Talk me out of it Sup Forums

Talk me out of it Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

thegarage.jalopnik.com/suede-is-a-garbage-material-for-car-interiors-1733409981
youtube.com/watch?v=xAI6yIZI3rg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This idiot wants an overpriced tablet with a keyboard as a laptop. What a fuckin retard

Buy 2

Get two

They're $1000, for 4GB ram and 128GB eMMC disk drive, not even an SSD.
The alcantara material turns into a dry gritty vinyl texture after 4 months of use, this stuff is already used in steering wheels and interior trim of high end cars, and it's often priced at the same price as real leather, it's a total fucking scam.
You also can't run software not from the window store or use command line applications unless you splurge another $100 for Windows 10 Pro, the fact that this is free until the end of the year is NOT a pro.

Hold my beer

You can get an X1 Carbon instead

Don't get it if you ever want to repair or upgrade it.

You literally have to cut/tear the cloth cover that is glued together to get to the internals.

Know all that shit that accumulates on the edge of your keyboard after using it for a while? Imagine it worked into fabric.

thegarage.jalopnik.com/suede-is-a-garbage-material-for-car-interiors-1733409981
(alcantara is discussed halfway down)

Totally unrepairable, welded shut.

Raven Ridge laptops coming in 1 month

You're saying I cant load a bootlegged version of Windows 7/8, and then use the free Windows 10 upgrade to license it for Win10 Pro? Or just installed LTS?
I am also considering the new Pixel
Irreverent to me.

I dont care about performance. I want a sleek, nice laptop.

This thing is beautiful imo. Looks amazing, screen is awesome, keyboard feels great.

Money is not really an issue. I want a good looking laptop without the BS. 8GB model isnt that expensive.

What are you talking about. You get a free windows 10 pro upgrade on that laptop valid till the end of March next year.

>I don't care about performance
Kys

ok, whatever then. I can also install whatever OS i want on it, so that's not an issue. again. money is not an issue, i am not a poor fag.

this is all about a e s t h e t i c s

buy one, I would.

said the thinkpad owner

>Less than 8gigs of ram in 2017

Computers are for doing things, if you don't care about performance then you can't even think of a use case which begs the question why get the computer. This whole thing is a shit post complete with financial posturing.

if you want an anorexically thin ultrabook, just get a lenovo carbon x1, i have a core i7 4600u, its fucking ridiculously thin and powerful (for its size), it runs fallout 4 on the lowest settings and its playable.

The speakers sounds bredy loud too!

fuck, im impressed lenovo cameup with this underdog ultrabook... but what impresses me the most is how fucking easy it is to repair or take apart one of these, despite their thiness.

no glue at all, and all the parts can be replaced as long as they are not part of the PCB.

if you still want to buy that dispossable piece of microshit, go fuck your self user.

i mean fo realz, no one should talk you out of buying a piece of disposable microshit, you are not a fucking child dipshit.

i realy dont understand the carpet thingy

It's a meme PC at a gross price that you can't open up without literally destroying its cover. Plus it looks about as impossible to clean as it gets, touch it once with dirty hands and it will stay dirty.

My god dude, for that price grab 2017 HP Spectre x360, Ars dubbed it THE laptop to beat and it feels fucking lovely.

Jesus Christ faggot just get the most expensive Dell XPS13 or 15. better looks, better screen, better hardware

I have the latest XPS 15, and the rubberized carbon fiber (or faux carbon fiber) palm rest around the keyboard sucks. It collects so much grease from your hands. I've never had a laptop do that until now. You have to wipe it a ton, and it looks like shit no matter what. You can't get it out.

this. buying a new laptop now is pants on head retarded.

Youre fucking disgusting; I have had my xps 13 for half a year now and literally have 0 issues with 'grease'

Doesn't have the stylus

Pre-owned thinkpad will perform just as well in productivity. Also not botnet or $1000.

Doesn't have the same battery life, portability, stylus, screen quality etc

>X250(~2 years old since release, but not 2 years usage)
>300 euro

Have. fun.
youtube.com/watch?v=xAI6yIZI3rg

HP Spectre.
>15" 4K glass touch screen
>SSD on NVME interface literally 6 times faster than SATA
>Covertible
>Stylus
>Top tier battery
>I7
>NVIDIA mobile GPU
>$1400
Anything else would be retarded desu

>HP
oops, it's garbage

Oh, then, by all means, do buy it.
Juat never come back to post here.

Citation needed, nigger.
Easily the best laptop I've ever used. Only thing that came close before that was my 15" retina MBP work computer

Is this your first HP laptop?

I had a DV series that literally started on fire. The ribbon cable attaching the keyboard to the motherboard somehow singed and burned halfway away, starting at the grounding pin (it was a flat ribbon cable, obviously)

I'm also just realizing this happened seven years ago

Just buy a thinkpad yoga, a Dell xps 13 or a MacBook. This is not worth the money at all. Always go inspect things and handle them physically before making a purchase decision.

Also the price is way to high for a glorified tablet. It would need to fit your use case exactly to be worth the money.

>Always go inspect things and handle them physically before making a purchase decision.
Shut up grandpa, fuck off

I just walked in. Why is everyone in this thread so angry?

>chromeos
Into the trash it goes.

Buy a surface pro Instead

Found a scratched up X1 carbon at a pawn shop for 150, should I?

Looks like it's a 4200u 4gb 128gb model.

whatever dude

Wow rude.

i'm gonna hit ya in the lip

pls no bully

>I had a DV series
No one gives a fuck about poverty tier shit you owned. Who the fuck would expect that buying cheapest consumer tier garbage around would get you cheapest consumer tier garbage.
Have you ever owned elitebook? Those things outlast thinkpads in build quality. We used those at one of my jobs and they just lasted and were usually replaced purely because users didn't like the idea of owning old laptops (and ones without fruit logo).
HP is a big manufacturer and makes wide range of devices, some made for poorfags like you, some made for businesses, and some for in between. If apple was making few hundred dollar laptops I can fucking guarantee you they would be no less shit than Pavilions used to. Or even worse considering their fruit markup.
I have no attachment to HP as brand (in fact I have 0 attachment to any brand) but I fucking hate tech illiterate morons like you on my board.
Fuck off back to your containment site that starts with "r" and ends with "t". Also nice spacing.

>4200u

If that's the second generation x1 with the buttonless TouchPad and shitty "touchbar" at the top, avoid it at all costs. You couldn't pay me $150 to keep it.

surface
book

4gb is too limited today, unless it has good battery life and is thin enough

No need to fit in this hard.

> thinking aesthetics are the objections
Nobody denies its a pretty machine, designed to look expensive and exclusive to sell to retards like you.
But the only people who know it's expensive are people who care about tech. These days literally everyone's nan has an ipad and no normie gives a half a fuck about different laptop / tablets. Noone you meet would be impressed by this.
Those who know it's expensive, by necessity, also know it's overpriced. The effect will be you look tech illiterate and nouveau riche.

why not three? or four? maybe five, yeh five would be sufficient.

Wait until a raven ridge version

>I can't even imagine how dirty all those laptops will be in months
makes me cringe so hard

>HURRR YOU DON'T WANNA RUN 5 VMS OF INSTALLING GENTOO
>KYS FEGGIT
I want Sup Forums to go home
Just because you watched two episodes of Linus tech tips doesn't make you belong here

>I want to program on a x86 system
>I want to have a full fledged desktop operating system with good multitasking
>I want a proper keyboard that in a complete package
>I want a lightweight machine where I can run all of my x86 programs
Why does some of Sup Forums think the only laptops worth getting are either full blown workstations and gaymen laptops or trash tier arm tablets with keyboards

That's not the fucking point, you faggot. Sup Forums has a very form-over-function mentality and looking at that piece of shit from that perspective, it's a terrible deal. For that amount of money, you should be getting something that performs better.

>form-over-function
I meant function-over-form

We all know a middle-ground exists but that middle-ground isn't supposed to be "fashion accessory", you fucking retard.

no you can't, the bios doesn't support it

It's very nice, feels great honestly

Has the same battery life
Get a x2XX if you want portability
>stylus
Oh come on now
>screen quality
HD IPSs exist for them

I've been thinking about this, it's very nice, but the tablet function is useless to me

>buy that
>spill a drop of beverage on it
>stain will stay forever

Nice choice OP

>Rejecting anything that ships with Gentoo preinstalled

>wanting moquette on your palmrest

>Drinking anywhere near expensive equipment.

>own clothing
>spill a drop of never on it
>stain will stay forever

????

And u?

what year did you get? old 1600x900 model is super cheap on eBay so I'm hoping that one is good

>1.5GB/s Read, 1.2GB/s Write
>eMMC
Fuck off retard. They use a full PCI-E SSD from Samsung.

>samshit

>
I want a Pixelbook really bad, but I need all the Adobe creative apps for work, and I don't think ChromeOS can run those.

>Talk me out of it Sup Forums
Cannot be fixed

Your hands will stain it with sweat and oil. It is going to be amusing when people try to sell these with sweaty palm rests and "mysterious stains"