Coffee Break

How does Sup Forums feel about Keurig brewers?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.it/CAFFETTIERA-tradizionale-NAPOLETANA-ALLUMINIO-tz/dp/B008OW7572/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1509139751&sr=8-1&keywords=moka napoletana
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the urine I expel after visiting the local hipster café every morning is tastier and more potent than that swill

>unironically attempted to make a coffee maker with DRM

Got one as a wedding gift, and use it solely to piss out hot water for tea or soup.
Too bad it sounds like a lawnmower since it uses the world's shittiest pump, but otherwise no complaints

Fuck a Keurig. Get a Ninja.

good for making a coffee in morning without leaving my bed
You wish you were this comfy

>father birthday
>google coffe maker recommendation
>bonavita seems decent
its fucking basic coffee maker for tripple price and the fucks could not even design it well
after coffee is made you are suppose to screw on a top and then pour
you cant just pour it
one would assume that since they are want you screwing on shit it will be thermos kind of pot, you screw it on and leave it for half a day so people can pour..
yeah no, coffee is cold in 15 minutes if you dont pour it in

fuck italians

Got one for free. It makes shitty coffee.

I got a $300 model for free because I used to work at Keurig.

Don't know how it is because I don't drink Coffee. It just sits in the kitchen as decoration.

Just use an aeropress or a french press.

Just get an electric kettle and a french press you lazy fucking retards

ITT: 'murricans and their shitty coffee.

Tea is for pussies. Which makes sense that Europeans like it so much.

Stupid american. That's not a teapot

>tea

It's like buying an iphone and you have to buy a different donglewhen you want to plug your earphones.
Never before such obvious robbing made people that happy.

>Tea

What's a decent brand of coffee?

Cups are made of cheap plastic that shoot hot water into them. I dont like drinking micro plastic bits

you can use any coffee you like
it comes with an adapter

nice conspiracy theory
prove plastic ends up in the coffee

>Proprietary coffee

They are made from a combination of undisclosed plastics, some of which contain bpa. No one knows how save these combinations of plastic are when heating and cobsumed from. If you are a soy boy who doesnt care about his body then drink up, it's your life. I dont drink anything from plastic unless it is at least bpa free.

Wait wait, you drink coffee and yet you care about your body?

>think coffee is unhealthy
>thinks drinking from plastic is healthy
You should read more

Caveman Coffee is really good.

Its a stovetop espresso maker.

I don't drink coffee.

I don't want to be one of those insufferable twats that get all moody and generally shitty until they get their next fix of coffee or, less commonly, tea.

Get some monsooned malabar.

Do yourself a favor and get yourself one like pic related.

>trying to mock european with stupid stereotypes
>ending up confirming sterotypes about americucks' stupidity

>tea

sorry, I don't like the taste of DRM in my coffee

this is assuming you're kind enough to dignify the packetized vomit that are keurig cups with the label "coffee"

Kimbo or Lavazza

That's a weird ass italian press. I like the basic design better.

I've tried some Lavazza before. Its pretty alright.

I have an idea for even stronger DRM
Considering to patent it, if someone else didn't already

It's the "napoletana", the number 1 press in the world imho, and the one you commonly find in Naples. Pic related instead is a more generic model you find in all Italy, and the one the murican fatass mistaken for a teapot.

I own an espresso machine, a cezve, a french press, a bialetti clone and a porcelain drip coffee filter holder. My wife wants to buy a chemex next (send help, going bankrupt at this rate)
My favourite method is the espresso machine. I wouldn't enjoy a fully automatic coffee maker like Keurig, not only do you not have control, they also tend to get mouldy inside.
Monsooned Malabar or dry Yrgacheffe! I recently found out that our coffee prices here in Germany (supermarkets sell 1kg for ~7-8€) are unusually low, and as a consequence we have only shitty coffee - "good" coffee from specialty stores starts at 20€.

Thanks

Don't you turn around and say "H-haha, I was merely pretending! Thanks for the easy (you)s!".

That weird design actually allows vapor to flow a lot better and gives a more refined flavor to coffee.

french pressers taste better. it's sad that most americans don't get the entire concept of french press. I've seen so many people just leave their grounds in their coffee the entire day. plus other things, but it's the best tasting coffee brew possible. Drip is just too bitter for my taste.

Instant coffee is underrated just because most people never tried a decent one.

Freeze dried coffee is unironically fantastic. The smell is super strong, it always smells so sweet and fantastic even without any sweetener in it. Unsweetened tasters choice with some melted bitter dark chocolate is one of my favorite guilty pleasures.

shit

French press master race 4 lyf BROTHER

It's also a very efficient way to produce coffee. Instant coffee is extracted at ~400 Kelvin and high pressure. Most of the coffee bean gets used that way. Great if you care about your impact on the environment.
In terms of efficiency:
Instant > Espresso > Mocca > French Press > Drip

"Unlike a moka express, a napoletana does not use the pressure of steam to force the water through the coffee, relying instead on gravity." (wikipedia)
sounds interesting! and the design is nice. All the units I found so far are prohibitively expensive, though :(

>tea
>muh europeans are pussies
Ameritard spotted.

Bialetti best moka.

I really like Illy, but I live where its produced so I may be a bit biased.
Also Vergnano and PrimAroma are pretty good.

Don't know if it ship internationally, but on Amazon.it they are at less than 20€
e.g. amazon.it/CAFFETTIERA-tradizionale-NAPOLETANA-ALLUMINIO-tz/dp/B008OW7572/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1509139751&sr=8-1&keywords=moka napoletana

shipping from US to Italy it's prohibitive, but I think americans shouldn't have much problems in doing the opposite as it's EU to apply customs I think?

Same if you're not american

It's always inferior to perc or instant. Instant's easier and still better that keurig, so just load some instant and put the hot water button on the Göring.

It's absolutely always inferior to perc or instant. All the unflavored varieties taste exactly the same: like the bottom of a perc pot that's been sitting for hours, then watered down. It's bland and lacking all nuance! Instant's easier too, so just load some instant in your mug and hit the hot water button on the Göring.

yes I love heating up pre-measured dirt mix in a little plastic carcinogenic cup.
>Boiling water and plastic don't mix.
>The water doesn't heat up hot enough for a proper brew. And if it did, you'd only end up with more tiny plastic particles slowly killing you.
>Everyone has different preferences for how strong they like it, i.e. how much coffee they add. Pre-measured cuplets reduce the user's freedom, by choosing for them not only how much coffee they're allowed to brew, but the grind consistency as well.
If you're not willing to put more effort than pushing a button into your coffee or tea, then just kys because you're a weak minded cattle ruining life for the rest of us and don't deserve such tasty beverages.

>be me
>trying to insult Europeans
>oh wait, no I'm not, my GDP is $18 trillion
Meh, not worth the effort

Ugh just get an expresso maker and a coffee grain grinder or one that does both.

The piss you call coffee offends me.

They're not but not for me to be honest.

>Keurig

I seriously hope none of you do this.

I know Sup Forums is full of absolute faggots and I understand that as such most of you don't give a fuck about how you consume caffeine to code or whatever

BUT if any of you actually believe that (((keurig))) is anything more than a means to convert your stupidity about coffee into money then please fuck off and never act like you know a damn thing about coffee on the internet.

If you work from home then make some fucking automatic drip you poor piece of shit.

If you work at an office then take the free coffee they give you or get an espresso from a nearby cafe you piece of shit.

t. coffeefag

How does a Keurig have DRM? They can't even connect to the Internet.
>Inb4 shill

>drip
lol

Scanner that rejected any packages without proper markings, built into the firmware.

might as well just drink cum out of a large jug at that point

It has DRM in the same fashion as printer cartridges

I wish to know more user

I use a gaggia classic and a Mazzer Super Jolly grinder.

DRM doesn't require Internet
See: Blu-Ray

Sure it's cracked after a while but as long as the majority of users don't use cracks, you're making a profit

Kek, Europeans really are this dumb. Enjoy your weak ass stove "coffee", pussies. It might as well be tea tb h pham.

>30g of espresso from 17g coffee

Yeah weak as shit

It probably shouldn't be called DRM but good ol' vendor-lock-in.
The cartridge razor makers have been doing that shit for decades by now (physical blade-to-handle connector differing from vendor to vendor). Of course it's not so bad with only a razor but it's basically the same idea.

>pretends to be a coffee fag
>suggests drinking drip coffee

I guess the fact that the firmware in the machine is enforcing the restriction qualifies it as DRM but I see where you're coming from

Some people genuinely don't know what a difference it makes. Even cheap Maxwell house econo tins of mystery grind coffee taste completely different when you put them in a french press compared to a standard counter top coffee maker.

>switched from shitty razor cartridges to double edge razor 5 years ago
>setup cost was ~$60
>haven't spent a dime on razors since then

get fucked, gilette

fellas?

I've tried this before, and its pretty good if you do it right. The secret to making a good cup is the temperature of the water. You don't want to have it too hot otherwise the flavor turns super bitter and harsh. Also in my experience your typical filters will still let some fine grind sludge through, and that'll end up in the bottom of your cup. Not a big deal but some people think its gross.

A paper filter doesn't let any grinds through unless it breaks. This is more of a problem with french presses.

The cheap ones I had in my cupboard sure did.

Yes they do. That's why people use chemex filters.

I've never had this happen, even with the cheapest trash-tier generic paper filters. The only time I've end up with grounds in my coffee is when the seam broke.

If you don't make coffee from one of these and don't drink it black, you're either a woman or are gay

are siphon coffee brewers any good?

We just don't care.

I have one, no not really. They're very fussy and delicate, and cleanup is horrific. Excellent for loose leaf tea though.

TIPPY
I
P
P
Y

>all these shitty coffee makers
>not one mention of the only acceptable one

Holy shit, Sup Forums I thought you guys had better taste.

I'm thinking about this one. Any opinion on it?

Why do you want to cuck yourself into buying little plastic cups?

oh darn. guess il just stick to my keurig. I don't have time to clean up my coffee machine every morning. I do love the look of them though.

I think they are the same thing, except that one is just made by different manufacturer. I don't really see much of a difference.

Nespresso pods are the shit, they actually taste like gourmet coffee.

cause they're lazy numale niggers

>Nespresso pods are the shit, they actually taste like gourmet coffee.
good one

It's a botnet

That water container looks very convenient to fill up, if a little bit small. I have a Espressi and it's a pain in the ass because it sits at the back and is really fiddly to take out.

What's the best cups to start with?

I happened to find one for about 4 dollars which is why I have it - what's missing in that scene is the part where you need to carefully handle hot glass and scoop spent coffee out of the top then wash it manually

Are you kidding me?
Because it's convenient?
Because it has the best range of high quality grounded coffee?
Because it makes a perfect cup with nice thick layer of froth everytime?

You know you can still use your favourite coffee beans, grind them and put them into these pods and it will make a perfect cup for you.

Centrifuge technology is actually revolutionary in making coffee taste good again.

Here is how to defeat Keurig DRM.
Cut out the green circle and put it on another.

no, you're just a poor pleb.

LMAO clearly you don't know shit about coffee, I bet you think Starbucks is good.

Depends what you want, I like the intensio series, it's the strongest one, but its necessary for me to start my day strong and continue making MONEY. Unlike most of these poor fucks.

>Depends what you want, I like the intensio series, it's the strongest one, but its necessary for me to start my day strong and continue making MONEY. Unlike most of these poor fucks.
Shit I've been had

There's a bigger model of this which provides the solution to that problem.

Tbh, I put in fresh water that's enough to make me a cup every time. I don't like leaving water out even if its in a container like that.