How does Sup Forums feel about prebuilts?

How does Sup Forums feel about prebuilts?
I think they're acceptable as individual parts are simply to expensive in Australia

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/Y4LztJ
youtu.be/l77oZXU7liM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's all about the prices and what you get, dude.
There are several reasons they're usually bad:
1. The parts are imbalanced. They throw in high end CPUs with low end GPUs so they can sell muh Hz and muh gigabytes. You can balance the parts much better if you do it yourself.
2. There's markup for the building of the PC most of the time. Building it yourself saves the labour cost.
3. They might cheap out on some critical but not marketable components, like the PSU or motherboard.

If you can verify the balance of the build, and the quality of the individual parts, and the price is good, there's nothing wrong with prebuilds.
Except the godawful cases.

Right now the problem is less of the GPU, but the lack of SSD in many models

"256GB? But this model has 1000GB for more? What's an SSD?"

Slickdeals has some pretty nice ones.

They had one with an 7600K and a 1070 for like $900 or something. It was Dell so I assume the PSU was okay.

Just be afraid of companies like Cyber power or ibuypower, they cheap out on PSUs.

What IS an SSD?

lurk moar faggot

what other questions did you have after googling it?

What IS Google?
It's like duckduckgo, yeah?

yeah just imagine DDG being good and you've basically got the idea

>1. The parts are imbalanced. They throw in high end CPUs with low end GPUs so they can sell muh Hz and muh gigabytes. You can balance the parts much better if you do it yourself.

if you buy it from the potato shop, yes. some places have technicians who know what they're doing. they put out combos that work, because if they didn't, people would stop buying them and would talk shit about them online.

Serious Sexual Disease

you get it from visiting .ru domain websites

> How does Sup Forums feel about prebuilts?
Most are shit.

> individual parts are simply to expensive in Australia
Virtually no computer-related thing is acceptable in Australia. Including prebuilts and internet connections.

Your prebuilts aren't really saving money, otherwise you wanker would have a business taking them apart. It's just shittier parts though.

Sure I pity you, but if you're Australian, yea, you gotta deal with it by paying the crazy amount extra that things cost.

Is this an okay poorfag build? I mainly just want it for my wacom and to play games on 'recommended' settings

Hory shit this peace of garbage is 1300$.
What a time to be alive.

Way too much for a 1050ti.

pcpartpicker.com/list/Y4LztJ

It's AUD

My friend built something with a 1060 6GB for that price so I would say no.

In aus ebay routinely does the 20% off deals where I netted a 1600x below regular 1600 prices. It's not the greatest of selection but decent if ur a budget fag. Depending on ur budget you could get a compatible board for engineering skylake, broadwell e or hedt haswell. (As mobo s for each of these seem to be cheap. ) to answer ur question, no m8 build

You know that post that says everything bad about prebuilts? That prebuilt hits all of them. It's awful.

Even if you had the technical competence to select the best components you could afford and build a very useful system, you'd still be better off buying a factory-made PC with the high income such tech skills would bring you.
If you don't have that income you'd still be better off letting someone who knows what they are doing build the system commercially.
Don't buy a "custom rig" from some white-box shop.
PC Mag reader reviews rate them as the most troublesome and unreliable PCs. Worse even than home-made kits.

Can you be retarded somewhere else please

How?

pre-builts are fine if you are just buying the cheapest available or if you are buying for a company and don't want to do stuff manually.

If you want a high end computer then you will save a lot of money by building it yourself.

I see no problem with it. Just as I'll pay extra for next day delivery, I'll also pay extra so I dont need to go through the hassle of building it myself.
I've done it before a couple of times and I dont personally find it much fun. If you dont either and the extra money isnt a concern, I'd go for it

A good deal is a good deal. If it's cheaper than the parts, parts can be added later.

I should say if it's cheaper than the parts you want from the build. No sense in buying things to pawn off to family repair jobs.

Prebuilts are fine, AMD is shit, Linux is useless as a daily driver.

Don't get memed by the pieces of shit here and elsewhere on the internet

after seeing this pre-built, I honestly regret my first and latest build. if you're in the market for a new desktop, this looks like a good one (yes, this has an i5 8400, yes there is actually a cheaper and build)
youtu.be/l77oZXU7liM

>1500X instead of 1600
>1050Ti instead of 1060
>One of the cheapest B350 boards
>Meme RAM (Probably 1200/2400 as well)
>Garbage SSD
>Likely garbage-tier power supply since it's not listed
>Still 1000 U$

It's not necessarily a trash build on its own, but for that price you can do better. The only quality component is the case.

They're fine, but make sure you pay attention to what motherboard and power supply and cpu cooler you're getting (along with all the normal stuff). Prebuilts often have shitty components for parts that don't get listed in the main 'specifications' list. Also see if you can find info about people's experience using the warranty.