What technology is completely hypothetical at this point

Cultured meat is considered a future emerging technology but we HAVE created it. It's possible with our current abilities. List technologies that we have absolutely no headway in making, are not even close to being developed, not in its infancy in some lab somewhere; completely imaginary at this point. Try to list 10

Dunno about 10 but these are some that wont crop up for at least another couple decades minimum

>True AI
>Legit VR with brain interface
>Intergalactic space travel which probably wont be seen this century
>An actual anti-aging cure
>Gene manipulation so that anyone can become a turbo chad

>Gene manipulation

What is CRISPR CAS9? Literally gene manipulation allowing your child to be born 7ft turbo chad

1. p=np
2. Unique games conjecture
4. True one way function
5. ???
6. Profit

That's manipulation of a human in its first stages of life. Designer babies still wont be feasible for another decade or two at least anyway as CRISPR is still in its infancy. It's also exponentially more complicated to manipulate the genes of an already fully developed human anyway.

1.True flying cars.
It'll use an anti-gravity engine to maneuver so that it's quiet, clean and safe. No propellers. No jet engines.
Problem: No anti-gravity engine.
ETA: 5000 years from now.

2.Teleportation.
Copies every atom in your body and sends it to another location to be reconstructed the same way.
Problem:Moral issues. No one knows if this is essentially killing yourself or not.
ETA: 10k years from now.

3. Time Machine.
Sends you to another period in time.
Problem:We've no idea how time works.
ETA: Never.

4. Traveling at Light speed
The only way this would be feasible is if we were able to digitize our minds and beam the data across the universe.
Problem:Even if we managed this, most habitable planets are thousands of light years across, so it'd still be a painfully slow way of travel.
ETA:1million years from now.

5. Sanely traveling across the universe
Light speed is slow. The only way to really travel is utilizing worm holes as node jumps.
Problem: Worm holes are a theoretical concept only
ETA:3mil years from now.

6. AI sentience
AI which can think and learn on its own.
Problem: We don't understand consciousness or sentience.
ETA:1000 years from now.

7.Global language
English is getting close, but it's still not something everyone speaks natively.
Problem: Culture differences make it difficult.
ETA: 2000 years from now.

8. perfluorocarbon
Allows you to breath in liquid so you can survive highly pressurized environments.
Problem: No efficient method for expelling the Co2.
ETA: 200 years from now.

9. DNA HDD
Only theoretical, but DNA can store far more data than any storage medium today.
Problem: The technology to encode data into DNA is expensive, and reading DNA is a destructive process.
ETA: 30~50 years from now

10. True VR
While it's nice to be able to visually look around in a realistic environment, we're still far away from achieving the real thing.
Problem: No way to connect our minds into a machine.
ETA: 3000 years from now.

Kek your estimates are ridiculous

Money and politics is why we can't upload our brains to the internet

Also the fact that we still have a rudimentary understanding of the brain.

hyperloop
space elevator
full self driving

Healthy food that tastes awesome.

I think that would have a much bigger impact than any new gadget.

Healthy food already tastes awesome unless you literally lack any culinary skills. If anything lab grown meat and genetically modified food that provides insane nutritional values will have a bigger impact.

Surveys of experts give median estimate of AI by 2045. Progress is rapid.
Brain interfaces aren't that technologically difficult.
There were serious plans for interstellar travel in the 1960s powered by nuclear detonations. It's not impossible just absurdly expensive (and also now illegal with atomic weapon regulations.)
Anti-aging is reasonably close. Look at the SENS project. Look at the massive progress biology has made in the last 50 yeas.
Gene manipulation is possible within a few years. See Gwerns genetics essays.

>Surveys of experts give median estimate of AI by 2045. Progress is rapid.
That's just such bullshit.
We aren't remotely close to cracking self-awareness in machines.

Brain interfacing isn't complicated on a basic level but we don't understand near enough about the human brain to allow us to manipulate it in a way to provide 100% realistic virtual simulations.

Interstellar travel through nuclear detonation was always only a theory and it's much more feasible to travel by laser propulsion.

Anti-aging cures as with most biological progress is definitely rapid but the human body is still significantly more complex than you're giving it credit for. Sure in a couple years we might see viable treatments to slow aging or extend life by some years but immortality is still a ways off.

Gene manipulation is possible in a few years as well yes but will only have limited applications. You're not going to see everyone looking like a model with super genius intellect and perfect health in the next few years.

>absolutely no headway in making
Energy storage. There's been some minor improvements, and there will be more. But there's nothing like a battery that comes with a cellphone and lasts it's entire life, for example.

Here's a funny story: Me and my brother went to our family cabin and two of his friends came to join us in a brand new electric car bought two days before. They didn't make it, they ran out of juice and we had to drive one third of the way back to pick them up. If you can invent some kind of battery capable of storing 1000 times more energy in the same size (and preferably weight) as now then you'll be rich.

Energy production is another area where there's little or no progress. Solar or wind is here but none of those are ways of producing anywhere near the output of a nuclear power-plant.

There's only 2 technologies that are relevant. Gene editing and AI. Soon we have 10,000 IQ men or recursively self improving superintelligences. The future will be determined by them.

But wouldn't this imply the technology is in early stages rather than hypothetical?

>>Intergalactic space travel which probably wont be seen this century

Unlikely to see even interstellar travel this millenium.

We definitely will see it this millennium unless we go extinct. It will probably take another 150-200 years though.

Yeah in terms of manipulating the DNA of a human Zygote to make designer babies. I was referring to full control of gene manipulation in fully developed humans to make people physically and mentally flawless in my initial post.

Ah fair.

>Problem:Moral issues. No one knows if this is essentially killing yourself or not.
That's the stupidest possible problem with that technology you could have picked. It's a semantic issue that does not fucking matter one bit.

>Energy production
Fusion power plants are going to happen in our lifetime, maybe even in next 20 years.

Have to agree about energy storage. Not only there's no progress, we have absolutely no idea where to start.

- synthetic brain cells (transplantation)
- warp
- usable cryogenic/eternal sleeping system
- terraforming
- atoms transmutation on large scale
- atomic decomposition with full control (like petrochemicals but atomic level not a crappy fission/fusion)
- full connection brain&computer to play The World or SAO
- the same computer tech interaction/display found in final fantasy the spirits within!!!
- dream control system

Artificial intelligence is theoretically impossible.

How so?

The thing is, unless we use technology like actual cryogenic sleep or something like that it's literally not possible with our current understanding of physics.
Even if we managed to travel at the speed of light it would still take thousands to millions of years to reach everything that we currently know of in space.

Our understanding of physics in regards to a lot of technologies we have today a hundred or two hundred years ago would be deemed impossible to produce. It's impossible to say how long it will take but I think it's more than feasible within a shorter time span than 1000 years from now. Cryogenic sleep is the least of our problems attaining interstellar travel. We will send AI/drones to other solar systems far before we ever let a human travel that distance unless it's deemed safe enough. There are theoretical means of traveling faster than light such as utilizing anti-matter.

FTL communication
Space elevator
Travel beyond our solar system/FTL travel
Nanoaugmentations
Consciousness upload
AI that act like humans
Terraforming
Cryogenic/stasis
Full brain VR interface a la SAO
Reusable tape

Photon resequencing

CRISPR is brilliant. Methinks it is but a valuable stepping stone, since it is a complex, touchy process wrought with errors.

>progress is rapid
>not that difficult
>it's too expensive
>reasonably close
>possible in a few years
Elon Musk is that you

>Gene manipulation

you're fooling yourself if you think that discovery will be made public, ever

Radium batteries have been a thing for a long time
Pacemakers can easily last decades while still having energy for multiple shocks
It's this rechargeable variable-use consumer garbage that's holding us back

Oh and you know this because?

They're gonna put the cure up on github my man

Oh I know this because
>here people, keep breeding but never die!

>b-but we will just tell people to stop breeding
you know it damn fucking well how are people, you're expecting things from people who can barely read, barely speak their own language, or if they do both they are still barbaric in essence

>Gene manipulation
>here people, become perfection, i can't wait to have more adversaries!
it's like god creating another god
again, you can't trust the common people with such power

>Being this retarded

There is substantial evidence that birth rates are linked to very poor living conditions. Look at any first world country and birth rates are dropping. By the time anti-aging and gene manipulation is possible global living conditions will have increased substantially. Plus we have vertical farming, improving clean energy and automation on the rise to sustain larger populations.

>here people, become perfection, i can't wait to have more adversaries!

Yeah... kys faggot

>dude you're retarded because i'm delusional!
How many dragon dildos have you ordered this month?

Calling me delusional isn't a rebuttal retard. Seriously kill your self.

Calling me a retard isn't a rebuttal either. Slice your throat on front of your family.

Where is my dream recording technology goddamnit.

I gave you a counter argument and you couldn't refute it aside from calling me delusional.

Artificial sentience. We don't understand how or why sentience emerges in the context of matter arranged in certain ways (such as into human bodies). Which means, we're not even at the beginning stages of trying to figure out how to create it (other than by the old-school method of fucking).

Because you're delusional if you think we're moving "forward", if we're becoming "cleaner", the fact that cities are somehow immunized to the redneck population. The population is dropping because the rednecks breed and the civilized don't, thus the breeding rate was essentially cut in half. There will be no better global living condition because we're already stagnating and moving backwards. There's a limit to food production, clean energy is a meme, and the most reliable source of energy (nuclear) is being more and more regulated or shut down.

And what the fuck do you want with automation? You can't seriously believe in universal basic income..

I remember reading somewhere that quantum computing will help vastly in understanding consciousness as the brain is essentially an organic quantum computer in its self.

>who is Elon Musk

Cleaner energy means more sustainable. Also, it's only very impoverished third-world populations that are seeing a consistent birth rate. Rednecks aren't breeding on mass do you seriously think they are maintaining first-world populations? Are you really this retarded?

Most first-world countries are only increasing in population because of immigration. There is no limit to food production we already produce more food than we use it's a matter of distribution that is the problem. Not to mention vertical farming will provide more food with much less space used. Clean energy isn't a meme you're just pulling that out of your ass.

Automation has tons of applications such as increasing productivity, taking care of aging populations, etc etc. What the fuck does universal basic income have to do with anything we're discussing? Do you lack reading comprehension? There's also the fact that even if birth rates got out of hand you could literally limit the amount of children per family as China is doing. Anti-aging treatments could be restricted to those that wish not to reproduce either. There's tons of alternatives but of course you're tiny little mind can't think of any so you make a blanket statement that we'll never see those emerging technologies.

display tech that isn't trash

There's a theory that the brain does quantum computing (I believe Roger Penrose is a proponent), but it's only a theory, with no real evidence backing it to my knowledge.

You're right it's all theoretical still but an interesting theory nonetheless. Wouldn't be surprised if we end up stumbling upon what forms consciousness through trial and error rather than confirming already existing theories.

>Oh and you know this because?
He knows it because the JOOS wouldn't allow it. Its obvious.

Enlighten us on teleportation then.

Holograms. I've seen plenty of stuff using angled glass panes, and even one that used a laser in liquid (?), but there still is not a single true holographic display, not even a proof of concept.

>True flying cars.
Helicopters

Only if you assume two things:
1. Souls exist
2. AI can't have souls

What does having a soul have to do with human level artificial intelligence?

ALL these I have experienced about 26 years ago EXCEPT the AI sentience and DNA HDD, which is Never and Useless respectively.
Your estimates are not off - if the earth civilisation continues to use hate and violence and other forms of negativity. I would like to see this beautiful planet blossom, not self-destruct.
t. incarnated extraterrestrial

some of this shit with the dates is kinda off. if you told someone even 50 years ago that we would be able to speak to people on the otherside of the planet with little to no lag using a device that everyone has and can fit in their pockets you would get laughed at.

>50 years to manipulate dna and furthermore people's brains and 2k years for everybody to speak english
>1 million years to lightspeed?
Holy shit fucking timelets

Artificial Super Intelligence
WARP/FTL
True cryogenics
Transporter/Teleportation tech
Uploading brain into a droid, ala ghost in shell / Chappie
Terraforming

Because only souls have the ability to Create. I'm capitalizing this word because I'm attempting to do justice to the INFINTITE power of what this implies.
AI can only go as far as logic gates go; certain inputs get certain outputs. There is NO randomness, let alone "structured randomness" whatsoever. Go alone to nature, listen to uplifting music, meditate, sing or paint, then you will see how those things are utterly different from the cold logic that AI uses, and it can only use it to further our goals and serve us. As it should be - in accordance to higher spiritual principles.

There's nothing quantum about the human brain.

By definition, a theory has evidence to back it up, otherwise it is just a hipotesis

AI can create art and pursue other creative endeavors as well. Theoretically it's capable of doing anything a human can do. Don't bring your spiritual bull-shit into this.

Because it is then no longer artificial but the real thing.

No it's not because it was artificially created rather than being biologically born

You can neither prove or disprove that it's just a theory anyway

Try to understand the fundamentals of digital logic. It's still strictly input-output based. AI cannot break the Von Neumann chain. Focus on inner love and spirituality.

You're thinking about current computer intelligence. True AI could think on its own and have a consciousness. If it so wanted to it could embrace spirituality as well.

The difference is that 200 years ago people didn't had the most remote idea about anything. Today we have a really good understanding about everything.

No property of this fractal hologram universe, besides a soul, can do such a thing. If a soul incarnates into a machine (doesn't happen because you cannot force spirituality even with genetic manipulations) then it theoretically would. But it can't. Sorry. Focus on SELF-LOVE and watch the world change. You are a kid discovering his playground, don't fear your toys. It's all up to you my friend.

A hypothesis.

So far as we know that's a pretty bold statement to make. 200 years from now what's to say we don't look back and say the same thing about today? We've certainly advanced quite a bit but I'd wager there's more we don't know than what we have already learned. This debate is fairly futile though as there's no way to properly foresee the future.

allright i really need to stop roleplaying and being passive-arrogant, now concentrate on spiritual light to dispel every negative energy and improve your life for yourself and everyone around you, the Existence places a little red carpet in front of your legs and the whole world starts revolving around you when you respect it and develop wisdom. I wish everyone could feel that. allright time to stop 4channing and do a meditation. see ya guise

>there's no way to properly foresee the future
wrong