/wag/ - Windows 10 AME General

>NEW Release 24-10-2017
VHD download options added

>What is Windows 10 AME?
Windows 10 AME aims at delivering a stable, non-intrusive yet fully functional build of Windows 10 to anyone, who requires the Windows operating system natively. Spyware systems, which are abundant in Windows 10 by default, have not been disabled using group policy, registry entries or various other workarounds – they have been entirely removed and deleted from the system, on an executable-level. This includes Windows Update, and any related services intended to re-patch the system via what is essentially a universal backdoor. Core applications, such as the included Edge web-browser, Windows Media Player, Cortana, as well as any appx applications, have also been successfully eliminated. The total size of removed files is about 2 GB.

>Windows 10 Image with ALL spyware deleted from the OS
>Updates and hidden repair services deleted and disabled
>Cortana, Edge, Apps, Windows Media Player deleted
>Replaced with only basic FOSS apps, leaving most of the changes to the user
>works with all modern games and productivity software

As a fellow user pointed out who had initially been scrutinizing this project, security is all but handled by revoking Windows Admin permissions, and practicing safe browsing habits (something any tech literate person can do), as we mention on the AME page, and can be enabled with the included script on the desktop. We are still actively working on improving the security situation, so please contribute when you can.

LINK: actrons.info/ame.html

Other urls found in this thread:

avecto.com/news-and-events/news/94-of-critical-microsoft-vulnerabilities-mitigated-by-removing-admin-rights
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>1511

So, an outdated version of an OS that's still in beta. Remove also any security patches, all you gotta do is "practice safe browsing habits", yeah, right. Go sell your shit somewhere else, like one of those stupid Windows skiddie forums.

>1511
It's the last build of WIndows 10 that allows you to easily remove Update functionality from the OS, as well as any Windows repair functionality such as SIH.

Yeah, we should all stop taking vaccines too.

>version of an OS that's still in beta
1511 is NOT a beta build of Windows. It has was released in December 2015, and has 2 rounds of patches since Windows 10's official release (July 2016) already applied to it. also see >Remove also any security patches
See the security details on the link in the OP.

Not an accurate analogy. There are many different ways of enforcing security. I understand your concerns, however most of the relevant security issues can be mitigated entirely, regardless of the legacy software.

have ms fixed that fps drop in games introduced with creators update yet?

no

Unzipping your double zipped VHD now. Will rate.

Is ltsb still viable I do not trust this shifty image.

Yes, 1709 creator not 1703 creator

OP here, LTSB is not intended to be used for main-stream consumer applications such as gaming and/or work station productivity tools.
The retail Pro versions of Windows are intended for this, and thus come pre-installed with various runtimes for this purpose.

So basically it's a fucked up unpatched Windows 10 with every fucking shit zero-day wich was found since 2015

Sounds nice, idiot.
Just install Linux and dualboot to windows for gaming only

Any feedback helps. Thanks.

Read the OP, and the entries on privacy on the site.
The security vulnerabilities are a non-issue for anyone who practices safe browsing habits and disables Admin privileges in Windows. (This has been true fro every windows release since vista).
See -> avecto.com/news-and-events/news/94-of-critical-microsoft-vulnerabilities-mitigated-by-removing-admin-rights

Furthermore, because of Microsoft's track record, if you TRULY require security, Windows should not be the platform you choose. It's this simple: Windows AME, or even Windows 7, with admin rights revoked is more secure than the latest patched build of Windows 10. Security is a non-issue if you aren't a retard.

I read it, but it seems you raged to fast.
Read my post again. This time completely.

>by revoking Admin permissions and practicing safe browsing habits

This isn't a viable solution dude. This is just retarded. You should already be practicing safe browsing but why should I have my admin privileges revoked AND be on a completely unsupported version of Windows? At least base this shit on Anniversary. You can't even install the latest 10 series Nvidia drivers on this build.

sage this dumb shit and just use LTSB for now until something not as stupid as this comes around

Don't waste your time with your smug retorts, this project will fail and you'll be standing around looking like an idiot for spamming this shit all day long.

>can't install security updates

what the fuck is the point then if I can't even update my own OS's security patches, even offline with WSUS?

>why should I have my admin privileges revoked
All UNIX and LINUX operating systems function this way, and there is a reason.

>completely unsupported version of Windows
I tested AME with an RX Vega 64 and compared the performance of various benchmarks and games to the newest build of Windows: ZERO difference.

see

>All UNIX and LINUX operating systems function this way, and there is a reason.

Yeah, no shit. But this isn't UNIX.

>I tested AME with an RX Vega 64

I understand you are blind, so I will repeat myself, you CANNOT install the latest Nvidia drivers on this build of Windows. It requires the Anniversary update.

I honestly believe you are just shitposting at this point.

How do I install this on my hdd?

I see there is no iso available and I have never heard anything about the other formats they offer.

A README file is included in the download, detailing how to install it.
Try out the VHD file.

>you CANNOT install the latest Nvidia drivers on this build of Windows
Could you verify this? I REALLY doubt it.

Would it be possible to slipstream modern security patches into the iso without reactivating any windows telemetry components?

Aside from malware aside would this be safe to use for day to day use say for banking,email, YouTube? Assuming admin rights are revoked and such. Also what would be considered "safe" browsing habits? No script? Java off? Https everywhere?

Can you uninstall the programs you have included? For example, can I uninstall Firefox and VLC, then install Vivaldi and MPC-HC?

Absolutely.

Yes. Though I do recommend reading our entry on security on the website, and following that.