Technology you haven't seen or used in a year

pic extremely related

>in a year
haven't touched a disc since like 2007.

except xbox games.

a thread died for this

>haven't used this since 10 years
>except I did, I just a pretentious faggot

I've never had photons bounce off a Blueray disk and go through at least one of my pupils with me being aware that I was close to one.
I'm pretty surprised by that. I did use DVDs quite a bit. They were just too late to begin with that format. I didn't stand the ridiculously low storage capacity by the end.

Still use lots of CDs and DVDs at work.

Haven't seen a BRD in the wild for a while though.

A post number died for THAT

Why are the CD and Blue Ray discs mini discs while the DVD is full size?

Have you guys ever stopped and pondered what you're doing with your life? Like fully reevaluate your life choices that led you to this point?
You buy cheap mousepads with your favorite memes and anime girls on them.
That's sad. And not the kind of sad that makes you think of a young girl with cancer. I mean the kind of sad that makes you feel an amalgamation of pity, shame, and disgust.
You put memes on a piece of rubber so you can move your mouse over it.
I want you to really think about it. You may take me for sarcastic. I understand Poe's Law is a bitch. But I really do feel pity for you. Like actual legitimate pity.
You need help. The kind only some professionals can give. The kind that can show you the light.
Look at yourself in the mirror. Is this who you want to be? Is this who you thought you would be when you would grow up? Is this person someone who could make their younger self proud? Parents? Grandparents? Siblings? Are they proud of what you are right now?
You put memes on mousepads.
Memes
On Mousepads

Also, Blue Ray and not Blu Ray? Who did this shit?

I don't cry often. I've only cried maybe twice in my whole life.
But seeing you guys. Putting memes on mousepads. I well up. I can feel the tears forming. My eyelashes are the nucleation sites. I have a profound sadness for each and every one of you.
At your funeral. When you're gone. Do you think your parents would still respect you? Knowing you put internet memes on your mousepads?
I want you to think of the saddest sentence in the English language. Got it? I don't think you've found it. The saddest sentence; the one that makes a grown man cry; the one that girls weep at uncontrollably; the one that even starving African children hang their heads for: "I put memes on mousepads".
Stop what you're doing.
Let go of the mouse.
Don't even think about typing on your keyboard.
You can change right now.
I believe in you, I really do.
I don't think you're too far gone for saving.
The first step down this long journey…
Simply tell yourself "I will not put memes on a mousepad".
Get a job. Find a girl to wed. Have children. Grow old knowing you did something with your life. But to be completely honest with you. Honest with ever single one of you. You are getting nowhere putting memes on mousepads.
Believe you me, mousepads aren't the problem. If you want a cheap mouse, Godspeed. You deserve a pad to place your mouse on. But to be so sad and unfulfilled in your life as to put internet memes on them? Is it really worth it? Is it worth the 99 cents? Answer that for me.
Is your dignity and the respect of others really worth putting a goofy meme on a mousepad? One that you won't even laugh at.
You'll simply purchase it, wait for it in the mail, take a picture, and show it off to your internet friends who might smirk that you put a meme on a mousepad because they are knowledgeable of said meme.
Put a picture of your family; a monument; your favorite band, movie, or art piece. A rising sun. Flowers. Graffiti for you artsy types.

But what on God's green earth would posses you to put a meme on a mousepad?
I get it, we all go through tough times. I'm sure at one point in my life, I would've considered putting memes on a mousepad.
But I've pulled myself out of that rut. I have respect for myself. My self-esteem is higher than ever right now.
You can be that way too. There's no reason you can't be happier. Just stop putting memes on mousepads.
"Memes on a mousepad".
That is a sad, sad fucking sentiment.

>Blue Ray

Is this pasta from artsc 0w threads?

Hearing the difference now isn't the reason to encode to FLAC. FLAC uses lossless compression, while MP3 is 'lossy'. What this means is that for each year the MP3 sits on your hard drive, it will lose roughly 12kbps, assuming you have SATA - it's about 15kbps on IDE, but only 7kbps on SCSI, due to rotational velocity density. You don't want to know how much worse it is on CD-ROM or other optical media.

I started collecting MP3s in about 2001, and if I try to play any of the tracks I downloaded back then, even the stuff I grabbed at 320kbps, they just sound like crap. The bass is terrible, the midrange...well don't get me started. Some of those albums have degraded down to 32 or even 16kbps. FLAC rips from the same period still sound great, even if they weren't stored correctly, in a cool, dry place. Seriously, stick to FLAC, you may not be able to hear the difference now, but in a year or two, you'll be glad you did.

Laserdisc-RW
Those business card discs
PS/2 anything
DVD-RAM
ISA socket (though I'd like to see more)

>compact disc-disc
>digital versatile disc-disc
>blue ray

A (You) was born for both

Rip

Still wrong it’s Blu-ray.

I still see CD-R's regularly for music and linux boot discs.

The last time I actually, literally had a need for a CD was around 2014 I think?

Currently rying to repair an old hp pavilion and its like operating on a 300 year old man

Fuck off with this shit.