Anyone know any of any reliable portable CD players that don't cost their weight in gold?

Anyone know any of any reliable portable CD players that don't cost their weight in gold?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com.au/itm/Sony-D-191-Discman-Portable-Compact-Disc-CD-Player-Slim-Design-D191/391899398504?hash=item5b3f064168:g:vlsAAOSwPh5ZMCKk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What is this? 2004?
Just rip it to a mp3 player

This thread is stack overflow in a nutshell.

If you can find one I'd recommend the Panasonic S140. Benn rocking mine since new roughly 20 years now. Just plays CDs and works.

good goy

i think the reason they cost their weight in gold now is because they're like trying to buy a NES. They are no longer manufactured and they're price jacked for nostalgia nerds

here you go bro ebay.com.au/itm/Sony-D-191-Discman-Portable-Compact-Disc-CD-Player-Slim-Design-D191/391899398504?hash=item5b3f064168:g:vlsAAOSwPh5ZMCKk

based user, thanks

I hope it malfunctions tomorrow.

It won't. Old batteries exploded in it the other day actually but I'm using it just fine now after a fresh set installed.

If you're into physical media, I'd highly reccomend looking into something like a minidisc recorder. It's just as convient as a CD, doesn't skip, it's recordable in real time or over USB, you can set data compression levels manually, it's got the most complete editing suite of any portable recorder made(cut, splice, move, title, files, erase) and over 40 hour battery life, and they're actually small enough to fit in a pocket, unlike a discman.

that's pretty neet

do sony MDs play on normal cd players too?

no, the discs never leave the protective cases. its kind of like a cassette tape with a cd inside. i still have one around here somewhere, now i kind of want to dig it up

it is 20 fuck 17 get a pmp ffs

I think they're pretty cool, but you've got to look out for ones that let you use regualr A batteries, as all their original rechargable batteries are dead. Another thing to is you can't do data transfer over USB anymore, as the software for it's too outdated to run on any modern system.

you could just use windows 98 in virtualbox

I remember buying one when they released. I always thought they should've replaced the compact disc. Now physical media has been replaced for good, thank goodness.

you can grab a discman for 20 bucks on ebay. why not?

Grandpa get off internet

> reliable
> portable
Yea, that's why you use Opus files on a smartphone or dedicated player.

Plays longer, more reliable, more portable, no chance of scratches on your discs, far easier to carry a lot of hours of music.

your fucking phone
retards

Someone post the circular saw player

>CD
>reliable
>portable
You can pick two of these, but you can't have all three.

I had a cd player with a buffer system that loaded when you started playing a song. While it was loading, if you shake the cd player the song paused for half a second, but when the buffer was fully loaded there would be no way to make it stop with normal use.

even ubuntu doesnt have kernel support?

your phone plays CDs? where the fuck did you get it?

This was god-tier back in the day

no i rip CDs

kek I had that barbie cd player too was good shit didn't skip.