jupiter-ace.co.uk/hardware_diy_ace.html
youtube.com/watch?v=pm33KB2Th9M
ps2linux.no-ip.info/playstation2-linux.com/sog.html
youtu.be/sQnhegh__s4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

thats fucking disgusting

naw bby thats just how I like it

cheap hard and plastic

Nice, I really want one of them, but I guess, I'll have to make to with putting forth on an arduino.

how do you blank post?

hadn't seen it in years and now it's making a comeback

Blue background board asshole!

/circlejerk/

this is what /vr/ says before they don't look at the picture

every one of these threads is just the same 5-10 pics and posts over and over again because it's all in the past and nothing changed

Yeah. But I'm enough of a dork I still think it's funny.

I've got a pic related (not mine), but no disk for it. I m going to try and build one of the audio jack to take drive interfaces for it this weekend. This is my best bet:. zimmers.net/anonftp/pub/cbm/documents/projects/interfaces/soundcard2tape.html

shiet this was my family's first PC

>liking retro

Let's clean this up.

Meeting room @ my workplace, the computers are mine.

There. Much better!

Sterile and depressing.

I feel like cumming with this picture. More.

Post the animated version

Are there any good pre-1999 flat panels that support SOG?

This little shitheap wouldn't pick up an image. I'm thinking of looking for an Eizo panel but I don't know if they'd do that much better.

This is so fucking comfy looking

I just got a Focus FK-2001 mechanical keyboard (with ALPS SKCM White switches) today for $1.00. The keyboard needs cleaning, though.

Here's a free (You).

jupiter-ace.co.uk/hardware_diy_ace.html

Build your very own!

You're a fucking tool

this but unironically
hipsters need to get the fuck out of /retro/

I remember that, all the other machines at the time has BASIC as their language and this had Forth.

Is this, dare I say it, /our computer/?

Why desu?

That looks abhorrent

>muh looks
Learn what it is before you judge :^)

Anyone got any thoughts on on pic related RTTY transceiver? This is what happens when I power it up. I thought maybe the video ROM had shit an echidna but image remains completely static, which in my mind implies that it's not even being fed dynamic data, its all just frozen on boot.

I have reseated all socketed chips and cable headers and verified the 5V and 12V rails are getting everywhere they're supposed to be but I don't know where to go from here, and there is fuck all info about this unit on the Internets. Thoughts?

found a startac with a passcode when i was a kid

literally typed in every number between 0000 and 9999

unlocked at 1212 felt like such a hacker boss

was this real ?

hnnngg

Kek, you don't actually think anyone on this board has any fucking clue what you're asking, do you? Where do you think you are son? This is Sup Forums - advertisement.

Give it back Jamal.

90s sony PC's were so aesthetic

amstrad was the xiaomi of 1980s

If he was asking questions about a UNIX workstation I could help, but I know nothing about terminals. There is some technical know-how on this board.

>bodge wires in a transparent case

what did nintendo mean by this

youtube.com/watch?v=pm33KB2Th9M
At least these are more trustworthy than the Amazon Echo and Google home.

This is a problem?
Why are you here? I enjoy it.

Kind want that automation system, but I'd be afraid my house would burn down/ wear out my retro computers/ waste too much electricity

Watch the video, you only have to configure it with a computer, after that it's automatic and you can use the switches on the control unit.
I'm sure it would work without problems with a USB serial adapter and DOSBox also.

I dislike it's over power lines though. You could probably wire up a better system with a Pi and Arduinos, or even modify the X10 to use RF or WiFi.

I watched it 2 hours ago

Thats true about the control switch, but I mean it makes it way less cool using that

It freezes because the code is corrupt. Freeze the CPU on any old machine, it won't give fuck about dynamic data (keypresses, etc) anymore.
Most likely it's the ROM but could also be a bad RAM chip.

I'd suggest getting a few RAM chips and trying to piggyback them on the old ones to see if it could be the RAM, though it's not a definitive test.
I guess finding the original ROM would be quite a challenge, but burning a new ROM chip would be something to try.

I've run into garbage screens before, but for me it was always the RAM.

>/our computer/
Being a FPGA machine with cores you can flash on the go, it's pretty close.
Nice if you want to enjoy a old games and don't have the space for several machines.

ps2linux.no-ip.info/playstation2-linux.com/sog.html

Very nice, under no disk do you mean no disks with content or no disk drive?
The 2040, 3040 and 4040 can read (but not write) standard VIC-20 and C64 floppies written with the 1540 and 1541.

Loading from tape from your phone, etc is a good idea too though, good luck!

>jpg

Yeah, I'd probably use a old DOS laptop next to the control unit on a table somewhere to configure the things when needed, won't take much power and could just put the thing to sleep when not needed.

This is where I work.

This is where I have fun.

>This

guts thread?

>fragile
>warranty void if shocks exceed 25G's

I'm not sure you could even throw it that fast if you tried. That's like, "hit it with a truck" kind of acceleration.

The should have just said
>Warranty void if launched into space.

I just enjoy the fact it can withstand 24G.

Pic unrelated, but related, my wall-o-shit, freshly bleached and waiting for a shipment of 2/3/486 components from an interstate seller so I can fill 'em up

How do they know if it has exceeded 25G's?
I wonder if it has some apparatus inside it that brakes at exactly 25G's or if the damage from exceeding that is obvious to the drive.

>so I can fill 'em up
You don't need components for that...

25Gs is trivial to exceed by dropping it onto a concrete floor.

>I wonder if it has some apparatus inside it that brakes at exactly 25G's
Not sure if it's actually the case, but it wouldn't be strange to see. Phones are full of stickers that turn in color if subject to moisture for the same reason.

I believe, inside the chassis, they have a glass filament with a small weight on it that shatters when exposed to that level of force. I may be making this up completely, but I seem to recall reading about it in a magazine years ago. Head shaped dents in the platters would also be a decent indicator I guess..

>Phones are full of stickers that turn in color if subject to moisture for the same reason.
That's what I was thinking.
This is also not cheap equipment for the time.

I was thinking of glass too, maybe I've heard about it somewhere too.

I tried googling it but its all fucked up with results for g-shock watches. Someone might be able to confirm/deny.

user, I have just finished bleaching them. I'd rather not need to do it again

What could have been

> no screen
Nice to see they have been courageous throughout their entire career tho.

Landlines didn't have screens either for a long time.
If you're not texting and your fingers aren't the size of coca-cola cans then it's totally unnecessary

Yeah, after I posted I saw the "oper" button, I assumed it was a flip cell phone at first. Standing down.

That's really nice though, care to share more?
What's the first things you're going to do?

>Kek, you don't actually think anyone on this board has any fucking clue what you're asking, do you?
>i have no clue what he just asked
>that makes me feel stupid and angry
>better make some pointless post about how everyone else is stupid, too, so i feel less alone and retarded

Like pottery.

Replying to obvious bait ain't helping the thread either though.
Not that this dumb post pointing it out does.

>i was only pretending
lel

I'm not him though, no bully.

I know exactly what he's talking about, I am just unfamiliar with non-Z80 machines. So instead of posting a bunch of useless shit about logic probing around in architecture I am unfamiliar with (apart from the basics, check rails, reseat chips etc, which the is all over), I thought I would take the time to point out what this board is. Go and have a look at the front page in case you have forgotten. You gunna go take a piss on the UNIX guy who replied as well? Or maybe it is in fact you who is projecting your anger at knowing nothing beyond your itoys and java script? No user, you are the cancer. Get a helmet or fuck off somewhere "safe".

I believe you user.

That was one of 9 posts I have made ITT so far. You literally have no idea who is saying what, nor what they know, nor what they are contributing. Off your high horse faggot.

Sure. May as well start with my old RTTY terminal (despite the fact I "have no idea" what that other guy is talking about) a modified 4016. My only regret is cutting holes in the thing, but macros are handy when your other option is a morse key.

As to these, I plan on building a machine from each chipset era, I have 8088's covered, now to build these. With the parts are coming a few more cases, plan is a "stock" machine of the era and a "performance" machine of the era. I got the idea when a mate's (teacher) school had a "where the fuck did these computer things come from anyway" kind of day, he asked me to lug some shit in to demo. it was a blast watching the kids freak out over FDD noise, and terrifying watching them ignore the keyboard and try to use a CRT like a touchscreen. My favourite was explaining to the kids that the 20MB HDD I bought in would only hold 3-4 MP3 files, and that we would need 1600 of them to match the capacity of a 32GB smartphone.

Nice, I remember this one!
Seen the macros before, was it dual ROM also?

>it was a blast watching the kids freak out over FDD noise, and terrifying watching them ignore the keyboard and try to use a CRT like a touchscreen.
TOPKEK

>As to these, I plan on building a machine from each chipset era
Good luck! You have some neat stuff there.

Here's some 8088 guts, a sperry and an IBM 5150 clone.

It was, then it wasn't. I was early teens when I was running this thing and other geeks would ROM swap with me at various clubs and things. I ended up installing ZIFs for just that reason. Few years later I ended up dragging it back out for HAM, created an RTTY ROM from a magazine article and some helpful friends, and used to use different option ROMs so I could access different data decode modes, modem rates and other junk.

Thanks man, and yeah, it was pretty cool day. They skipped it this year but he's keen to do it again next year, see what happens.

Because guts shot.

..and my IRL dosbox, Cyrix 486 Blue Lightning with 12MB of RAM and 500MB of disk space. Because DOTT and Money Island just doesn't cut it in an emulator.

Sweet, is the bottom one a TurboXT board with a V20?

Curious, why did you blank out part of the writing on the ROM?

>Because DOTT and Money Island just doesn't cut it in an emulator.
Obviously!
I have a 486DX2 machine with a similar case, slightly shorter though with 2 5.25" bays instead of 3.

>Silica
>DO NOT EAT
Can I eat it pls?

>I have a 486DX2 machine with a similar case, slightly shorter though with 2 5.25" bays instead of 3.
Pic related.

That's pretty nice, but holy fuck everything looks like a shit shoot at this point. NEC or Samsung are probably my best bet.

I wish I could just find a 17'' SGI CRT locally, I just want something high-end and kind of period appropriate to make this setup as nice to display as it is to use.

Sony too, Sony workstation displays specially and yes NEC CRTs have usually SoG support and have workstation aesthetic, some support BNC RGB in too

>Sweet, is the bottom one a TurboXT board with a V20?
It is indeed, well spotted.

> Curious
Because it has my callsign on it, and with that, you would be able to look up my name and suburb ;)

> LED's behind dark plastic and clear diffusers
> muh dick
Pic related is my favourite of the pack, it's getting a P1 in it when the rest of the gear gets here and build day arrives. I can't fucking wait for build day.

It is ridiculous how hard OEM (or, any really) CRT's are to come by. When I think about all the old IBM and Amstrad monitors I turfed I want to punch myself. It took me two months to find the monitor in , I gave up on "period correct" and just went for what I could find. Tonnes of stuff OS, but fucked if I'm going to pay 4x the cost of the item to ship it here.

Microbee and Fairlight. STRAYA CUNT.

First commercial DAW, right?

>Pic related is my favourite of the pack, it's getting a P1 in it when the rest of the gear gets here and build day arrives. I can't fucking wait for build day.
Beautiful case!

▲▲

Today I cleaned up this toshiba, my very first laptop. Still boots after 22 years: youtu.be/sQnhegh__s4

Keyboard is very stiff tho, even after a deep cleanup. I think it used to have some sort of lubricant.