In Portugal, a country with no net neutrality, internet providers are starting to split the net into packages

In Portugal, a country with no net neutrality, internet providers are starting to split the net into packages.
meo.pt/internet/internet-movel/telemovel/pacotes-com-telemovel

This is the future you chose.

>Portugal
So no one relevant

What are the packages? Cant read portushmease.

I-it won't happen here! Our providers are less jewish...
Retard.

This

>t.Poortuguese

>poortugal

lmao

Enjoy being in denial. Comcast and the others will start this kind of shit, the second net neutrality dies.

I saw this today. I'm fucking pissed. I hope ANACOM brings the hammer on these fuckers as soon as possible.

good. fuck the internet. nothing more than a leftist propaganda shithole at this point anyway

There is net neutrality in Portugal actually, it just doesnt ban zero rating

>get cheapest plan
>use vpn for everything

or do they block popular vpns too?

The point is you have a few MB datacap in the cheapest plans.

That's why people is pissed.

>Portugal, a country with no net neutrality

They are subject to the EU's net neutrality law.

Or should I say fake law?

>or do they block popular vpns too?

They block EVERYTHING that isn't in the "premium" package.

ie: you can watch Youtube and read Facebook, but not much else.
This is the future of the internet sadly.

This will be great for America. Finally it will be competitive again to start new ISPs. Nobody is dumb enough to pay for internet access without, you know, internet access. Unless you all are that dumb, which your not, right?

>internet providers are starting to split the net into packages
We already have that with facebook and youtube data plans on 4G
It's a lot cheaper and faster when you're using those packages. Most normies don't even browse more than 4 sites anyway. lmao

the fuck is that shilling, it's the fucking Portugal one thread was enough

>net neutrality was never put in effect

>thinking the u.s. has a free market
you're fucking retarded. don't you realize the current isps and cable companies have monopolies in their fiefdoms? they will simply deny access to any upstart provider.

Block it by fucking with the actual routing, or monitoring connections and injecting TCP resets or something, or just block it in their DNS resolver?

>They block EVERYTHING that isn't in the "premium" package.
>ie: you can watch Youtube and read Facebook, but not much else.
>This is the future of the internet sadly.

Holy shit if this costs like $5 a month, it'll be a perfect secondary internet service and I can just stop giving my wifi password to guests

Those are the low cost packages costing 5 euros a month and they not only enable poor people to have access to the most popular websites but are also perfect for companies. If you give your employees a phone with 4g and don't want them wasting that on funny memes or YouTube videos you can pay for the email and cloud package for example.
The normal service is still available at normal prices. The free market wins again.
You're like the faggots who complain about Ryanair not letting you take a 20kg luggage or serving you free food while ignoring low cost airlines have allowed millions of low income people to travel on holidays for the first time since commercial aviation became a thing and also entire cities on the Mediterranean have flourished thanks to the influx of those tourists who couldn't travel before.
BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS COMMIE BASTARD

give me ONE (1) reason why this is bad

if you want a better service you pay for it - the beauty of the free market is that the prices will adjust accordingly

communism is cancer

>This is the future of the internet sadly.
It certainly is heading that way, fast. Can we stop it from happening?

So how much data do you get with one €5 package?

>implying ANACOM does anything

>The normal service is still available at normal prices.

No one will read this. When did we become such a lib paradise

>10GB/mês adicionais

I guess 10GB, but only to be used on sites you've payed for.

You are correct, 10GB/month. Although the mere limit on bandwith is ridiculous already because ISPs don't pay any extra charges if you use 1GB or 100GB. Simply because measuring and charging over internet bandwith usage is unethical.

He'll probably just say that investors will pay to fight the legal battles to lay down the fiber.
Which will never happen because it's super high risk. Investing in buttcoin would be a better use of money.

>ron paul
>enabling free market capitalism in pro-net neutrality thread
this really is the future you chose