Having internet speeds lower than 2 Gbps

>Having internet speeds lower than 2 Gbps

Explain yourselves.

And for those of you on multi gigabit internet, what city are you in? Philadelphia here

I live in a rather rural area in Virginia so thats my reason for 100 mbps internet

>100 mbps
That's not bad for the backwoods of Virginia

I rock a solid 128kbps.

100/50mbps for 7$
Could upgrade to 1Gbps for 20$ but I don't even need my current(cheapest) internet

I use 300/150 right now and I pay like 8 dollars for everything. I could upgrade to 1Gbps/500Mbps for 12 dollars but I find my current option way more than enough.

S-sorry senpai.

20$ 16mbps/1mbps unmetered with ad injection on http.

Austria. 50 mbp/s. I want to die. Or move to america. Maybe both.

what do you do with all that bandwidth?

20mbps down 4up in god damn motherfucking San Francisco
Fuck SFSU

i feel you bro, 60 bucks a month for 12Mbps down here...

>having 2Gbps internet
>using it with a shitty Thinkpad from 2010

>Austria
Just move o Romania if you want fast internet

It because capitalism works so well that even in the richest parts of the world, ISPs are allowed to keep people at low speeds while they make tons of money from it.

>Romania
>Gypsies
>Bucharest full of SJWs and rich city kids

Nothanks

Austria. 35/6 @ 40€ a month. With television.

Most sites are capped at 100mbit

Sup Forums isn't going to load any faster for example.

>Explain yourselves.
adslctl says based on line quality the maximum attainable speed is 8237kbit down, 407kbit up

I can get 10gbps but 500 mbps is more than enough for me

if the government didn't interfere there would be a gorillion municipal ISP's providing high-speed fibre.

Just sell cheap VPS hosting from your basement

That's a damn good question good sir. When I started my service, 150/150Mbps was the best that was offered, but I can't imagine that's still the case since it's FiOS. I have a feeling that if I check their current plans, 1Gbps will likely be the same price I'm already paying but you know if they can get away with giving me less bandwidth for the price due to me being on an obsolete plan.

>move to the US for better internet
Damn, your net must be really shitty if you consider US as an upgrade. Why not just move to an another euro country? I pay 15€ for 350 mbs/s in pooland.

I thought only Ameripoors had sub-Gbits speeds

Surely no first world country would do that

>mfw I move to philly soon

i can download in the speed of 1.5mb/s

what could you possibly download that uses that kind of bandwidth?

I mean if you were using 100% of that bandwidth 8 hours a day, you'd be downloading 8 terabytes a day. do you just reformat and start again the next day?

>Supposed to get 100mbps
>Gets only 6 because of shitty cables

>300 mbps for $18/month

I'm okay with this. Can't even be bothered to switch to 600 mbps for $5 more since I use my full bandwidth for maybe several hours a month.

DOWN: 2 mbps / UP: 1 mbps
> Intermittent down time
> if connection goes out on friday/weekend it's down until Monday
> ISP's contact number is an answering machine they never check
> it's the only ISP within 10 miles
> $40 a month

people in this thread bitching about how shitty their isp is doesn't even come close to mine.

>have 40/8 for 45 bucks
>couple hundred meters further, different municipality
>FTTH 1Gb for 65 bucks

same

The government doesn't do shit and lets the few "competitors" increase their local monopolies.

Because the max in Ireland went from 500mbps to 360mbps thanks to the fucking Brits

I live in an old building and I can't get a wired internet plan, so I'm stuck with 4G
>~$24/mo
>50GB cap
Shit sucks, at least upload speeds are decent

Romania capital sounds like a good place for a tech career, the potential corrupt government scares me though

Mine.

Do you know how to skin and gut a deer?

30MB american comcast user here
It's cancer.

that's probably against the TOS of the ISP, if you're running a server, they want a cut of your profits, paying a monthly fee is alright if you are using it for personal use but god damn if you run a server, they want IN on it.

no different from some mafia racketeering

I can shitpost here from my Tamagotchi using smoke signals ffs

I'm waiting for the fiber to reach my house. Should be here by February at the latest.

6 up/down (Mumbai)

Mine's worse.

Why would I move to a shithole like Poland for sub Gbps internet speeds when OP himself mentioned that those speeds are shit?

>AT&T
>Doesn't choose charter

1550 Mbps here, but of course i'm in a college dorm here in Western NY.

I heard that there are multiple ISPs down in the south (of all fucking places kek) offering 10+ Gbps internet for decent prices, so that might be a place to move after graduation.

85/10 in Belgium, Brussels. Almost nothing higher is available. I fucking hate it.

You know, for a country of our size, im impressed that there a lot of people living in the middle of nowhere who still enjoy speeds in the hundreds of Mbps. It also makes me wonder how many Euros who live in countries the size of a Texan backyard have such abysmal wired internet when the infrastructure costs should be much much lower for them than for a rural American/Canadian/Aussie.

How can a full fledged university's internet be that fucking shitty? There are fucking community colleges in my state with 800+ mbps internet, and most American uniposters on Sup Forums wont hesitate to brag about their gigabit speeds.

do you live in the middle of Alaska or what?

>thanks to the fucking Brits

explain

>tfw 70 Mbps down and 20 up
In my defense, i live in a small shithole desert town in Arizona.

I'm German and the internet here is fantastic. I have swedish friends who also say their internet is great.

That's my point, it should be since Germany is smaller than Montana yet has 83 million people. What makes me wonder is why i see disproportionately far more Americans on gigabit fiber here than Euros and Asians, even adjusting for the fact the vast majority of people here are American (and even taking into account Euro hours vs American posting hours)

>tfw paying $110/month for gigabit from fios
could be way worse
5g save us

i have 100mbit/s
why would i want more?
it loads 1080p compressed video. it's more than enough.

I really don't know. Especially given my location. Thankfully I can tether unlimited data though.

I'm in Canada. Our internet has been labeled third-world tier.

The funny thing about all of this is what while Aussies have wired internet speeds that would sicken the rest of us, they have superb mobile speeds thanks to their smartly erected mobile infrastructure.

I only get 150 - 200 Mbps mobile speeds when i'm near or in a big city here in the US east coast, whereas Aussies seem to enjoy consistent 250+ mbps mobile speeds.

paying $25 for glorious 4/0.5 adsl in hueland
life is suffering, especially when my neighbors have 100/10 for $35.

>ad injection
isn't that illegal?

I am a dumbass hick living in a flyover state

Nah, never 8 dollars for that connection? I pay for 120/6 mbps 30€ Where do you live?

100 mbps is enough for any kind of video streaming, and torrents already download fast enough, so I don't see the need for it right now.

Internet Speeds in Germany are great when you live near or in the city. But there are many places (a lot) where the speeds are shit. Because the isps won't upgrade. It's not profitable enough for them. Even with the funding of the government. You will see a lot of places where the speeds are still at 16mbps or even 6mbps

Not an excuse, there are multiple posters on Sup Forums in Kansas with gigabit DL speeds. and Kansas is as flyover as it gets desu.

I thought Kansas was one of the original places they put google fiber.

>4/0.5 adsl

user... the last time I had such speeds, it was 1999, and I didn't even live anywhere near a city.

>12.5 MBPS is enough

Go live in Europe with that dumbfuck mentality. If your internet speeds aren't giving your drive write speeds a run for their money, you're doing it wrong.

I'm not saying faster speeds shouldn't be available, just that I don't personally need them. I do live in Europe btw.

Christ

>paying $25 for glorious 4/0.5 adsl

>OldManTakeALookAtMyLifeImAlotLikeYouWere.png