LGA775 Appreciation Station

>2k17
>Q6600
>everything feels just fine

how about you, user?

q9450 here and I want to fucking die

Athlon 5350 here
basically a Q6600 but from AMD at 19w

Is it really enough for simple browsing, hd movies and fakebook?

Would 4gb ddr2 be enough?

I am building very budget machine and i have mobo with socket 775

for those things? absolutely

yeah, if you pair with a display adapter style GPU it will be fine for a shitpost box
i wouldnt do it with igp though, since lga 775 stuff doesnt have igp on the die, its on the motherboard and theyre kinda shit

>pushes you out of the way

back the fuck off?

i have some r5 230 fanless gpu, i think it won't bottleneck anything

Do the 771 mod.

i was thinking about that, but i worry my chinese psu won't be able to handle xeons

yeah that'll be fine
honestly anything GT 210 or higher will play 1080p video

Have an old qx9650, it was not that great. 4ghz on air alone was cool thou. Gave it to my mom for her bills and general internet usage.

is this still worth buying?
should i get them before they're nuked?

They don't use more power though

1366 when? Xeon x5670 with 4.5ghz

when i move out of my favela in brazil

q9550 here and I want to die fucking

Is 771 allowed in? Have a precision 690 that's still chugging right along

I'm building a lga775 machine right now as a throw back gaming computer. 4 gigs of ram. 250g hdd. And I'm trying to fix a capacitor on my 8800gtx graphics card and the cpu needs to be reseated because something is faulty with the connection. The processor is a q9650.

My 775 is dying on me. It takes a whole bunch of tries to get past post, and she's getting worse each day. I'm not ready to say goodbye yet. I need more time. Any tips on rejuvenating her? I've checked the caps, but I'm not so sure they're the problem. Once booted everything runs fine.

I feel your pain. Mine does the same thing. It's not the PSU or the ram. I think I've narrowed it down to a problem with the socket on the mobo.

I had similar problems and replaced the psu and bios battery (dual bios) and it was resolved. Might look into it

8 YEARS STILL STRONG BABY

Shit I forgot about checking the cmos battery. I'm gonna try that when I get home.

does anyone here have 945gzm-s2 mobo?

i wonder if it supports xeon cpus? official site says it doesn't but i think it's because of socket 771, which obviously can be bypassed

Celeron G1820, everything works fine, even my gaymens.

Battery has already been replaced, but I could give the PSU a good checkup. The board has already outlived the first PSU, so who knows. Things run great under heavy load though, so I would be surprised if that was it again.

iggy is that you?

I found a q6600 build on the side of the road, POSTed but I didn't have a monitor on hand and it had no RAM. New ddr2 off eBay is installed but it's so full of dust and the case has a ton of holes, so I'm going to clean it out before testing it.

I used a Q9400 since june 2008 until february 2017, it was just painful

Is it ok for facebook machine?

where do you live that you are finding quad cores on the side of the road?

Paris. I assumed it was a P4 because the PSU says Pentium 4 capable, but when I took the CPU out to strip it for gold, it turned out to be a q6600.

just dual boot your cpu

I have a 771 to 775 xeon e5450 mod on my asus p5q over clocked @ 4.2 GHZ on air using a cm hyper 212 slapped with an ssd and have the ultimate Facebook shitposting machine!

No, facebook jabberscripd code is pajeet tier it runs like fucking shit on a stick on fire

>not pairing a core 2 with a GT 1030

i forgot to say i added a gtx 1060 6gb with it

it just got too much.

temperatures, trying to find parts(paying ridiculous $ for DDR2).

Now's never been a better time to upgrade. Even a shitty i3 and 8gb new ram will kick the shit out of it, with less power consumption and more stability.

e8400 here
i went with the dual core instead of the quad way back when.

worst decision of my life.

I will NEVER buy less cores again.

>tfw when i did the same way back in the day
>muh forums saying no gayme use more than one core
>at least i somewhow found money to upgrade to an i5 4570 3 years ago

zozzle

There is little point in buying a Q6600 now, 65nm process means that it's unnecessarily hot, and the price difference to Q9xxx series is minimal.

If your board supports modding the BIOS for Xeons, get some 771->775 converted Xeon from aliexpress (e.g. a L5410 has performance similar to Q6600 at *half* the TDP, and costs like 6 bucks)

Currently running E5472 in P43-DS3L with 6GB DDR2
Favorite game had massive update and I have to close browser to have enough memory to play.

Some time ago I revived P5K3 deluxe with borked BIOS I got from my friend, tested it with 4gb stick and it works with Xeon.
Today 4x2gb sticks came, pretty excited. Shame I can't repurpose said friend's mobo so I could use 16gb.

Can confirm, I can't remember last time I saw my E5472 hit 55C

I have upgraded a couple old machines at work with quad core chink Xeons and 4 gigs of memory and they work just fine for browsing and office work, I don't notice any slowdowns not caused by the HDD. Haven't tried Full HD movies, the machines only have shitty G31 graphics so I'm not sure how well it will work.

Did you have to do anything with bios to support xeons?

My L5410s do hit 55C under full load, but that is with these small shitty coolers designed for Celerons.

still have two Q6600's and an e8400

only one 775 board though, using it with the e8400 as my HTPC

>overclocked to 4.00GHz
Runs like a beaut, OP.

Both of the boards (don't remember the types sadly) started with Xeons just fine with the stock BIOS, but I modded in the Xeon microcode with MMTOOL just in case.

is using mmtool complicated?

It's just the mobo caps going bad.

Used DDR2 is pretty cheap on eBay.

I'm about to build an i5/1030 rig into an usff optiplex case. Anybody got a link for a Pico itx PSU more than 160 watts? I'd like 180-210 if possible.

found it on google thank me later

Get a g4560 it will Change your wife i mean life

this 8 year old boy still run witcher3 above 40 fps

PUBG varies between 30-80 fps on low graphic

shit forgot pic

Core 2 Duo E6700 here, every single component in this PC was found in the garbage, so I decided to make a Windows XP machine out of it. Youtube at 1080p works like a dream, general web browsing is good, gaming is even better.

Do it

You have a high chance of it having the extra 2 cores that can be unlocked in the bios.

Still playing PUBG on my Q6600

Phenom II X2

It sucks. I hate being a corelet.

what gpu and how much fps?

For $38? Are you fucking retarded? That's way too expensive.

>overclocked to 4.20GHz

Nothing personnel, kid.

My Q9550 feels faster than my FX-6300.

dual x5650 still running strong

Honestly looking at one of these, if your not baiting, please tell me what the average amount of power this thing uses

I was forced to upgrade from my e5450 775 socket mod to a 1155 i7 for some vt-d support
50 bucks for the cpu, 30 for the asrock iommu motherboard
ram stuck, gpu stuck, psu stuck

Still using an E2180 here, it's slowing dying, pc restarts randomly, can't handle simple stuff

Recently got a new ryzen 1600 rig but mobo was dead, waiting for a new one :(

was still running an e2200 few years ago, them cpus chug along!