Hey dudes

Hey dudes,

I need to format a macbook and install OSX. I have a USB, I need the dmg or torrent file.

Anyone got any idea?

Thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904
support.apple.com/en-au/HT204904
eastmanreference.com/how-to-write-a-dmg-image-to-a-usb-thumb-drive-with-linux/
thepiratebay.org/torrent/18716045/macOS_10.13_High_Sierra_Bootable_ISO
apple.stackexchange.com/questions/298969/deleted-macos-partitions-and-installed-ubuntu-now-cant-boot-with-dvd-usb-or-i
support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201255
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just use disk utility.

support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

Hold Apple + R on starting the computer

support.apple.com/en-au/HT204904

You don't even need to make a USB (as simple as it is). You can install from net recovery mode.

Boot holding Command (⌘) – Option (⌥) – R

Is this really the fucking state of teens? You really have no clue how to use your macbook do you kid? Maybe your mom shoulda taken it in the ass that night..

It has ubuntu on it, no internet recovery

This both takes ages, and sticks you with the version of OSX that came with the machine, not the latest.

OP: If you have a running mac, download the latest OS installer from the app store, once it's downloaded, cd into the .app file and look for a program called createinstallimage - this will build you a bootable drive to do the reinstall/upgrade.

Im probably older than you. I do, and I could install via the apple store - but I dont have another macbook at my disposal to download the dmg

Thanks 4 da bump

There is a combination of keys that if pressed on startup connects the MacBook to a remote apple recovery server and can install macos

Thats what I'd normally do, but I dont have a running mac outside of this one unfortunately. im torrenting an older sierra version now hoping its legit and works. I did this a few time and it came up corrupt.

Thanks

You wiped the drive completely, including the recovery partitions?

YEP COMPLETELY. Fk

?
If yes it was pretty dumb desu

Your only option then is to, as it has already been said, somehow get the app store high Sierra installer and put it on a usb

Theres gotta be torrents for dis shit no?

I am p dumb

Did you try the internet recovery? It may be in firmware.

Try this: eastmanreference.com/how-to-write-a-dmg-image-to-a-usb-thumb-drive-with-linux/

I need the image first, I can do it via term

Thanks

First he needs a legit DMG

There should, idk where people with hackintosh would get the DMG otherwise

thepiratebay.org/torrent/18716045/macOS_10.13_High_Sierra_Bootable_ISO

trying this

lets hope

Internet recovery should work regardless of whether or not the drive is wiped. The whole point is that it downloads a recovery environment from the internet instead of loading one from your disk

This increasingly sounds like you're building a hackintosh and just fucked it up

Pretty sure this is true, because booting into net recovery is slow as fuck, since it seems to be downloading the whole install environment from the net.

nope, its a legit macbook.

Command + OPtion + R doesnt seem to work on restart it just boots ubuntu

holding alt does start me up into the bootable drive window however...

unsure here boys

What year macbook?

...because on any Mac from the past 5 years at least, that internet recovery should work even if there's no hard drive. You're doing something wrong.

>

Ahh, that explains it.

You're sure that machine can run High Sierraanyway?

cmd opt r opens GNU ubuntu GRUB - this is fkd

Take it to a "genius" at the mac store

>OP didn't "backup" his OS before destroying it
hope you enjoy your lesson Sup Forums

I'm running High Sierra on a 2010 MBP, so his definitely can

My 2010 MBP can also use internet recovery though, so dunno what's up with that.

>Command + OPtion + R
I thought internet recovery was Command+Shift+R

>It'll be 700$ to fix it
>They just replace the hard drive

p sure, ill take sierra or anything OSX related

it came from my work where we wipe these bitches clean because we do data sanitization

lets see maybe im dum as FUKKK

Where do technology illiterate mactoddler subhumans get the false impression that they or their fruity toddler toys are welcome much less belong on a technology board?

Face it, you'd pay it, if you could afford it.

then when you go back to work tomorrow, go download mac os from a different computer.

TA DA!
>not making bootable usb drives of mac os at work
>I hope you're not the IT department

im on a PC right now, far from subhuman I just resell these things. Fk yaself.

pic - what happens when I press cmd opt r or cmd shift r or any of that bullshit

FK

Macs are technology. Deal with it Linux faggots.

>mac
Found your problem.

>linux and windows superiority and they can't figure out how to wipe the hard drive
Top lel

hard drive is easy to wipe, getting a new image on it is different.

I would do this, but we sold all dem shits.

Thanks for the idea tho, I work in Networking, I deal with Cisco and Juniper not fuckin Apple FK

>fruity toddler baby toys for brain dead technophobes
>technology

Pick one.

cmd+T at reboot

Is this you?
apple.stackexchange.com/questions/298969/deleted-macos-partitions-and-installed-ubuntu-now-cant-boot-with-dvd-usb-or-i

Literally debating software - but talking like the hardware changes.

Pls g0AWAY

>Thanks for the idea tho, I work in Networking, I deal with Cisco and Juniper not fuckin Apple FK

find a new job before they find out that you are a fraud

go ahead and wipe it then bitch

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... still one month and can't figure it out... holy shit my sides....
>muh linux, muh windows
stop... please stop... i'm going to piss my pants

>mactoddler telling people on a tech board to go away

Back to /r/applel cocksucker.

Can you not run VM of Mac OS in ubuntu?!

>apple.stackexchange.com/questions/298969/deleted-macos-partitions-and-installed-ubuntu-now-cant-boot-with-dvd-usb-or-i

negative

don't lie. It is you

I think this might be the option I take on next.

drives wiped. lets see what goes down with ths torrent

it isnt, I just wiped ubuntu off this bitch.

when did Sup Forums become a cesspool

when you fags talk shit about Macs, but then you can't handle simple hardware/software issues.
>tfw Sup Forums has no problem solving skills

>simple

Literally find me an image of MacOSX that works, then I will say you're correct and I was dumb.

I can do everything, I just need a clean OSX install.

Install Gentoo or gtfo.

Hi winjeet, still saving for your first last, last, last gen Mac Mini?

Seriously you are just fucking up the button combo to get into the net installer somehow. Keep trying it.

Not only should the OS install be able to load completely over the internet with no disk, but you can do the same with hardware diagnostics apparently: support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201255

Does Option-D work at startup?

hey OP here i am a gay faggot look at me

option+command+r works even if you wipe your hard drive completely for ubuntu

OP confirmed for faggot

The issue he might be having (likely not) is that a Macbook that old, it might not originally have come with network recovery, and it normally would have been added with an OS(firmware) update later, but if it has had only Ubuntu on it for years and no OSX to update the firmware...