14 November, can compete with Chrome in speed and responsiveness and crush it when it comes to memory usage

Previous ones only are good at memory usage.

What /botnet/ do you use then?

Firefox will always be better, but if you're asking then you probably don't deserve to use Firefox.

I can't even use firefox anymore
doesn't play audio without pulseaudio and scripts don't work in safebrowsing

I sure do love waiting 5s for youtube pages to load

All browsers are garbage because the web is garbage.

Even on my cheap tablet does Firefox load YouTube pages faster than that. Even then are you really bitching about five second load times?

Chrome is nasty botnet.

Firefox is literally a chrome clone these days. So I guess it's still competing with it?

>doesn't play audio without pulseaudio
Use apulse

I'm on Chrome right now because it's my goof-off browser. But I do my work on firefox developer edition. Firefox is faster than chrome and doesn't crash near as often. Plus chrome is a product of Google and they are cray-cray these days. Also, firefox just got the "duplicate tab" feature so that's nice. That was about the only thing Chrome had on firefox. That and you can have a billion tabs and they are all still visible.

so the answer is yes they can compete and firefox is not garbage. Firefox loads faster than chrome even when I give chrome a headstart.

>still
It became garbage just recently.

its garbage but chrome is botnet and i have no choice

icecat

Shame FF has to rely on GPU acceleration for this kind of performance boost when Chrome still loads twice as fast with acceleration disabled.

I exclusively use Firefox, the only thing which chrome has going for it is built in translation

/thread

nightly is fast as fuck, firefox is for normies

Chrome is actually worse than Firefox these days. On Chrome I'd be lucky to get a minimum RAM usage of 4GB whereas on Firefox I use only half that amount

SJW garbage

Nice 6s but who the fuck is stupid enough to use one browser for everything? I lock down Firefox and use it for shit that matters, and let Chrome run with no extensions for speed.

>not knowing nightly

Nightly is so fast as fuck but garbage

Holy shit Fire Emblem Sacred Stones, I haven't played that game in ages, clocked in a few hundred hours when I was like 15 :o

I've been using Cyberfox for about a year now, but I'm getting sick of it because the crashes are getting more and more frequent. Any good alternatives that don't crash like fuck? I want it to be Firefox based since I do still like the themes and addons that only Firefox has.

Garbagé

this but unironically.

truth

>I sure do love waiting 5s for youtube pages to load
>bullshit I thought
>tried myself (FF 57b11)
>4-5 seconds, cold / hot
>try it on vivaldi meme
>2 seconds
Shit.

Oh boy, was doing it again (recording) and just...
>takes 2-3 seconds to load on both
>extra seconds if logged in
Google is shit, fuck this

Yandex all the way bro