youtube.com/watch?v=RyfCTZB6Nrk
youtube.com/watch?v=JWnUItw1ElU
youtube.com/watch?v=K6xCHCjpoAM
youtube.com/watch?v=8-MAAkcWTyk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=0yJn-5hpU94
youtube.com/watch?v=aAmik_WKAZw
youtube.com/watch?v=f9n-t3jp5JU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I see nothing wrong in that picture honestly.

furst for the dick

UPDATE

I caved in, looked her up on Facebook and messaged her. I'm just too socially anxious to make a good first impression irl. Hopefully she doesn't think it's weird that I know her last name... will let you guys know if I fucked up or not.

Johnny Cash

youtube.com/watch?v=8J7VQaWt1uQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Aq344ks1ieg
youtube.com/watch?v=k9IfHDi-2EA
youtube.com/watch?v=eJlN9jdQFSc
youtube.com/watch?v=N8i5NLyXZdc
youtube.com/watch?v=RyfCTZB6Nrk
youtube.com/watch?v=JWnUItw1ElU

>that college freshman still being all bright eyed
I wish I could go back 3 years

mine went up to pre calc, and that class only had like 10 students

don't underestimate biology. studying it is different from studying most other STEM classes and you can't get through tests just using logic like you can with chemistry

>tfw im the bright eyed and bushy tailed incoming freshman asking all those questions
why do you wish you could go back 3 years. what went wrong man

So basically would you say that studying Biology and Chemistry in college ad nauseam and then some more is the best game plan for getting A's?

howdy y'all

I'm DOUG DIMMADOME

owner of the DIMMSDALE DIMMADOME

In this thread, shit posting is a DIMMA DON'T

Im starting my senior year in a week and im still excited for college and for my job afterwards. Doing research work actually got me heavily interested in my topic and has lined up opportunities when I graduate

new gimmick : ignore your man OPs

What are you guys listening to?
youtube.com/watch?v=K6xCHCjpoAM

what field?

itll never catch on

I didn't even see it was his thread, fuck. Future reference, thanks bud.

whats /cum/ listening to

i guess so
it's always better to be overprepared. the shitty thing about college is that you don't know if your study habits are working until you've taken some exams

also don't be afraid to drop a class if you don't think you can get a good grade in it
i let my parents and academic counselor talk me into sticking with classes that I could only get a C at best in because of financial stuff, and I've suffered for it

wew their accent is strong as fuck when they english
new yorkers i swear

youtube.com/watch?v=8-MAAkcWTyk

business idea: take another dose of diphenhydramine

damn man, thats shitty, dropping a class looks bad to your parents lol cuz they dont understand the benefit of it really, its kinda "taboo" in its own academic way.
what major are you in? Also why is Chem lab hard as you mentioned in the previous thread

*when they sing in english
they sing in yiddsh mostly but that new york accent lol
m.youtube.com/watch?v=0yJn-5hpU94

I have a feeling that Yung Lean and his crew are only successful because they held onto a stash of bitcoins during the massive price spike and they used their "music" as a way to launder their earnings

WEEB SHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=aAmik_WKAZw

biology, used to be chemistry

chemistry lab isn't hard, it's just tedious and no fun. you're rushing through trying to get everything done before you run out of lab time, and the instructors/TAs get snippy if you're running late. i was always slow because i have bad hand-eye coordination and kept breaking shit. biology lab is at least interesting

how about you just fucking relax

youtube.com/watch?v=f9n-t3jp5JU

>listen to obscure yiddish music
>cant find lyrics even in yiddish (which i understand so its no problem)
what did i expect
fuckin yids jewing me out of their tunes

missing a lot of the classics

for shame

I was going to get a degree in engineering and make shit loads of money. Instead I didn't study my freshman and sophomore years so I ended up barely cranking out a 2.8 (I pulled a 3.5 in high school without ever studying and rarely even doing homework because they only ever counted for 10% of the grade). However, they bumped up the gpa requirement for CSE to 3.2 (thanks chinks). So I would have had to do extremely well to get my GPA up to 3.2 and get into the major. However, during my junior year I guess I had already given up and rarely went to class. I failed most of my courses and basically put the last nail in the coffin. There's that and the fact that I spent all the money I made delivering pizzas these last 3 years instead of investing and building a portfolio.

Now I'm pretty much on my last chance before resorting to joining the Marines or something. I'm dropping out of that school and going to a community college where I'm aiming for an associates in management of information systems and if I'm lucky, get a job in my city that pays at least 45k starting.

/blog

Don't be like me. You are not so smart that you don't need to study. Don't wake up to your alarm and decide to cut class and go back to bed. Don't drink your worries away. Don't sit and play video games instead of doing schoolwork. Save your money and invest. Cook your own meals, don't go out and get fast food constantly.

Don't be like me. Because 3 years might flash before your eyes and suddenly you aren't the bright eyed freshman anymore, you're now 22 with a dad gut forming and depression you can only manage when school is out of session

i fucking can't bud

college sounds like hell твн

> i was always slow because i have bad hand-eye coordination and kept breaking shit.
LOOL this was me in high school, man then i'm gonna have a tough time
I totally agree with biology being more interesting, it captivates me to give a shit about the concepts

what are your plans after undergrad?

It is what you make of it. If you start strong and refuse to get lazy, it can be the best years of your life. For me it's been pretty bad, but I've learned from my mistakes and am working to right my wrongs.

oh fucking brilliant
i find the lyrics, and theyre in yiddish too, but its FUCKING YIDDISH WRITTEN WITH CYRILLC
i mean i can read cyrillic but in a language i only vaguely understand while listening to a song? christ

good day to you /cum/

Not that guy but here are some things that I learned as I went along and wish I fully understood when I started out.

1. Dont accept mediocrity. A lot of your classes when you start out will be easy. You should still go to them and take advantage of your free A's while you still have them. Otherwise, when you get further along with your major you will look back and see how fucking stupid you were not spending the 2 hours studying for that economics test and getting a B when the class was a free A. College is for learning. You are better off without a social life and a 4.0 than going out and drinking with friends and starting out your freshmen year with a 2.0.

2. You have 3 summers, use them. Dont treat your summer breaks as breaks. Be relentless about getting internships, jobs related to your area of study, and research opportunities. Just go up to your professors and ask what they do other than teach; the majority of them will be conducting research and submitting publications. A lot of them, especially in stem fields, will accept undergrad workers. They absolutely love it when you approach them, try your hardest to get in with them because you need to be hunting for recommendation letters early on.

3. Stay the fuck away from weed or other drugs if you use them. Some people say that they are fine in moderation and I actually agree with them but speaking from experience they are nothing but a negative influence in college.

4. Go to your classes, even if its a bullshit core class that is the easiest shit you have ever done. Skipping class is a slippery slope that ends horribly

Story?

bongiorno

just remember to not hurry in lab, doing everything carefully and not having to redo it again is faster than rushing and having to redo things

medical school if i can get my shit together. pharmacy or something if not
i unironically have a 2.0 GPA right now

Hey Luigi

>hang out with female friend
>other friend asks if we're dating
>i say "no"
>dad overhears
>he doesn't say anything, i can't see his face, but i can feel the disappointment in the room

ZITTO ANIMALE E CHAO

Are you fucking 40 man?
Jesus
Points 2 and 3 are bumfuck retarded

Just walk in, give the professor a firm handshake, and ask for a job!

Chemistry. Going into my sophomore year I didnt care but my 3rd semester my Organic chemistry 2 professor took the time to talk about his research with me an offered me a spot in his lab. I took it on and have worked with him every weekday outside of holidays ever since. I now get paid a full time wage doing work that I genuinely love to do and have fantastic recommendation letters. I had planned on going to Pharmacy school and sell drugs for the rest of my life like my dad but now I think ill end up being a Chemistry Professor and to be honest im happy with that. Ive worked as a pharmacy tech for 3 years and I enjoy my time in the lab so much more than working a glorified retail job.

It's german but letters are russian

>tfw looking into the future all I see is 40 years of lonely wagecuckery until I retire and then wait to die
What a world

fuck it im transliterating this shit MYSELF

its yiddish
i can understand yiddish (i speak german) i can read cyrillic, but i cant do both at once

well goddamn, at least you have Community college going for you, pls do well in it and redeem the laziness
well the fact that you've recognized the mistakes you made is half the battle
good luck in life man, and i really appreciate the advice, i wont sit on my ass and drink all day in college
Points 1 and 2 are pretty helpful IMO. I dont smoke or drink so point 3 doesn't apply
4. Cmon i dont wanna go to EVERY sociology lecture, core classes are such BS

Really makes you think

>2.0 GPA
>trying to get into pharmacy school
Dude you gotta step it up lol. Med school aint gonna take you

What's your major? Unless it's some autism engineering major you should be fine taking it relatively ez

quick question to the russian
э=ye right

Not him but you're fucking retarded. Unless you go into business and have a "dad who owns a dealership", 2 and 3 are completely valid. College isn't a party. You're supposed to prepare for your career while learning what kind of person you are and who you want to be.

The stuff about summer breaks makes complete sense. With the way boomers are as executives, they want nothing less than a year or two of experience before they employ you, unless of course you have some sort of connection that gets your foot in the door. You should be hunting for internships and trying to get the best ones over summer breaks. Partying and doing fucking nothing is for highschoolers.

And if you want to do a shit load of drugs, go hang out at music festivals. I got quite a few people I went to high school with that went down that route. Most of them are fat and look like bums and only ever talk about moving to Colorado or last year's Umphreys McGee show

I have never smoked weed, cigs, or drank any alcohol in my high school days, and neither did i party (just hung out with bros, ate out, went hiking, movies).
What is my prognosis for college days in terms of drinking and smoking if i have no prior history

im 21 and entering my senior year. My first two years at college were fairly mediocre with far too many B's and even a C with no extracurricular shit to speak up. Throughout the first 2 years all my highschool friends dropped out due to skipping classes mostly to smoke weed. It took me getting arrested for possession and seeing all of my closest friends fail out for me to quit smoking myself. After that I got my shit together and actually worked towards my education and school has been going much better since. All four of those points are 100% valid. Dont treat college like an extension of highschool. If you dont actively try and work towards your own education you are ultimately wasting time

Major is biology, deciding to either go to Med School or Physician Assistant school (can't decide between either)

Ciao

Summer breaks are invaluable
For the rest of your 50 years of wagecuckery you will never EVER get a whole summer off
Take advantage of it while you can imo

you'll go overboard as soon as you get there

>tfw just wasted an entire summer
well fuck me

Not wasted if you have fun :)

the 2.0 includes a failed class
but yeah, i know

my family, my health, and my financial stability all collapsed right at the beginning of my freshman year. it's hard to do grit your teeth and stay focused when everything is falling apart around you

if you are taking it easy in college you are doing college wrong. College are some of your most productive years of your life. Make as much use of them as you can

>Warrenposting

I hashed things out with my dad. He talked to me like a man and pretty much told me I have 3 options left:
1. Go to community college, and if I do well enough he'll pull some strings and help get me a job at the bottom of the ladder
2. Quit school and work a dead end job at the local Honda plant where I can be a loser
3. Join the military

Also, college makes most realize how awesome their parents really are, it did for me. It's amazing how much more I like them after moving out. They have been an indispensable source of advice.

And that guy is 100% right, go to every lecture unless you have a valid excuse (projectile vomiting everywhere, dead, etc.) Because once you skip one class, you'll start thinking of bullshit reasons to skip others and you'll pretty much throw yourself off a cliff. That happened to me.

it is wasted because i did absolutely nothing this summer
last year i was in yurp and before then i fucked around in alleyways and on the beach
this is a new low for me

If you're Chad, sure

If you can get it up, and I mean up, and explain in your letter for admissions why it was so low, you never now. I read stories of in official essay books of low gpa getting in, but you better have a high MCAT and good sobstory.

shit, so those external factors probably fucked you up.
hey, you'll get a chance to explain all of that in your grad school applications anyways, so its ok

You're right, summer breaks are invaluable. That's why you should get internships or part time jobs so you can save money and invest for your future while having fun on the side.

spending a summer break in college will make your wagecuck life in the future much better as long as you use them properly. Going over two months with nothing to show is so horrendously bad for you especially when you should be spending college networking and getting experience.

First in Flight? More like first in favela.
Fuck Brazil

>tfw 2.98 GPA
I'm doomed

who do you think "dirty" dan "the man" "rough rider" schneider is voting for?

Ever heard of post-bacc? I mean are you even considering a masters? That's the route I'm taking with a shitty 2.7 GPa...2.5 science attempting to get into dent school.

ive had worse
t. 1.4
then again thats why im still in high school #yolo

I have $15k saved up from working in high school. I am also jewish as fuck and dont spend it on anything. I have no need for more money at this point
Do you just live your entire life based on how it'll look on your resume? If an employer wont hire you because you took a 2 month break then that's their problem and they're probably a shit person to work for

how do teachers/prof's generally go about getting their degrees?

I have a minor in history I might have to change into a major and I genuinely dont know what to do

>1. Go to community college, and if I do well enough he'll pull some strings and help get me a job at the bottom of the ladder
Good lad, work your ass off man.
I honestly really appreciate the advice you're giving me guys, this has given me mental preparation for a lot of academic things. i might not reply to every line of advice but im definitely reading every line and absorbing the information
Also yeah, im sick of my parents rn but i'll definitely love them even more by the end of my college career
/cum/ is more useful than i thought, huh.

Invest it in something then, keep a couple thousand for yourself though. Something like 2 grand while investing the rest would be good. You'd have a year's worth of fun with that much money. And imagine how much you'd have after college if you invest $13k now

right now i feel like i understand what i need to change to do well, but i won't know for sure until the semester starts again.

unless i get fucking cancer or something, things can't get worse, and i think i have better coping skills than i did a year ago

clinton

no actually johnson

With my luck I'd lose everything desu
I'm scared

We'll I've pretty much been given a second chance on my future so I don't want to waste it.

And I want to put my wisdom to use. I hate to see people make the same mistakes I did, and at worst become festival loitering druggies

>Do you just live your entire life based on how it'll look on your resume?
actually yes I am. Im currently in college, college is meant for you to get an education and to obtain connections and experience that will help you get a job after you graduate. I partied and did all the shallow teen garbage in highschool and desu its just not worth continuing into college because its all the same shit ive already experienced. Ive done the keg stands, the drunken sex with strangers, and the wild nights on molly. While they were fun they are not the reasons that I go to college. Im there to learn and prepare for the future and every moment that I dont spend working towards this goal is a moment wasted.

We're all gonna make it bros. I recommend taking a few weeks off from Sup Forums. Really puts your life into perspective after you realize you've been devoting so much time to this site for so long. You really get a lot accomplished. Wish the best m8s

airplane

aeroplane

I don't know what's going on with you but to be completely honest it takes some of the stress and panic away knowing there's people in worse academic situations than me

But I genuinely wish you well friend

>festival loitering druggies
why do people do this. I'm going to a PAC 12 school (Washington State University) and my school is known for this kinda stuff
it's pretty awful

>Im currently in college, college is meant for you to get an education and to obtain connections and experience that will help you get a job after you graduate. I partied and did all the shallow teen garbage in highschool and desu its just not worth continuing into college because its all the same shit ive already experienced. Ive done the keg stands, the drunken sex with strangers, and the wild nights on molly. While they were fun they are not the reasons that I go to college. Im there to learn and prepare for the future and every moment that I dont spend working towards this goal is a moment wasted.

Do something like mutual funds then, very low risk but low growth. Ask around in your family to see if there are any experts on the market. The one thing I took out of personal finance class in high school was that you should diversify your investments. That way if something fuck up and loses value, you still have your other investments

My family is entirely working class/poor
No one knows shit about this sort of thing including me
I'll ask /biz/ for research material I guess

Some people go for the easy route to happiness and satisfaction

there is absolutely nothing wrong with that post. Im speaking from experience. Nothing good comes from wasting your time fucking around while at school.