/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated - blame /csg/)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Sony Xperia X Compact is now just $279.99 in white
gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_x_compact_is_now_just_27999_in_white-news-27922.php

OnePlus 5T also gets 20MP + 20MP camera, may have larger battery
gsmarena.com/oneplus_5t_antutu_dual_camera-news-27910.php

BLU Vivo 8L launched with 20MP selfie camera, 4,000mAh battery
gsmarena.com/blu_vivo_8l_launched_with_20mp_selfie_camera_4000mah_battery-news-27901.php

LG V30 "Real Review"
youtube.com/watch?v=jy-XNrxx7us&feature=youtu.be

The Pixel 2 XL drama is undermining Google’s entire Pixel project
theverge.com/2017/10/24/16519530/google-pixel-2xl-screen-issues-deep-and-unfixable

LG V30 Review
phonearena.com/reviews/LG-V30-Review_id4437

Best Buy $250 off Note8, S8, and S8+ for ATT and Verizon
bestbuy.com/site/conditional-offers/samsung-phones-offer/pcmcat1507219279019.c?id=pcmcat1507219279019

Meizu M6 Note vs Xiaomi Mi A1: Best Budget Android Phones in 2017
youtu.be/vUwsO5ALRKY

old

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0JjbMT_x6CM
youtube.com/watch?v=EqDDYFyxZYo
youtube.com/watch?v=-K7bo7gIH8A
youtube.com/watch?v=Rzt4rUPFYD4
xda-developers.com/unreleased-htc-google-pixel-2-with-3830-mah-battery/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shit sorry man I was just trying to be funny. I'll delete it. Apologies accepted

Should I cancel my order and get something else, guys?
All of this Pixel 2 XL drama is making me antsy.

No. Get it. check it out in person then decide. I'm waiting for mine as well was supposed to ship on 24th

Fuck they're delaying shipping my Pixel 2 XL which was supposed to ship today.

IF I ORDERED A S8 I WOULD HAVE IT A MONTH AGO

>paying $1000 for a phone you can't even look at
youtube.com/watch?v=0JjbMT_x6CM
youtube.com/watch?v=EqDDYFyxZYo
youtube.com/watch?v=-K7bo7gIH8A
youtube.com/watch?v=Rzt4rUPFYD4

top lel googledroids.

Is this good? I'm on Moto X Pure

>No anime girl OP

Shall I buy Xperia Z1 Compact and flash a 7.1.2 Rom on it? I want to do it just for fun and to ser If it's as smooth as my old Nexus 5 running Lineage OS 14.1. I can get the Z1C for about 50 Euros

I'll see it when I'll see it.

I'm paying only $450.00

>No anime girl OP

Yeah, pixel 2 was a mediocre phone to begin with

What does Sup Forums think about the BlackBerry Ketone? Is good old BlackBerry back on the map?

At the store rn.
Been researching phones & decided on the
>LG V30
but I just saw the
>Android Essential
Didn't know it existed while researching,
But the whole look & unlocked nature of the phone entices me
What do?
Advice?

Whats a mid-tier phone that has a good camera and good battery life?

Panda is backordered to January now. You will never ever see it if you cancel now.

Try to find a YouTube unboxing of it, you can't.

Honestly I have no clue why Google commissioned LG for the 2 XL when they have a history of shit quality control

When will USB-C become as dominant as micro USB in phones? Much better performance on a C but sadly MicroUSB is so widely adopted by consumers.

within the next decade or so

OP3T

Shit camera, meh audio quality. With some adb work the screen is great. I like mine

Need a phone under 250 with T-Mobile US bands, stock Android, rootable, 5GHz wifi, decent battery life, what are my choices Sup Forums

>pixel welcome email makes a special noise
Nice desu

What's the better buy between the Moto G5s+ or the X4?

moto g5s+

Your v30 or Android Essential?

USB performance is dependent on SOC's USB controller. There are USB-C phones that still run on USB 2.0 speed.

>no premium smart cover/mod for the Z2 Play akin to the Droid Turbo
>just some shitty Marstak mod that doesn't add anything and even oversized for it's hinge

I guess it works well enough and I don't need a bulky case that would dissuade ever using mods.

>mfw my s8+ has the exact same color shift as the Pixel 2 XL in the second video
>the tint is horrible green instead of cool blue
>GREEN

its already been sent into repair 3 times because the store i bought it from gives them three chances to fix the issue before they give me a new phone. i thought samsung had the best displays...

without pics no one will believe you user.

Also open up your display settings and fuck around with the color dials and see if you can fix it.

I'm on freedom os.

How do I update this.

its much more noticable irl compared to pictures.

also it has these sweet lines across the entire screen, and second time the phone got sent in the repair shop denied something wrong on the screen and said the touch was working as normal so no problems to be found. lel

just got an android
what I've done
>lineage
>root
>ISMI Catcher
>adblocker
>firewall

how else do I secure my device? I'm thinking of setting up a VPN but unsure as to how it imp-acts battery? what're some must have security apps?

pixel 2 or galaxy s8
both of the smaller sizes
looking for:
>storage that will last a while
>rootability (mostly just for adaway, but also for some other nice things)
>flagship specs in 2017
which one is the best or is there a better alternative
>inb4 "muh bezels"

Samsung browser has an add blocker that works and DNS66 blocks ads in apps without root.

Also Pixel 2 doesn't have Headphone jack or mSD card support and that makes it shit in my eyes from the start, i have decent IEMs (nothing too crazy) and a lot of music i keep on mSD cards.

Being an asshole isn't funny dick wad

You can't root the s8 without losing 20% of the battery.

Samsung s8 will have better storage with microsd support and a better display also has a headphone jack though a worse camera and rootability (S8 still has a great camera though). If you can save up a little longer though I'd recommend the Note 8.

Fuck off Samsung sheep

>If you can save up a little longer though I'd recommend the Note 8.
Hes specifically mention the smaller size so I doubt he wants one.

Just got a new LG VG 20 for $280.

Bought this ugly case which I regret now. (Was honestly sold on built-in screen protector). Gonna return I guess.

What cases do y'all V20 bro's use??

>DNS66 blocks ads in apps without root
it doesn't though. at least on my galaxy s8 plus.

depends how the app is loading apps.

If they're loading them on their end and forwarding through their servers it wont block it.

If they're offloading you to an ad server then DNS66 will likely have blocked it.

For me it blocks ads in speedtest.net's speedtest app. But in a few games there are still some ads, and some other games there aren't.

Just depends how it's implemented.

>app is loading apps
*app is loading ads

You were right all along Sup Forums. You were right.

I have to switch to verizon from T-mobile. I am currently using a LG G4 and it has no problems and I love it. I am looking for something with a removable battery and storage what are some current or last gen phones I should look into?

Why didn't you like yours?

V20 was like the last major device to still have a removable battery.

Carrier: Digitel

No money, just want to know what the cheapest chink shit with 256mb, 512mb and 1gb of RAM looks like

The harsh blue tint when I tiled the screen even slightly drove me insane in a matter of minutes.

Is your postal system even working? Didn't the country collapse?

You're right my bad I kinda skimmed his post

Huh interesting. You probably got an old batch. Tons of reddit users are claiming a different display entirely. The one I got today only slightly tinted blue at extreme angles.

>$1000
>Hardware lottery

This. I won't tolerate a lack of quality control, especially at that price point.

Small inconvenience to get the best device.

>no headphone jack
>no mSD card slot
>hardware lottery
>trusting shitty LG build quality over a 1-2 year period

yeah i'll pass, even if you do win the hardware lottery and get a good screen you're still not as good as samsung's display quality AND you're making sacrifices elsewhere and still hoping the LG hardware doesn't bootloop in 6-12 months.

People buy it because it's not a Samsung.

xda-developers.com/unreleased-htc-google-pixel-2-with-3830-mah-battery/

Aw shit nigga ultra pixel

Is there any launchers that hide the nav bar on the s8?

hide this dick in ya mouth ya simp

>old phone has micro sim (OPO)
>bought moto g5+
>AT&T store wouldn't give me a nano sim card for my moto g5+ because I didn't bring it with me even though I had the IMEI #

What the fuck? Just give me the damn card and I can put it in myself. I don't need some stupid nigger to get his slimy nigger hands all over my new phone to plug in a sim card.

cool story bro

I'm surprised the Z Play isn't as popular as the G5 phones when it has a 5.5 AMOLED instead of the LCD in the G5 displays and a 3500 mah battery instead of 3000. Also you get Moto Mod support and it's like a $50 price difference.

Said that you lost your SIM.

it shipped :)

JUST

Enjoy your 5 minutes of use before you decide to return it.

Woahhhh nigger, you can fuck right off to /LGBT/, /hm/, and Sup Forums with that pussy attitude. Delete your post.

pixel has bezels and no headphone jack, s8 has bloat and screen curve
pick your poison

You can actually call Samsung or your provider for a replacement, it will be covered as a mechanical error. I noticed a very small burned in line at the top section or my screen (which probably came from watching YouTube videos in portrait mode) and I got a new device next day. Don't expect that from Googlel because all of their devices are fucked.

Tell me how it feels to not have any sense of self-worth.

Shit nigga that ID is your IMEI number delete that shit before jelly faggots do something to it

Don't be rude.

What apps should I get for my Sony Xperia A1 ultra

And is addblocker plus in the store legit?

Why would you want anything with

I bought a new Keyone 10 days ago and since then I've been absolutely satisfied with it. It's both an excellent phone and a work tool, but it's not suitable to anyone of course. Battery does wonders, the physical keyboard can be used as touchpad to scroll down and up, left and right (not in every app though), to browse pages and to move the cursor in a text, the keys can be set to launch apps and tasks from the homepage. The specs aren't super good, but the Keyone gets simply the job done and that's what counts and so far I haven't noticed any lags.

is this murica only? im from sweden

but samsung displays still have lottery?

OK so best Android is Samsung? Note or S8?

How did Pixel fuck up so royaly

POO in loo

First for xz1 compact

>Samsung shills are at it again

Christ, have some pride as a Westerner.

Why don't we have more Helio X30 phones?

It's basically a massively improved upon Helio X20 with Snapdragon 835 CPU performance and Snapdragon 820 GPU performance.

moto g4 plus here

massive pleb when it comes to android and I hate the fucking Google search bar that is on my homescreen and there's no options I can find to get rid of it
being a pleb, I only recently learned that you can get homescreen apps/launchers that will remove the Google search bar

just wondered which ones you guys use/recommend

1st gen Pixels.

Is SecDroid still needed to be installed after clean reinstall?

please someone tell me how to up my game

anyone messed around with these? how reliable are they?

have the chinks made any landscape keyboard phones yet?

What do you guys think about the S8?

nova is probably the most common

overpriced s7e

If it wasn't for the curved edges, the Bixby button, and the unhappy fingerprints scanner placement, it would be perfect

^pretty much what he said. I'd also like to add the weird rooting situation for the US version. Not sure about the Exynos version, but that's ultimately been the reason I'm trying my best not to buy one.

I really want a smartphone with a gamepad.
The xperia play was pretty damn fun.

>in dire need new phone
>wanted the S8
>tfw S8 is not a viable option
>V30 as an alternative
>tfw V30 is a literal lottery
Since I'm in Europe I'm covered regarding return, refund, and warranty, but I don't know if I should go through the hassle of taking my chances with the LG.

speaking of s7e, I just replaced my S6 battery with a s7e battery and now I'm getting the same battery life as the s7e if not slightly better.