What killed the UMPC/sub-8-inch laptop?

What killed the UMPC/sub-8-inch laptop?

unpractical design unsuitable for an enterprise environment.

Niche use, and they don't work in enterprise.

We don't live in a /cyb/ world.

Not enough space to fit adult cats.

A move away from the simple computing that they excel at, and towards heavy media consumption.

It's still alive in Japan. Also, Chinese merchants see this niche as being profitable enough to make a few models.

Nothing.
It still as "popular" as it has always been.

Bump

netbooks killed it because it was easier to make it a bit bigger to get it cheaper

ultraportables on weight/thickness were more practical for actual work and hit the right weight/thickness for a smaller bag or to carry around.

they're fucking toys

iPad mini

comfort, battery life, screen size, lack of performance components

Newfag here who is just getting into linux etc. Just wondering, what can you use it for? They look cute!
What brands?

only good for muh aesthetics hipster photo shoots

my penor crushed it on impact

They're also total rip-offs compared to just buying an old netbook.

Smartphones

Small keyboards and necktroubles.
You can have those for less weight with a smartphone.

when I was a little kid my parents had one of those, the keyboard felt tiny as shit and hard to use.

I was like 8 and it was too small, can't imagine an adult using one.

Can do the same shit or better on an iPhone/iPhone Plus without having to worry about all the crap.

Smartphones.
They're mini computers. I mean fuck, I had my old man call me saying he was having computer problems and I remotes in to his PC on my phone and resolved it. Whats the point of a 8'' laptop when I can do much of the same on the go work from something that fits in my pocket comfortably. I say this as someone who bought 2 netbooks.

Incredibly limited computers.

If you're on an iPhone maybe.
I have a rooted Android that I can run X11 and desktop applications if I really wanted with a bluetooth mouse and keyboard, but in a way why bother? I usually just remote in to devices with my phone, same as what Netbooks were meant for, a glorified thin client.