MS beat Linux in its own game, with Windows 10 I can run more than a single Linux console w/o virtualization...

MS beat Linux in its own game, with Windows 10 I can run more than a single Linux console w/o virtualization, something that not even Linux does, this makes it easy to test and program for diferent Linux distros at the same time, MS did it, no need to dual boot or virtualize Linux anymore.

Sorry Freetards, you lost.

Other urls found in this thread:

hub.docker.com/_/fedora/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>what is chroot

chroot won't change distros, paths or package manager, what the hell are you talking about?

Use docker, dumbass.

>Still have to deal with the clusterfuck that is Windows
Yeah no, that's why I left in the first place. I'm not using Linux for some superior toolset or something, I'm using it because it stays out of my way and just lets me do my thing.

>w/o virtualization
sorry, but WSL actually is.

isn't it telling that you're testing and programming for linux distros?

It isn't, actually, it kinda like wine, but in reverse.

chroot changes your root directory. Meaning you use /bin,/sbin,~/.local/bin, etc. of the new root dir, so yes, it does actually change the utils, pkg manager, and packages.

fucking screenfetch? shit's slow af. use neofetch.

You pretty much exactly described chroot

>chroot won't change paths
"Chroot" is literally short for "change root."

>Use docker, dumbass.

You don't know what docker is, you need to configure a docker image of any distros, there are not images of distros, the Windows 10 solutions is so easier.

Show me an Ubuntu distru running a Fedora docker image, there isn't, becuase such think doens't exists.

Chroot won't chaneg the package manager dumbaesses, show me a screenshot of Fedora and Ubuntu wuth screnfeching, YOU CAN'T

You are literally retarded.
hub.docker.com/_/fedora/ here is fedora image and you can install it on docker in ubuntu.

I'm just saying that you said it won't change paths, when that's actually its primary purpose

>Using a docker image

So retarded solution, Windows 10 does it better.

Still, is not the same.

Can you set net.core.rmem_max on wsl? I need it to run transmission-daemon with udp without spamming errors? Oh, wait, i forgot, there is no such things in wsl, because distros are castrated.

>Can you set net.core.rmem_max on wsl?

You don't need that.

>how do i english

I do. When i was using w10pro, i was developing some software for transmission-daemon, i used wsl to install transmission on it and could not download everything because of that. Fuck off, Rajeesh.

Literally the first half of gentoo installation happens in a chroot.

With your mon

>47▶ (You)I do. When i was using w10pro, i was developing some software for transmission-daemon, i used wsl to install transmission on it and could not download everything because of that. Fuck off, Rajeesh.>> Anonymous 10/25/17(Wed)12:52:31 No.63070108 ▶ (You)Literally the first half of gentoo installation happens in a chroot. >> Anonymous 10/25/17(Wed)12:52:35 No.63070109 ▶

You prolly where using WSL beta.

o hai, came here to laugh at you.

>bash on windows
Never seen that before. Oh wait. Also fucked up as you can tell from the screenfetch output. Some microshill retard at least have good networking tools or at least don't have to use a VM.

Show me working transmission-daemon on wsl without udp errors, Pajeet.

I've never seen OP getting BTFO'd this hard before. Might be because little Rajeet here sounds like he is 13

chroot will definitly allow you to run a shell of another linux install, so you will be able to use everthing you have on another install, no matter if its ubuntu fedora or whatever. You definitly can use another package manager with chroot, but it will affect the corresponding linux install.
For example when i was installing gentoo first time i only managed it through ubuntu chroot because i wanted to actually use my pc while gentoo was compiling shit.

When you change the root, you're entering a shell for a different root. You can use different binaries under that root and modify the subdirectories under that root. Therefore package management can be changed. What the fuck do you even think chroot is?

Fuck off you cheater.

> test and program for diferent Linux distros at the same time,

ayylmao bro you are really stupid.

Maybe shitty implementation of networking stack. Just don't use it.

Chroot won't let you run both at the same time, just one at the time, not like Windows 10 that is running both at the same time with different package managers.

>it's still a closed source botnet
Lol, everyone laugh at Pajeet. He doesn't even understand why we're gaining marketshare while he's losing it.

Would you like to restart now or now? Lmao.

Start a new bash session and make another chroot. "Problem" solved.

so now that you have seen there's nothing unusual to run another distro userspace in a linux container (be it LXD, docker, systemd-container, chroot or whatever), you need to understand that WSL works in just the same way. Until then, stay mad :^)

>ITT: OP thinks the 'linux game' is screenfetching, and, while showing no knowledge of linux tools, still manages to bait numerous posters

But here is the thing, Padmesh, i want to use transmission-daemon. Why the fuck should i switch to different client and lose hundreds of downloads by switching torrent client on home server just because your shit doesn't allow me to install working application locally for testing purposes?

I tried to run speccy. After the fail i get back to play hitman contracts.

>unusual to run another distro userspace in a linux container

But I can use root in Windows 10, not only user space, that's the difference.

sorry, I forgot you are a Windows user.
By "userspace", I actually meant "apps". "Apps that are run as administrator" as well.

What the fuck are you talking about, dipshit? There is no linux kernel in wsl, everything else is just a userspace tools.

Regardless of how cringeworthy OP is, WSL is actually pretty rad shit. I've recently set up virt-manager on my gf's (male) laptop so she could connect to her vms on the linux server. No need to install X11 and set up forwarding on the server side, everything just works (TM) on her computer.

Sorry I'm Pajeet

and a good chunk of arch install, as well.