*blocks your path*

*blocks your path*
not so fast kid! you have to get through ME before you can start becoming a programmer heh

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/file/d/0B0uVd31B7zGEOHZiWWVUclRHYm8/edit
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In Asia they take calc in 9th grade

It was a nice subject though.
I miss doing laplace transforms, it was rather elegant.

actually we start teach it in senior high school

t. brainlet

I was never interested in calculus. At least, the non theoretical more application centric education of it pushed through HS and college

And drills of Route computation are soul crushing for me

If high school math stops you from being a programmer; it is just an excuse for your own stupidity.

I like the idea of calculus but man, I could never get into it as a programmer. The whole idea of computers is that they perform discrete computations. So no matter how crazy your functions are you still need to be mainly concerned with the minutiae of how your particular integration behaves. For me, a stronger base in abstract algebra has always been more important.

I remember someone here posted a link to a PDF of a very old calculus textbook (it is in public domain now). The book was written in a very accessible style and bemoaned the way in which contemporary calculus textbooks were written. I don't remember the title or the author. Can anybody help?

Here's a cute pic for your trouble.

>struggling with single-variable calc
You should actually just off yourself brainlet

I had to learn calculus on my own in university (having dropped math toward the end of high school because it wasn't required) to do statistics / game theory in later-year courses. That fucking sucked.

I've since forgotten it all. Good riddance.

I actually loved that class and even took cal 3. Was very close to taking differential equations as well.

Sadly due to me spending most of my time in math my programming skills are shit. Still plowing my way through though.

owo

...come to think of it, I think I've forgotten everything I 'learned' in university.

Clearly time and money well spent.

You don't technically need a degree to perform programming work. And if you get a degree, then this is literally a retard filter making sure the degree is actually worth something.

>tfw the CS major at my uni didn't require calculus until the semester that I started
>tfw I'd also been out of high school for 6 years at that point working so I didn't get assraped by loan debt and didn't remember shit about algebra
>HS math curriculum was so shit that I never even knew what a matrix or discrete math was until I was told I had to take discrete in college

I would like this too.

What maths level is computing and summing the primes under 2 million at?

James Stewart 14th Edition

Calculus is piss easy and if you can't pass with at least a C in it you shouldn't be in a STEM field. I've never understood the "omg math is so hard xdddd" meme. It's literally just following rules.

Well i remember one of my math proffesors.

Every lecture he just went to board and like robot he write shitload of random formulas while talking what they mean. And he did it in speed of light all time without stopping. When tgere was no space on board, he wiped out all board and continued writing.

Nobody had time to write this all to notebooks.
Nobody didnt even understood that.

After everyone failing first test, professor gave us questions and awnsers for second test, but still excepted to have SAME AWNSERS has fthey are written.

So everybody cheated and passed.

see
A lot of school systems in the US have really shitty math programs taught by people who barely know the material themselves.

it's not super complex to be honest

I code for Uber and I know no calculus. Let this meme die - it only applies if you are a researcher.

This.

Calculus Made Easy

literally 100+ years old and still the GOAT

At least it's not trigonometry.

meant for

>Calc
No worries
>Probability
Get fucked cunt

If the prof is bad then just teach yourself from the textbook. Failing that there are plenty of online resources available for free if your prof just isn't doing it for you. A bad prof is no excuse.

Believe me, I know how shit some of the math programs are here. I straight up just never went to lectures for my calc 3 class because the professor literally told political conspiracy theories for the first half of class every god damn day. Got all hw from the TA and only showed up for tests.

>tfw don't know calculus or what it is for
>Yet I somehow passed it
Give me a quick rundown on this

Calculus is not that hard if your professor isn't an autist that focus way too hard on proofs and demonstrations

I'm the opposite.

I thought calculus was hard as fuck but I had a pretty easy time teaching myself stats, probability and discrete math.

I was talking more about public middle and high schools where they just teach you barely enough to game the system with the standardized tests and set you up for failure in college because they taught you tricks to cheat the very specific format and problems on those tests rather than actually teaching you math.

there is continuous probability as well, user

Calculus is just high school algebra on steroids.

if you're solid with algebra than it's just grinding out the problems.

I wonder why the asian students at my uni were so shit if they were apparently so advanced

it's not even hard though

I made it to Differential Equations by my senior year in HS, and there were higher math classes available yet even though I went to the poorest school in a ghetto school district. How dumb do you have to be to be a 4th year university student and STILL not have taken Calculus?

>Calculus is not that hard if you don't focus on the hard things
Who would have thought?

Same in western EU. Friendly reminder that US education is piss easy until grad school.

woag do you watch Rick and Morty

>Who would have thought?
I mean, the useful part of calculus is not hard

stop whining and just learn it

The absolute state of Sup Forums

docs.google.com/file/d/0B0uVd31B7zGEOHZiWWVUclRHYm8/edit

Integral and differential calculus N. piskunov

Elementary school eratosthenes sieve

Eastern Europe, too.

Very beginning of Number Theory.

because asian countries kick out the shitters to other countries before they can reproduce

stat is harder and more important

That's basically what I did by reading textbooks and shit.
He's right though. Calculus isn't even all that hard untill you get to Calculus in 3 dimensions and more, and even then it's pretty managable. I'd say when you start taking Real analysis and actually prove eveerything you take for granted in Calculus, then shit gets really difficult.

*everything

I regret that I didn't take more math. I have no idea what analysis is and I never worked with differential equations either.

t. CS degree haver

I have never done any differential equations either and I'm a theoretical cs grad student

I can only do algebra