With the one plus 5t being released in the end of november, got a question

With the one plus 5t being released in the end of november, got a question

Is it worth waiting for this or should I get the note 8? I have a carrier upgrade so I can get the note at a discount, I believe both will cost around the same for me with the upgrade, so I dont really know which to choose.

Have an s7 edge now thats getting a bit slow

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8kpD3XCp49o
tomsguide.com/us/root-your-galaxy-note-8,review-4781.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not worth the wait just get an iPhone X, nothing will beat it

>notch

The snapdragon 835 is already faster than the A11

youtu.be/8kpD3XCp49o

Depends whether they removed the botnet

I'd wait for reviews before deciding. It may not have jelly scrolling if they're not retarded, and if a headphone jack matters to you, that's also a possibility.

The value looks to be better than the note 8. The note 8 is already a bad buy because s8 is so cheap. I'd wait for release and reviews. If you need a phone right now get the s8

>the I just bought a op5 2 weeks ago

Wait for a couple more iOS 11 updates and then see. Even the iPhone 7 on iOS 10.3.3 will beat Note 8.

>Have an s7 edge now thats getting a bit slow
Are you shitting me?

>iOS updates
>making an iPhone faster
Good joke

Get the Note 8 senpai. Better deal at that price.

What the fuck is it with these phone sizes

Do you fags actually enjoy juggling them over 2 fingers? It's already awkward trying to use a 5.5 inch smartphone one-handed.

>Not using a custom ROM
It's like you're asking for it.

I have a 5.8" screen and use it one handed just fine.

No custom roms or root on Note 8

>He's a handlet

going from a op3 to this.
should be really nice.

However the OP6 will have no bezels like the new vivo phone that was just leaked (the op5t is based off a vivo)

Nope, A11 bionic on a phone is simply just a huge turd.

Here's why: apple lacked raw multi-core performance so they added 2 more cores in the A11 over the A10. However apple is notorious for providing terrible cooling for it's products (see macs) so what happens is apps engage all 6 cores and the chip almost immediately starts to overheat.

Anyway it has 2 options: run blistering hot until it trips a thermal safety and causes the iPhone to turn off for a few minutes or thermal throttle the fuck out of itself. People almost noticed the hybrid approach "please wait for your iPhone to cool down before using it" so apple has opted for the latter.

Just to clarify: I'm not denying that the A11 is the fastest ARM chip out there (in single and multi-thread) but apples poor implementation of it especially on a phone means we will never see all of that performance in real world scenarios.

Also I suspect the chip might also be tripping a TDP limit which is worse.

Anything beats a phone with no headphone jack. Similarly, anything beats a phone that blocks off part of the screen for no good reason.

The note 8 already did tho...

I have average-size hands and have no problems with my s8+ (6.2in). Once in a while I'll use my off hand to reach a corner of the screen but it's hardly a big deal. Better than squinting your eyes to read text or watch a video.

I still have my S7 edge and it runs flawlessly just back it up and try restoring it. OP5T just seems like a worse knock off of the Note 8 without the S pen.

Yes you can

tomsguide.com/us/root-your-galaxy-note-8,review-4781.html

I heard you can enable 60fps 4K video recording too.

Sounds like the same issues as the 808 and 810 chipsets. Worst chipset in living memory.

bait but ill bite
>a11 chip, puts out more numbers in geekbench, but still gets beaten out by "lagdroids"
>in 2 years time the phone will be a stuttering mess, updates will fuck it up, an android can just be rooted after the warranty is up and you can fuck a custom rom on it to get it back as it was
>no headphone jack, people only say they hate it when apple gets rid of fit, but they say its a stupid move when motorola did it at the time
>no fingerprint scanner, i can guarantee youll defend it because apple did it
>face scanning, i hate the idea of having my phone constantly looking to find my face, its one thing for it do it and not be told but going out and paying for the feature is retarded, just get anything other than that meme machine
>muh iphone chip are fast haha, not like it will be used for anything useful so its not a talking point per se
>camera, lg v30 blasts everything out of it right now
>no file manager, iphone storage data has a section that says "other" but you cant see what "other" is or even organise your photos into folders
fuck iphone honestly

As someone who has owned an iPhone 3gs, 5, and 6S I honestly agree with this. After getting a oneplus 3 I honestly can't see myself going back to iPhones.

>lagPhone

It's more about width than height.

>Wait for a couple more iOS 11 updates
>iOS """""""updates"""""""

Thirded

My iPhone 6S+ just shit the bed