Wait so Americans don't even learn calculus in high school?

Wait so Americans don't even learn calculus in high school?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1CE53xfCEE8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

D-did you?

t. didn't

We do, but some poorer schools don't teach it because it's not required.

What even is calculus? I'm sure i've had it, but not really familiar with the word

We do, but you don't have to take it, most students just take precal

is calculus some codeword for assburgers?

Derivatives, limits, integrals, series etc.

Oh ye that shit

I was never even remotely capable at those. Can I be American now?

differentiation and integration?

When did Texas become independent?

I dont even know what calculus is lol.

I went to Uni.

>learning shit useless to your profession

Fucking retarded lol.

Why do Finns learn memes at school?

youtu.be/1CE53xfCEE8

Calculus is useful for fucking everything

If you don't use it, you didn't study your field rigorously

My stats class had a nurse in it as she said she was required to take it.

At my school you did algebra 1 and 2 then you'd take geometry and trigonometry. If you wanted your senior year you could take calc but it wasn't required.

Training for their social lives in anonymous internet forums, what else.

Because it's useful.

we do

I was jsut dumb and never amde it that high

took me two trig classes to finally get to calc in college

More useful than learning about poetry or history at least

The highest math I did was Algebra and I failed it t b h

I also type dixlexically

>be finn
>be autistic
>get a degree on it

same here. Highest I took was trigonometry because I hate math.

They teach classes in English in Finland?

I took calc one and two but if you were retarded and mexican I think you didn't have to.

Why is he laughing? Aren't those things americans?
Also
>two or three burkas on class
Finland, you lied to me when you said you were resisting.

>banter class

We're training our spies from an early age

In my school, it depended on how highly you placed in mathematics years ago.
The progression was
Algebra I
Algebra II
Geometry
Trigonometry
Calculus
Most students didn't score well enough to have completed algebra before high school, so they never got to the calculus level.

F-fuck you Finland, you memeing cunts

Probably English class. We learn English because you fat fucks are too lazy/dumb to learn Finnish.

>Kings and Queens
>Muslims in the background
>amerimemes
wew, too memical for me

It's not like most people who take that class actually recall anything about it anyway

>at least two burkas in the class
>f-finland isn't cucked

I remember learning that shit, but fuck me if I remember anything about it.

I took Calculus in high school but most people don't because it requires taking math classes early

Lol nerd

This. I took it because I was ahead of my wagecuck classmates

I took calculus III in high school. It just depends on how motivated you are and how much money the school has

Ur mum lmao

It depends on the school system, the kids intelligence and the kids choice. I took pre-calc (basically the beginning) but not the AP calc because my university wasn't going to honour the credits and just make me take the same class again (I'm am Engineer.

8th Grade - Algebra I
9 - Geometry
10 - Algebra II
11 - Precal (includes Trig)
12 - Calc I and II

The local community college accepts whatever textbooks the local high schools are using for Calc III so you can finish Calculus For $500 plus the cost of a book that is a couple of years old (probably $80 unless you buy online).

You didn't have to take Calc to graduate, and you could test out of Precal if you were a retard who couldn't finish it by the end of senior year.

For my high school if you just wanted your math and be done then it was Algebra 1/2 -> Geometry -> Algebra 3/4 -> PreCalc

For honors it was Geometry -> Algebra 3/4 -> Finite Math/Brief Calc -> AP Calc BC -> Calc 4/Diff EQ -> Linear Algebra
After Brief Calc you could also choose to take AP stats as an easy A.

It was fairly typical for people to take algebra in middle school which is why the honors track started at Geometry. Some also took Geometry in middle school which is how they'd reach the Calc 4/Diff EQ. Linear Algebra was one class of 20 asians.

curriculum is set at state level in the US

I didn't

it was available if you wanted to take it

Asian masterrace

>got around 770
That feel when top 1% in math.

(I don't have a math degree or related job)

I got 770

In Poland we have klasa dwujęzyczna (dual-language class) where you study in both English and Polish. For example if you go to mat-geo class you will study math and geography in English.

Coooool.

Is 800 supposed to be the top score in those exams?
Kek if you convert what I did in high school it comes out 427.
Thank fucking Christ for liberal arts, else I wouldn't have come out of high shool (or more like, I'd have actually had to study math).

>a book that is a couple of years old (probably $80 unless you buy online
>be american
>cant' afford a book
>can't photocopy your friend's book
>can't pirate it
>fail collage

>>collage
>be Polish
>fail at life

Wow Poland must be absolutely destitute if the average person can't afford $80.

It's like $25 if you buy online anyway.

I took calculus in the 11th grade, calc 2 in the 12th.

less than 1% of population are muslims.

meanwhile we buy the same books translated to polish for 1/3 of this price.

took alg I in 9th
10th geometry
11th alg II
12th "advanced math"

>Why is he laughing? Aren't those things americans?
They are, but it's a bit exaggerated, and he probably thinks it's funny that Finns learn about The Simpsons in class. It's worth noting that that particular American started his career with a documentary about the dangers of fast food

It's not that, it's that they're picking the most vaguely American things.

They're being very banal about American culture. Learning what the Simpsons are isn't going to make you understand Americans. Shit even if that would somehow help, it wouldn't help in 2016, you would have needed that shit 20 years ago.

You guys got into space yet?

high tier bants tbqh

12th grade I took per-calculus if that counts

9th grade geometry
10th algebra ii
11th algebra ii part 2
12th no maths

i know Pekka, i was just memeing

You can, I did, but only 3 years of high school math was required in my country, and you could pull shit off like:
Basic discrete math
Algebra 1
Geometry or intro stats
as your 3 math courses

County*, fucking autocorrect.

I even took multivariable calculus in high school, though there were only 5 of us in my county

I took two courses of calculus in highschool but I was on the advanced track for science and math. If you were not on the advanced track you took pre calc your senior year

In Germany, we unirconally dont learn about limits, series and matrices in school. Okay, we learnt a bit about limits but it was only like "hurrr just put a large number in da function :-DDDDD"

we do but it's only available for the people who make it to advanced courses.

Don't you like studying for 13 years in school?

its 12 years since a few years now, but yes. But I always had this impression that school schedule was more about humanities. For example we read a lot of old theatre plays, learnt the difference in the layout from an average us city, average south american city, average yuropoorean city and so on.

I didn't even learn geometry.

Which state did you go to school in?

It's because it's too hard to derivate from God's will and integrate those migrants

We have to opportunity in highschool but only smart people take it, I regret not taking it but I learned it at trade school later on, then forgot it all a week later

yes AP calc. shitty school good teacher

Ameriburger lawyer here. JD. LL.M. (equivalent to Ph.D.) in tax law.

Never once did calculus come in handy outside of the classroom experience.

Same with Russia. Only started to learn all this stuff when I went to university.

Btw the guys who don't like Calculus are subhumans. It's a fact.

I had the opportunity to take it in high school but I didn't because I was lazy.

Took a shit load of calc and higher math in college.

I do differential equations shit all the time for work these days.

t. Chemical Engineer

What the fug ? My shitpoor country teaches us 3x3 matrix, trigonometric calculus, and all that mathemathic shit in school. By the way our average school hours is 9 hour a day with minimum of 2 hours for stem subjects errry day

We do in the 11th/12th year but many poorer schools don't because its not required.

To be fair for most people its going to be actually fucking useless unlike other math

Yeah its not that difficult to get close unless you are dumb, I'm not even Asian.

Why did you go to Poland, low cost of living + high pay?

I discovered that you could pirate books too late. Would have saved me a lot of money.
Finding the trackers for pirated books is actually one of the few things Reddit is useful for

In swedish Infinitesimalkalkyl
In danish Infinitesimalregning

never had this as as specified topic either because its a very big word

My school only taught precalc and it was one of 3 in my area to do so. Everyone at the other schools were as dumb as shit.

We do, it is just optional because not everyone is going into a mathematics oriented profession.

For Junior and Senior year in High School, half the students take Calculus, and half take what is known as "Pre-Calculus", which is a general survey of functions. Pretty much all college students learn at least basic Integration and Differentiation, but not all Americans go to college.

t. Hauptschule
Matrizen sind 11. Klasse GK Stoff, selbst in NRW

My high school only went up to pre-calculus in the normal track. There was a good number of students who took math one year ahead of "normal".

Pretty much anyone worth their salt or going into STEM majors took calculus their senior year.
Although I went to a rich mans school. My default school district sucked shit.

I learned calculus in high school.... I thought it was standard in the curriculum here

>implying it's relevant at all to anything you'll do

Freshman: Pre-Calc
Sophomore: AP Calc BC
Junior: AP Statistics
Senior: Calc D multivariable (afterschool course offered by local community college)
Such is life in an 80% Asian-American high school that was ranked as the #10 high school in the nation, and the only public school on that list

>Not in engineering
Why tho?

Rates of change.

Metres = math
Metres per second = calculus