>Been fiddling in Realtek for hours and it sounds shit no matter what
help

Other urls found in this thread:

catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=6.0.1.8273
tomshardware.com/reviews/high-end-pc-audio,3733-19.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

realtek sucks fucking ass
I don't understand why it's fucking everywhere

I mean I had Realtek before (albeit an older version) and it was okay. Everything right now is ear cancer

I bought a sound blaster z 4 years ago and never touched on board audio again.

just turn every effect off

>not using DAC+amp
Come the fuck on

Just spent 1.1k on my build, would rather not buy even more crap at the moment

bought a 1st gen asus essence stx second hand for basically peanuts

get creative

You're sure that you don't just need a Z370 audio dongle key to unlock stereo sound?

>spend over a grand
>didn't understand hardware
>got shit onboard audio
>refuse to spend peanuts on soundcard or amp
>start shit thread to show ignorance

Get the fuck out.

FYI you most likely aren't using full range speakers if you had to start this thread...

does a soundcard really need a PCIe connection?
now i have to google this

this

you have to buy the unlock dongle from intel for good audio, it only costs $30, so don't be a poorfag OP

Mother fucker do you have any usb ports? You never even specified the mobo.

im not OP

Buy a dac, the ones from hifimediy are as good as it gets and cheap

Is it possible to get a nice dac+amp setup under 200 bucks?
Do audiophilefaggots really spend that much on shit?

>under 200 bucks
Stick to onboard audio if you're that poor, you won't even hear a difference from your shit headphones anyway

Don't call others poor while you are stuck using your Amazon ordered headphones so you don't disturb your mom. All these GET A DAC fags are sad and never even consider the persons usage.

>All these GET A DAC fags are sad and never even consider the persons usage.
Please explain a use case scenario that would be enhanced by the use of a demonstrably poorer audio experience than an outboard DAC provides.

I'll wait.

It needs some kind of bus to connect to.
ISA, EISA, MCA, PCI, PCIe for PC compatibles, and yes external USB DACs exist.

>Don't call others poor
If you can't afford any more than 200 fucking dollars, I will call you poor because it's the truth

Hifimediy diy sell objectively transparent dacs for about $50, for headphone amp/preamp the shit magni 3 is $100, for speaker amp/preamp get the micca origain for $80 or $100 for the version with the dac included

/thread

onboard audio sucks, my memepad had a shit ton of buzzing and hissing etc.
A $10 usb dac wire got rid of that completely though, so I'm wondering why the fuck this very basic hardware is so fucking expensive.
Same with headphones, they're not very complicated to manufacture or produce yet they're insanely expensive.

thanks, couldn't have said it better

well obviously.
but i was saying does a soundcard really need a PCIe connection.
answer: no.
only reason to have one is if you only had a free PCIe slot available.

> I'll buy that Ferrari
> but give me cheapest tyres you can plz, am poor ;_;
If you can't budget for a new rig top to tail, you should not be buying hardware till you can, otherwise shit like this happens. Lrn2save faggot.

I bought a SoundBlaster Live! 24bit PCI 14 years ago and never touched on board audio again.
% lspci | grep audio
05:06.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs CA0106/CA0111 [SB Live!/Audigy/X-Fi Series]

I recommend amp over soundcard

Try and find a high end motherboard, or even a mid/low end that has a regular pci slot nowadays.

if you mean does it need it over PCI, no. it's PCIe because PCI is on the way out, it's being phased out

Jesus Christ I don't even know where to begin with this post.

You are using a cheap Made in China $10 USB DAC to listen to music, I'm sure it sounds great on your Apple Earpods or whatever you're plugging that into.

Whatever hissing you're talking about is a side effect of having shit packed close together near the motherboard inside your laptop, which external USB can easily solve.

But you aren't even close to getting the "expensive" sound quality that people pay for. You need a good DAC, a good amp, and good phones to even start hearing that. Which you have none of. And when I say "expensive", that's a fucking stretch. I mean like spending at least $30 min on each of your shit.

They are memeing people.
Objectively transparent dac can be made for next to nothing.
Ironically some expensive stuff are actually flawed.

What I'm saying is that all these companies are jewing the shit out of you
A simple PCB in a enclosure should not cost that fucking much.
This isn't a GPU or CPU where you're paying for the R&D etc. DACs are basically a perfected technology and have been for decades now.
The only reason why they can get away with those prices is the retarded audiophiles that keep demand up.

>buying the silicon jew

You deserve your misery because you purchased an Intel product.

this is the board i'm using, it fits perfectly at the bottom.

This, anything over $50 buys you more features/connectivity but not better performance

>buying anything branded fatal1ty

I can literally say the same thing about keyboard and mice

even if you had 7.1 channel output and a stereo mic all running together at 192KHz/24bit, that's only 44Mb/s of raw data, well under even what USB2 can do

It came bundled with a 1700 for $414 back in June. No regrets.

-- oh, and a more common setup of 5.1ch out and stereo mic at 48KHz/24bit, that's only 8.8Mb/s, under what even USB1.1 can do

Turns out I quoted the wrong post. Meant to quote .

this card is worthless for any decent headphones, just buy an external dac/amp combo

why is it worthless? Explain.

I suppose it isn't worthless as the surround sound features are useful if you're doing that sort of thing, my problem though is that it doesn't seem to have enough power to drive my 250 ohm headphones, plus having a 3.5mm plugged into the back of your computer sounds like a recipe for disaster.
I would also much prefer an amp with a knob I can twist to adjusting the sound through software but that's just personal preference.

I have HD 600's they sound fine

>shitheiser
found your problem

>hurr durr dac improves audio quality
You only ever need a DAC if you hear some noises. Everything else is a pure placebo. Go back to headfi shill.

you clearly don't know what a DAC is

OP stop being a poorfag, and buy a monitor with a built in audio jack
if you spend a decent amount on a video card, then the sound will be handled by the video card, sent over HDMI or Display Port, and then you can plug in your headphones into the monitor jack

>people on Sup Forums always shit on onboard audio
>get some fancy asus pcie card
>constant static sound whenever computer power usage goes above idle, like whenever scrolling a web page
>return it and enjoy clean onboard audio

snibbety snab!

hate realtek with a passion for the shit i had to put up with for years
i've got ptsd just by looking at that fucking panel in your pic

What's the problem with Realtek? They're drivers suck but I hear Creative's drivers suck aswell.

> had a dodgy card
> didn't swap it to check if it was indeed a dodgy card
> thinks he's qualified to comment on an entire branch of technology
> believes the bullshit that Sup Forums spews instead of doing his own research.

Spill your blood you sack of shit.

>believes the bullshit that Sup Forums spews instead of doing his own research.
Except I literally did the opposite you retard.

> people on Sup Forums always shit on onboard audio
So you went and bought a card for what reason exactly..?

then get an usb card retard

>but not better performance
Ok, go and compare the amount of power $50 DAC/Amp can provide headphones with to $100 plus ones. I will wait. Just read spec sheets you brainlet.
If you are fucking clueless then at least don't talk. Because there literally is difference between all sub $100 DAC/Amps which all fucking blow and are only suitable as an onboard replacement in case of internal noise, and $100 plus ones which will actually power demanding headphones properly.

Update the drivers.
catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=6.0.1.8273

I don't know anything about DACs/Amps. Explain like I'm 5. Is it a box with a knob that I plug in via USB and/or externally? And I just simply plug headphones in through that? No sound card, no nuthin'?

They're basically USB sound cards, _usually_ with a better DAC and/or amplifier than the motherboard's audio. Wouldn't bet on the cheapest ones though.

On-board audio chips actually have pretty decent specs these days but their implementation is often shit because they just stick the chip where there is room on the board, with little effort to isolate it from all the other stuff around it. And then there's the subhuman garbage tier drivers and software.

Just getting the analog stuff outside the computer can help a lot. And as stated above, some headphones may work much better with a good amp.

Buy a regular ass stereo 5.1/7.1 reciever with hdmi audio ports, and hook it up directly to your gpu.
Yamahas are decent, and can be found nearly everywhere second hand for way less than $200.

>You need a good DAC, a good amp, and good phones
lmao
tomshardware.com/reviews/high-end-pc-audio,3733-19.html
It's worth using a $20 USB DAC for the sake of avoiding config hassles, hiss, etc. But don't pretend you need to buy a shitt stack for hundreds of dollars.

OP just get an Sabrent USB sound adapter for $5 it will be enough to suit your needs, its plug and play.
Don't listen to autists recommending AMP/DAC setups worth $100 + it makes no difference

Wrong. The Sound Blaster Z actually has a decent Headphone amp. It's not top of the line but it's decent.

>just get an Sabrent USB sound adapter
this
>Just getting the analog stuff outside the computer can help a lot.
and this

Preferably keep the volume at 100% and adjust it from the program/player if on headphones or your speaker system.