Should I buy a official or unofficial PS2 memory card ?

Should I buy a official or unofficial PS2 memory card ?

i dont know

official if brand new in original packaging

but if you can't find that, if theyre only used or 'official brand new' but don't seem brand new...then might as well by a brand new unofficial from a seller who's sold loads of them and has tens of thousands of good reviews.

Save games is for losers. Just don't turn off your PS2 and don't die in the game.

Buy a "magic" one if your PS2 isn't chipped. This way you can play pirated games.

Get the cheapest one from Ali. Seriously, this tech is so old, it has been reversed engineered ages ago and probably any seller will give you something decent. It's basically just a flash chip with a microcontroller, not much to fuck up tbqh.

Just buy them off aliexpress sheesh

Get 2 unofficials ones, regularly back up onto the 2nd one, so if the worst one goes tits up all is not lost.

my god, what year is this?

use pcsx2 and you literally got your whole harddrive for your savegames

official
I have lost hundreds of hours on non-official shit

I have an unofficial on from aliexpress. The PS2 recognizes it, but many older games don't. I just backed my saves up to it, and then flashed my other card with free mcboot (free mcboot wouldn't recognize the aliexpress one either). Apparently, there is some extension for free mcboot that let's you load from and save to a flash drive, but I don't have experience with that.

the current year guys

first not worst lel

Even the beefiest PC can't run most PS2 games smoothly without optimizations, and optimizations most of the times ruin the experience.

You should get one of these bad boys. 4 memory cards in one, switch at a touch of a button.

Back then the third party ones required a boot disc. Fucking gay

>get fat ps2 + hdd adapter (chink for sata instead of ide) + appropriate hdd + adapter to connect to computer (usb ide/sata preferred)
>download pre-made FreeHDBoot image
>write image to drive
>stick hdd ps2, boom homebrewed
>use OpenPS2Loader and its virtual memory cards which are stored on the hdd

This

virtual memory card elf

also with enough adapters you can use an SD card if you want a lighter and quieter brick

buy a raspberry zero

>hdd adapter
Do those things still exist?

If you don't mind chink, it should be easy to get a sata one.

Don't really know about the official ide ones.

>being so underaged that you don't have a ps2 hooked up to a TV tuner card so you can use your desktop as monitor