What Features Would You Like in a Web Browser?

Describe your dream browser, Sup Forums

The choice to not be a part of a botnet.

I just want something that can consistently use less than a gigabyte of RAM.

customizable keybinds for everything
lowest memory usage possible
extensions
zero telemetry or opt in telemetry

How would you want extensions to be implemented? Javascript or coffeescript ruin the "lowest memory usage possible" idea. Maybe a browser-specific API that is close to the internals?

easily extendible with a common language
option to have tabs vertically on the left instead of across the top
vim keys able to be enabled with easy to find option, but still functional without them for normal users
lightweight
private browsing
loads of customization
custom stylesheets
compatibility with chrome and firefox extensions (impossible i know, ,OP said DREAM browser)
not botnet
WASM
intuitivie enough to not need any sort of tutorial. i hate telling someone about a browser and watching them decide not to use it purely based on the fact that there is a tutorial

Virtualized javascript like android does

All the netrunner features

honestly I don't know enough about it to have an idea about that, it's just that I don't use half the features provided by most browsers, I'd rather start with something sparse with a shit load of extensions to get just what I need

>barely functional
>anime girls in theme by default
"it's not just a meme it's a REAL BROWSER"

go back to the basement, faggot

A botnet that ddoses Sup Forums so I can stay productive.

>not botnet
>WASM

Wasn't Sup Forums shitting its colective pants over WASM sending malicious binary blobs? That's as botnet as it can get

really? i wasn't aware, i just like the idea of wasm being a lightweight way to ship tons of JS

kys nigger

Tab rows.

Found the chrome shill

The ability to save all extensions/userscripts to the cloud.
Hate having to reinstall all my extensions everytime.

what's wrong with an anime girl by default?
literally the most useful feature

>to the cloud
This is now a botnet thread

What is google captcha.
Sup Forums is already a botnet.

I bet you use either chrome or Edge, literal cancer

Why is that in every browser thread the botnet shills come to shitpost?

We want to kill the botnet not feed it more sould. Get serious you people!

As opposed to wannabe chrome firefox?

We're not all weebs

Stop shilling chrome faggot, is shit, the only thing it has is botnet integration, LITERALLY.

then why are you here

what else should I use?
I use opera btw.

>I use opera
>blink
>same chrome botnet
Nice bait nigger

what a silly idea, the fuck are you doing on my Sup Forums

justanswer the question.

Stop baiting nigger, just use firefox you cuck

eat shit newfag

>cuck
>wannabe chrome firefox
>sjw central
naaah youre the one baiting.

1) will it handle my bullshit without cracking?
2) uses fuckloads of ram or not, will it give back resources once it's done with them, its the main reason i'm on chrome, firefox would not give up resources while chrome would, because ff could not do this, it failed 1 on my list
3) can images be zoomed into natively or through extension without zooming in the whole page?
4) on recovering from a crash, will it put the browser in the same state it was in that caused a crash, or will it start from the beginning?
5) is it possible to recover websites from said crash, or are they lost forever

really these are my main things.
everything else can either be worked around or extensioned to work well.

rendering window and a vim-style command line. no other ui elements.
low level plugin api (in a sane, common language... preferably c with optional python bindings).
modern javascript vm, with the ability to whitelist js execution and directly run functions from the command line (like in ff's dev mode).
native support for script/css/html injection. i'm imagining this basically as builtin greasemonkey, except you also have the option to just edit files directly and maybe "pin" dom elements in the cache so they aren't overwritten on the next refresh.
convenient tools for crafting/editing/blocking http requests on the fly.

i like the uzbl browser's interface, but i dropped it for various ff forks a couple years ago because it wasn't being maintained and i didn't want to worry about security as much.

really lightweight but with a GUI still
sidebar tabs
built-in adblocker and userscript manager but no other extensions to keep it light
free and open source

The ability to go to the next page in a series of pages, just like the HTML 4.01 and HTML5 standards say I should be able to do. Opera 12 can do it. Firefox could do it before the feature was removed.

That's a great album.

Non-botnet Chromium running on Qt5

built in script/element/ad blocking features
Ability to assign cookie profiles to tabs (log into gmail with one account in tab A and log into youtube with another account in tab B without either tab being able to access or see the cookies from the other tab).
ability to use kfilechooser in QT based Linux environments
client side decoration support that utilizes QT window decorator theme
utilizes default QT color scheme but also allows the user to override this with a different QT theme.
don't load embedded video until I switch to the tab
show bookmark toolbar on new tab but not on tabs with a page already loaded
ability to directly edit the page shortcuts on the new tab page
ability to spoof user agent
built in torrent client

Back button. Forwards button. URL bar. adblocker.
that's pretty much it. Right now i use surf, but it feels bloated.
this shit is confusing. frankly it's good practice not to use that anyway and most sites don't.

Extremely modular.
GPU accelerated.
Easy to extend/modify UI and shortcuts.
Fully sandboxed.
Extremely multithreaded.
Multiprocess.
Libplacebo.
umatrix, ublock, httpseverywhere, decentraleyes built in, written in C.
Lcd subpixel aliasing support.

>it's good practice not to use that anyway
What the fuck are you talking about? Do you know what metadata is? What semantic data is? This is incredibly useful both for humans and computers browsing the web. And when browsers used to actually support it, it was even more useful. Why should I have to use and create a visible "next" link when there's something specifically designed to do this in the HTML standard? with rel="next" is specifically meant for this, and it does it well.
>most sites don't
Most of today's sites are poorly designed. So?

button that makes all spooks and merchants disappear

>metadata
bloat
>semantic
spook studies

>bloat
Except it's actually useful, unlike CSS and Javascript. The web is meant to be a web of hypertext documents, full of information easy to access. Metadata does not go against this goal.
Think about it in a programmatic way: if you have a function called nextpage() this metadata lets it work on every webpage in existence that has a next page.