Which era of technology and other things did you primarily grow up in?

Which era of technology and other things did you primarily grow up in?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X6M7jE_c1_E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1992 birth year master race reporting in, I had it all....now I have a degenerate and sick society.....

Wow literally everything after 2000 is complete shit

Born in 99. A mix, mostly late millenial.

Degenerate.

Utterly false. More like after 2006.

(you)

this - it started bleeding out at around 2007....was dead by 2011

1993, but an older brother, so most of "core" and "late" mil

only thing in gen z areas is kanye

Also 99 youngfag but since I was poor I played nes snes and genesis until I was 5 or 6 then got a psone then after some years I finally got a ps2. Mostly watched core millenial to early Z shows. Late millennial is the best.

Late Millenial-Early Gen Z

So, Who's the best Yu gi oh girl?

Lived in Late Millenial culture times with Core Millennial culture tech. family was a bit behind.
PS2 was GOAT though when i did get one.

'91
We have to go back

>can't find a fitting picture on the internet

My little brother is from that period and I remember him always using a laptop, usually a macbook. So find a picture of some kid with a laptop then.

Alexis

Born in 94 but I experienced everything in the core section because my parents always bought me last gen electronics and vidya until I was a teenager save they'd get me the new game boy. Like, I got a SNES when I was 4-5 for Christmas to put this in perspective and didn't get anything else until they bought me a GCN in 2003.

I have to also agree. Back when there were actual communities, no commercial shit thrown in your face, fucking smartphone users, the list goes on. I don't know, maybe
it's just that we're older and more dead inside then ever. Everything feels bleak now.

95 but I had to ask friends to lend their consoles or handhelds because my parents hated consoles and thought they caused addiction.

94, although even as a kid half the shit I liked was older

1993 motherfuckers

>Can't find a fitting picture on the internet
Lol. I like how even the Internet wants to forget that dark age.

My only tech until I was 14 were games
Wasn't until I was 17 I even had a desktop PC

Going to the library when I was 10 and playing Runescape on shitty 20kbps connection was fun though-

somewhere between "core" and "late" millenial in that image
born 1990
watched pokémon seasons 1 and 2, had a tamagotchi and original furby, had a gameboy colour which i mostly played pokémon blue/silver/crystal with, got a couple beyblades at one point, and some pokémon trading cards
liked ed edd and eddy, recess, card captor sakura, dexter's lab, rugrats, johnny bravo, the simpsons, the angry beavers, cow and chicken, i am weasel, pepper ann...
didn't really like hey arnold or dragonball z, though

>tfw russian born in 1992
>the only things that took place in my childhood/teens are in first panel

Born in '70.

>The Elders

Core to late millennial

Same

This image assumes that everyone alive on the planet Earth is american.
Born in 94 and my childhood was very much like the first 2 panels

Where did you get that from? hope it's not a gk

Your countries are irrelevant.

Born in 1979 don't see myself as a 1970s guy

Born in 94. Late milennial was a pretty good time to grow up in. My only regret is that I couldn't properly enjoy Morrowind because I too young to handle the english. Was good enough at it when Oblivion came out though and boy did I have a good time

Also Bionicle, Heroes of Might and Magic and Pokemon is all a kid needs to have a happy childhood

Same. Of course being poor and not living in the city helped. I have a gameboy and my friend had a NES. Sure ps2 was out years before that but thanks to not being spoilt we got to enjoy old tech. Tinkering with old windows 95 computers was cool.

>Born in 1978
I actually pity the kids today not writing 6502 ASM by hand in school and longing to get home to try it out on your new C64 by inputing scribbles on a paper straight into memory.

Btw, I later got involved in the demoscene and I am now the CTO of one of your highest regarded video game companies.

True story.

As I said, I truly pity kids today that just consume content without a thought on HOW it is created.

If you're born 1992 you are gen z then.

Born in '87, thanks for making me feel like a grampa

lol

88 here, its ok man

So you're braging about working in the sjw hellhole central...

84 here
Jesus Christ I'm old

Yet you are now shitposting on a congolese posterboard.

I was born in 1981, began with the PC and learned with qbasic, then TurboPascal.
I am now some grunt doing nix development / integration stuff in a STB maker.

you are not allowed to post here gen z shitter

>implying anyone regards video game companies except children.

Early Z technically but more like late millennial because country was a few years behind culturally at the time
All the cartoons I watched were late millennial stuff because of dubbing to popular stuff only happening if it completely blows up outside of this shithole.
Also bionicles and I had an old Gameboy with pokemon and stuff.

Core millennial

>1992
Late nineties

Your country is irrelevant

Early gen Z was the best

T H E B E S T

83 here... I feel thankful to growing up in those times

Not really

Born in 97 but was in third world country, so grew up with SNES and all the older stuff.

Why wouldn't you mention the name of it? "in a third world country" takes longer to type out than the fucking name of most places.

I was born in 1984 and that is a fitting picture

I don't think you qualify.

1996 here. First game was pokemon blue on a gba sp. Helped gave me an appreciation for the consoles I didn't grow up with. My first Internet connected device was a PSP, and even that had parental controls enabled. I remember guest speakers coming to my school and warning us about putting private information online.
It's pretty shocking how far we've gone in a few short years.

None, I watched old eastern European cartoons on VHS.

89, and core millennial is accurate.

I do...As it say in the image:
"Primary audience: Born Early-Mid/Late 80s"
I also fit into the Core Millenial culture

78 here as well. High level director of IT consulting firm. Good luck young faggot, you are mostly shit tier.

Poo in the loos are just cheaper, and your SJW shit don't fly here.

Pretty relevant if someone lives with late millennial stuff but when the early z in other countries

I was born in 1978. That chart isn't even close for me.

1990 so core millennial, but I have an older sister and brother so I got some early millenial influence too ( flippos, tmnt, transformer toys from the 80s, nes / snes as consoles.).
I think I have that exact buffy poster somewhere.

>implying everything ever hasn't been shit
It's all garbage. Life is a garbage dump filled with rot and misery.

Hotglue it and show us the result.

>all this feral consumer bullshit
It's genuinely sad that anyone looks back at their past and defines by the products of that era.

Being born in the 80s makes me unhappy because younger folks get all the coolest techno toys.

On the other hand it makes me *very* greatful to have spent a childhood with actual privacy, being able to do the stupidest kid/teen shit without it being archived somewhere for ALL ETERNITY

youtube.com/watch?v=X6M7jE_c1_E

i grew up with casio lcd games and macgyver as favorite tv show, but mostly played outdoor

didn't own computer until college

2006/2007 is when everything went to shit.

>social media goes mainstream

>smartphones go mainstream

>everyone is online all the fucking time now, and the line separating the internet from real life is gone

>Google and Facebook enslave the web and the media, saturating attention spans with high-volume low-quality information and outright falsehoods while drowning you in ads

>web 2.0 / Ajax makes fucking JavaScript indispensable to accessing the modern web

>paid DLC becomes standard across all game platforms

It must really suck growing up in Gen Z.

Underage b....oh wait....fuuuck

late millennial who's first memory is the ad for Pokemon red and blue.

Mostly early Gen Z for me with a little bit of late millenial.

We feel so sorry for you. We hope this thread opened you eyes.

'92 is millenial you retard.
Late 90's in Gen Z.

I was born in 1996, but since I live in an euro shithole tech and everything was at least a couple of years behind. So I grew up watching Pokemon, dbz, Dexter's lab and playing the original PlayStation at my friend's place.

Late 80's so early and core are equally familiar to me.

pic related or Chaos Emperor Dragon
synchros totally killed yugioh though

>born in the wrong generation was a meme reddit and sjws said

Early millennial. By the time I hit the next chart, half the shit like tamagotchis and pokemon were considered kiddy stuff while we were already going on mopeds and drinking beer in forests.

t. 86

93 master race reporting in, so core to late millennial.
I lost track of technology in the 2005-2012 period because I was mostly thinking about pussy and degeneracy, got back on course the last year of highschool tho

>No Gen X

Granted this is Sup Forums material, but still.

I wish we could just go back to when the internet was still a sausage fest and a niche thing to be on.

For me looks everything is shit. Where is linux, anime and thinkpads?

same here

It's genuinely sad that anyone would pretend to mistake simple nostalgia for a consumer product-centered definition of an era.

92, but all about that Early Millennial. Actually Early to most of Late is relevant.

Born in 95 but was poor and didn't have a computer until 2004 and no internet till 2006. So i'm more familiar with the Early Gen Z stuff

Late millenial very obviously t. 1998

Slightly before Early Millennial here. It was basically like the pic. Props to 90s kid for playing Chip'n'dale on NES, it was one of my favorites

Born in '79 so just outside "millennial".
I remember seeing that first pic with the 80's kid in Nintendo Power or something.

I engaged with a few things from "core millennial" like Dexter's Lab, but otherwise nothing after that resonates with me at all.

80's-early 90's Nickelodeon was GOAT

Was born in the 1995 so what does that make me

Born in 85. Early, core, and a little of late.

It has really nosedived since then. Kids these days have it pretty shitty.

See what we mean? Born in the wrong fucking generation, I swear.

core millenial through genz core.
Bow to your master you inferior beings.

bump

Born in 87. I hated most of what's in the pic, which turned me into a loner over time.