How do we fix Windows

How do we fix Windows

Other urls found in this thread:

winaero.com/blog/even-with-telemetry-disabled-windows-10-sends-a-lot-of-info-back-to-microsoft/
voat.co/v/technology/comments/835741
archive.fo/QFL8e
youtu.be/eoSg3fSB7PA
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services
privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Let it die

>LTSB exclusive problem
Try using the version made for normal use. Try updating it so your shitty problems get fixed. Learn to use windows properly and don't be such a computer illiterate normie

same here

1709 (16299.19)

>not on 1709
Kys

>using windows

>excuses

Consider updating both Windows and OBS.

Have you tried not being retarded?

damage control

reddit spacing

d

a

m

a

g

e

c

o

n

t

r

o

l

installing win 7

Install gentoo

W10 search doesn't ever fucking come up with the basic searches I do and just redirects me to the web. Fucking garbage

Works fine on education edition: all the benefits of LGBT edition without the obscurity

> How do we fix Windows 10
We don't. It's a fucking mess

>education edition
Has nothing in common with LTSB, fucking retard

everything in the pc market is absolute dogshit.
hardware
software
no one tic toks anymore, it's all absolute shit.

>How do we fix it?
>You fix it by doing this
>LE DAMAGE CONTROLL!!
Neck yourself

format C:

Yeah I get this all the time too, it's a joke. Even items PINNNED to the fucking Start menu don't appear.

I believe the Cortana uninstall/full disable fix does this. The active search bar process is labeled "Cortana" in your processes.

Don't disable background apps in the "Privacy" settings. It breaks start menu search. Don't ask.

And yes, let it die.

search "q" in start menu
first result "File Explorer Options"

LMAO wat

>cortana disabled by default
>allows group policies
>search actually fucking works
Literally all you need

You fix it by doing what exactly? Choosing the version with less telemetry? Is that your grand solution?
winaero.com/blog/even-with-telemetry-disabled-windows-10-sends-a-lot-of-info-back-to-microsoft/
Why wouldn't you use Windows 7?

>even-with-telemetry-disabled
>voat.co/v/technology/comments/835741
>archive.fo/QFL8e
The post is deleted. Probably because the guy realized he's an idiot.
>I have chosen the customized installation option where I disabled three pages of tracking options.
This enables the "Basic" telemetry level. The proper telemetry switch in gpedit.
Connection attempts is a horrible way of measuring anything. If a connection fails it will retry after some time over and over again.

>Why wouldn't you use Windows 7?
Because it phones home no less than windows 10, and I prefer 10's UI.

Your refutation is calling someone an idiot? I'm sure to take you seriously now.
youtu.be/eoSg3fSB7PA
Here's a demonstration of two "anti-botnet" tools not working. So, now what?
Of course it does, but why would you install updates that enable it to do so?

www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/11/02/microsoft-confirms-unstoppable-windows-10-tracking/amp/
Here's Microsoft admitting that telemetry services cannot be stopped.

>Your refutation is calling someone an idiot? I'm sure to take you seriously now.
You didn't read the second half of the post where I explain exactly what's wrong with his approach?

>Here's a demonstration of two "anti-botnet" tools not working.
I don't care if some third-party tool isn't "working".
What I care about is that documented options do what Microsoft claims they are doing. docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services
After running "Spybot Anti-Beacon" you'll notice that most of the connections are to windows update domains. Windows uses the internet for things other than telemetry.

>Terry Myerson recently confirmed Windows 10 Enterprise users will be able to disable every single aspect of Microsoft data collection.
Stop using gimped versions of Windows.

>Because it phones home no less than windows 10, and I prefer 10's UI.
No, it doesn't.

Nice FUD article, but you can't disable w7 telemetry either.

Calling someone fud while providing no evidence to the contrary doesn't prove your point. And of course you can't disable telemetry even of Windows 7, so I ask again - why would you install updates that enable it?

no there, i guess it's different for everyone depending what programs they have installed on their computer

>telemetry spook
You guys are autist failures. Learn how to be secure and private and eat your cake too.

I'm not using "gimped" versions of Windows. I use Windows 7 when I have to. Why didn't you mention this for instance? Their privacy policy, in which they don't even attempt to conceal the fact:
privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement
>Personal Data We Collect
>You provide some of this data directly, such as when you create a Microsoft account, administer your organization’s licensing account, submit a search query to Bing, register for a Microsoft event, speak a voice command to Cortana, upload a document to OneDrive, purchase an MSDN subscription, sign up for Office 365, or contact us for support. We get some of it by recording how you interact with our products by, for example, using technologies likecookies, and receiving error reports or usage data from software running on your device. We also obtain data from third parties.
If you are indeed so concerned about obtaining any amount of privacy while computing, why would you agree to this? Why don't you care about tools which would allow you to have more privacy? Is it because Microsoft can't simply be wrong no matter what?

>I can't refute any claims, let's just call anyone who provides evidence to the contrary an autist

Use Linux for secure / private computing. Done. Your gay shit entertaining outdated tech is irrelevant. Shill your vulnerability ridden win7 elsewhere.

Why would I refute anything there? It's irrelevant. If you want a secure and private computing session, don't use windows. Use standard ungimped win10 for everything else. Stop trying to make windows what it isn't retard

>Use Linux for secure / private computing. Done
That's what I have been advocating for the whole time. How did you not get that?
>Shill your vulnerability ridden win7 elsewhere.
You determined this how?
>I use Windows 7 when I have to
Surely seems like a statement of someone who can't wait to use Microsoft's products.
Also applies to:

This post said that you can't disable telemetry on non-enterprise editions of Windows 10.
Because of that I call those versions gimped and I suggest not using them. I didn't say that you specifically are using it.

A large part of your quote refers to online services. Of course they collect data when you use bing or whatever. There's nothing unusual about that.
For the "usage data from software running on your device" there's a switch as explained earlier.

If you look at replies to those posts you'll see that they have all been refuted.

anybody have this problem btw?
>have full screen start menu
>pinned items don't have the logo or label sometimes

There is no reason to limit yourself to unpatched win7 if you do your private stuff on Linux. Don't tell people to use ubpatched win7, like they aren't more likely to get fucked by a third party that way

Is that ltsb? Also I see you following the UI scheme I've posted lately ;)

no it's not & yeah actually, I really fell in love with it! Are you the one that showed Sup Forums your running a arch (i believe) in a virtual box for programming and work? Btw what's up with this lol? (pic related)

>unupdated win7
>Trading exposure to Microsoft for exposure to everyone

Lol on mobile, posting is hard. Refresh sent the post request twice. Anyway yeah that's me

Oh and about the icons, try deleting your icon cache.

??

>missing the point as always
Sasuga.

weird, lol.
I'll try that out but thank you!

>diskpart & select disk 0 & clean all