Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4
nyaa.pantsu.cat/dbdumps
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck off.

cartell won
Sup Forums eternally btfo
hail reddit

who are these fucking retards who are torrenting anime in the first place.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Seriously though. Pantsuit is a mess.

youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4

Pantsu.cat still having good numbers.

That's what I call desperate shilling. Unsure of why.

At least link to the previous thread: For once that there was some actual discussion, but I must agree with pantsu death, traffic was divided by 3 those two last months, nearing TT level, and will surely reach anidex level at the end of the year.

So? Why care about traffic? Its just a place to upload and get torrents.

There's no point if nobody is going to use it even as a second or third choice, pantsu has become too dependent on content from other trackers and has nothing to offer. If .si were to shut down, people would only wait for the direct successor, gain of userbase and uploaders would only be temporary and the cycle will repeat itself. The primary objectives of the project were never fulfilled, even anirena is more useful with an almost non-existent visibility.

> The primary objectives of the project were never fulfilled
They were. I can set up my own Nyaa now. That matters.

a magnet is a magnet is a magnet

They weren't. Remember that pipe dreams about decentralized and distributed shit? Or the alternative history kicks in again?

nyaa.pantsu.cat/dbdumps
At least the DB dumps are up to date, but it clearly needs improvement for portability and a better organization, torrents are pretty messed up.

No, it was mainly about having nyaa again and this time publishing the DB.

> Remember that pipe dreams about decentralized and distributed shit?
Some people had this idea (and I was with the people who told them even their imagined solution has no particular chance of catching on), but I don't recall PantsuDev being particularly firmly among them.

PantsuDev stubbornly made a nyaa replacement happen, despite using Go.

I really missed the times when solutions and features were actively proposed and discussed, even if they wouldn't have been implemented soon, but more for the project on the long term. I don't know much about possible technology to use for decentralization and better torrenting, but I think that some people like ipfs user (pic related) had soom good ideas to invest for the future. But all the ones with ideas departed in late may/early june and those possibilities were dismissed.
I believe that a few ones from that time would still be up to contribute despite the progressive lost of interest. Maybe too much time was spended at the beginning on the graphical and visual improvement rather than looking for good devs willing to support the project durably. The only commits those days come from kilo or are translation related, it makes me a little sad to see such a promising project finish like this.
The last time PantsuDev actually gave a list of features to add was three months ago:

>rather than looking for good devs willing to support the project durably
That option was excluded from the very beginning, when ewhal decided to stick with the meme language for the sake of his own resume.

Yeah, just as it was said in the previous thread: All the cartel memes were uncalled for when the head of pantsu project is composed of clearly incompetent people who closed off options at the early stage when they weren't numerous to begin with.

Tbh as long as it has the current shows I don't care. Nyaa si may be better but the UI is hideous, at least Pantsu looks nice

> Can I upload one fake torrent for testing?
> kirusurai: run a local nyaa instance and test on there
> ilikecats is hitler confirmed
> ok
Funny that the only times we saw them talk is on the .si irc now, guess that there's really no more thing to discuss about the fate of pantsu.

>wanted to upload my old collection after nyaa died
>people bashed me for my choice of subs
>now nyaapantsu is ded and I uploaded everything to .si
>this is what happens when you're a fucking elitist

Who would have thought that the mascots were keeping the user base?
Well fore sure Sup Forums theme looks nice and having the nyaa.se original theme is also pretty useful with categories navigation and more search options. If now the scrapers were fully operational and the servers stable there would be really nothing to complain about.

nyaa.si master race
fuck Sup Forums and fuck Sup Forums

It was known about .si moles and saboteurs in the dev team from the get-go. Even ewhal's behavior was sometimes so strange and inexplicable that he was considered one of them.

Considering that uploading to .si equals uploading to pantsu there's no much change, however if the feature of multiupload from pantsu to .si/anidex/TT is added it could be more useful as a way to keep the maximum content in all databases. Pantsu doesn't need to regain the spotlight, it only needs to work fully as a decentralized backup to ensure the presence of content and being deployable locally.

Nah the whole pantsu vs cartel is retarded, devs are free to contribute to any tracker if it is for the well-being of the community. Just figures that the nyaa-dev irc is more active and that some remarks still triggers people like ewhal, but I still see yiiT and ilikecats being here for user support (even ewhal deserted the nyaapantsu-help channel) and approve the commits of kilo. But a comeback of akuma and other devs would be more than welcomed.