Jesus fucking christ

jesus fucking christ

Other urls found in this thread:

dailycaller.com/2017/07/26/1-million-illegal-immigrants-to-have-california-drivers-license-by-2018/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Note 8 replacement cost $250

S8 cost $220

>what is screen protector
it's like $5 on Ali

>tfw the screen costs more than my refurbished s7

You'd repair it if you could afford it.

>buy a skateboard
>fall and break a bone
>end up with hospital bill
>doctor suggests you wear protection
>"No it's too bulky and uncomfortable!"
>proceed to break bones every year for years on end

Are people who drop their phones, but don't use phone cases, clinically retarded?

>what is screen protector
Something that will do jack shit about dropping a phone.

You'll still buy it anyway

>Pay $800 for a phone
>Drop it

Try taking better care of your electronics?

>phone cases
>pay $900 for a status symbol whose main feature is design
>encase it in $20 worth of blocky plastic that you pay $60 for

>bones become stronger
What's the problem?

Last phone was samsung's previous year's flagship.
New phone last tuesday is an iphone.
I'm looking forward to NOT having no more security updates 18 months into a two year contract.

I've broken two on my OPO without breaking the screen itself. And yes those are chink shields I use. OPO chassis is so fucked up at this point screen would have broken more than twice.

fake news

>pay 30K for a car
>get in a fender bender
>"yeah that's gonna be twelve thousand dollars I'm afraid"

>get a fancy phone that looks nice

>cover this shit up with thick placebo glass so it looks like chink shit now

yeah no

>"""bezeless""" phone
>add bezels

>Apple's first OLED display phone
>low yield panels
>more expensive than other OLEDs to manufacturer
>costs a lot to replace

Wow I'm shocked.

Phones still look nice with a tempered glass protector. If you apply it right, which is really simple and easy, you can hardly tell it's on there.

it's a samsung panel

this this this this this

That's all I've noticed on the Note 8. People are all MUH BEZELES but then you don't know if its bezeless because it has a full body protector.

it's called a bevel you fucking bezzled bevel

as soon as the chinks start producing screens, which they will they have for all previous iphones, they make every single part and sell them the price will be much much more in line with the other iphones ie ~40$

>have to pay 280 bucks just so some smelly indian could disconnect a cable and plug in a new one

to make matters worse is that they are using binned old fab OLEDs from samsung. you know the galaxy s9 will have the brand new bleeding edge displays from new fab.

I honestly consider cases and glass protectors as the ultimate tell whether someone is a poorfag or not

you can save up and eventually buy the newest iphone, but if you can't actually enjoy it because you are so afraid of breaking it - this clearly means you are too poor to buy yourself another one if that happens

You forgot the retard tax

>press home to unlock
captcha related

also I swear that case owners are at least 75% women

aren't OLEDs inferior to ISP anyways?

do they even support the always on clock and notifications display?

That's the price you pay to make girls say Wow! and not Ew, an android...

meant IPS obviously

OLEDs are superior actually. Better contrast, colors, and battery life. and yes they do support always on display.

The downside to OLED is that once they get burn in it's permanent.

>The downside to OLED is that once they get burn in it's permanent.
Mura really isn't noticable

mura and burn in are two different things. if you have burn in on oled it is definitely noticeable on light backgrounds like settings or your web browser.

>Note 8 replacement cost $250

Can you at least do it yourself?

I plan to buy one but I don't want to deal with some Pajeet if I ever get a broken screen.

That's your opinion and I think it's stupid, frankly. You don't "enjoy" your device any less because there's a screen protector on it. In fact, I enjoy my phone a lot more knowing it has drop protection and the (expensive) stock display won't get micro scratches from all the random pieces of dust it comes on contact with every day. If you want to go caseless, hey it's your phone, but there is no negative QoL difference in having a tempered glass protector. Also wanting to protect your valuables doesn't make you a poorfag. Would you buy a sports car and not insure it? Would you roll around without wash and wax because you could buy a new one? Don't be ridiculous.

I think ISP is still brighter than OLED?

Brightness is important when you use your phone in the sun.

>>end up with hospital bill
You do know there is people also outside of your retarded country?

>buy $1000 phone
>have to modify it yourself to make it suitable for normal use

Really?
If screen protectors are so great why doesn't Apple put one on at the factory?

I'm happier and happier that I got a Blackberry Keyone instead of expensive toys

new OLEDs are just as bright as IPS. the issue with using OLED in the sun are dark backgrounds as the pixels stop illuminating while they keep illuminating on IPS.

>Also wanting to protect your valuables doesn't make you a poorfag. Would you buy a sports car and not insure it? Would you roll around without wash and wax because you could buy a new one? Don't be ridiculous.

That's my point, if you consider something worth less than 2k "valuable" you are a poorfag. I can understand trying to protect sport car because I work considerable amount of time in order to get that in first place and getting a new one would set me back a little financially. If you can sam same thing about a phone, you are obviously a poorfag.

Also would you also wear tempered glass on your patek philippe watch not to get it scratched?

Custom ROMs exist and Samsung devices are one of the most developer friendly ones.

Poor analogy. The PP&C watch would have a sapphire crystal glass, no need for scratch protection.

Anyone who does doesnt belong here

Fairly sure all pixels keep illuminating regardless of sunlight.

What happens is the pupils in your eyes contract when you're in a bright environment, making EVERYTHING appear darker including your screen.

>phone becomes stronger
Is this the new "put your iPhone underwater"

The newer Samsung phones are not developer friendly. Rooting a S8 limits your battery to 80% capacity, the exynos based Galaxy models have issues with custom ROMs, and they always come with locked bootloaders.

The angle you're trying to attack screen protectors from is ridiculous. Are you trying to RP as a rich, apathetic snob or something? If that's the life you live why are you even here discussing this with us on a Saturday? Don't you have a yacht party to be at something?

The benefits you get from screen protection for less than 5% of a high end devices cost are amazing. There is no reason not to have one but simply not giving a fuck. If you really don't give a fuck why discuss it on Sup Forums?

Pixels shut off on OLED when a black background is displayed. Combined with sunlight it makes the display harder to see than IPS.

LOL I don't pay anything cause I live in California where healthcare is free.

Personally speaking, everything else on your phone will go to shit before the screen. My old Samsung barely charged, the mic was busted,the OS was slow as shit, but the screen still looked crisp

Insuring luxuries like a sports car is a bad idea IMO.

I can expect to pay far more for the insurance than you ever get back.
For the same money you'd spend on insurance you could buy a new sports car every 10 years or so.

Only insure things you:
A) can't live without
B) can't re-buy yourself using your savings.

thats way cheaper than we're charging
also the note 5 is more expensive than that

That makes no sense.

Just because the black pixels are off doesn't make all the other pixels less visible.
To the contrary in fact.

Well insuring vehicles is the law in the United States and it's not just for your car, but to keep from getting your ass sued into bankruptcy if you cause an accident and hurt someone.

>Custom ROMs exist and Samsung devices are one of the most developer friendly ones.

>Samsung also added a few more limitations on the device to dissuade users from trying out such hacks, such as limiting battery charging to 80%
>trips knox flag. It means apps such as Samsung Pay, Samsung Health and Secure Folder will stop working even if they flash back the stock firmware.

Bitch, how does a phone with a hardware-level flag that flips if you flash your phone even remotely mean "developer friendly". Literally, flash your phone and NEVER have warranty again. It's been like this since the Note 3 IIRC. So idk where you're getting this idea of Samsung being "developer friendly".

black elements turn off certain pixels on the screen = less light coming from the screen = bad time in sunlight

Not free. You pay for it many times over with your outrageously high taxes.

Fine by me. I don't mind subsidizing someone else's surgery/etc because they also got my back whenever I need to go to the hospital.

What? user you know what happens when bone tissue repairs itself right?

>I don't mind subsidizing someone else's surgery/etc because they also got my back whenever I need to go to the hospital.
Most of Cali doesn't pay taxes

Yeah, it's never the same again.

>t. swimmer that broke their leg and still gets dull pain 5 years after the fact when i kick

I replaced the motherboard on my S7 Edge myself (dude hardryer ungluing lmao). Cost around 120$ for my model. Also ordered a proper back plate glue so it's water resistant again. A quick glance suggests screen is like 180$. Expensive fuckers, who gives a fuck about such high res and so much color on a tiny fucking phone anyway. The dumb phoneposters are behind this jewry.

Would love to see whatever source you have on that. Still doesn't change my opinion.

>they also got my back
don't think the average LA undocumented migrant has got your back friend

meant for

Hollywood and Silicon Valley are infamous tax cheats

Furthermore:
dailycaller.com/2017/07/26/1-million-illegal-immigrants-to-have-california-drivers-license-by-2018/
These are just the ones who have a driver's license, there are a lot more illegals, and no illegals pay taxes, apart from maybe sales tax.

>Rooting voids warranty
Is this a thing anywhere other than the US? You can unroot many devices too and reset counters. Up to S5, they were developer friendly.

Sure, but SV and Hollywood still account for something like 30-40% of overall tax income. Should they be paying more? Absolutely. But they're not avoiding it alltogther.

And even by aggressive estimations, 2.5 million undocumented immigrants from the total 40 million population is half a percent of the population. You'll have abuse in any system, doesn't mean we should stop doing just because 0.5% people aren't paying their fair share.

>OLED display
>light backgrounds
You're doing it wrong. The power savings of OLED displays are only fully realized if you use BLACK backgrounds.

There's a whole lot of valid criticism of mobile accessories, but really nigger?

Why would apple try to prolong the life of their products? If the goyim break their phone they will often enough buy a new one.

If the color black is being displayed, then there should be no light coming from it. Having light coming from black = washed out.

A washed out display is harder to see, not easier.

The white parts are still putting out as much light as ever, so there is greater contrast. That means better visibility under ANY lighting conditions.

>such as Samsung Pay, Samsung Health and Secure Folder will stop workin
How is that not a feature?

Please tell me nobody actually uses all those proprietary manufacturer bloatware apps....

>decide to use your phone as if you own it
>phone restricts your ability to actually use it
>HA ITS A FEATURE

Spoken like a true Samcuck. Literally worse than Apple. At least you can restore your jailbreak and still get warranty.

It shouldn't be a problem. All iPhone owners are rich people with Bentleys and RRs.

>2.5 out of 40 is 0.5%
maybe california should invest in education

You're right, I fucked the math up. It's ~6%. Still small.

Goddamn that fucking notch just looks more hideous with each passing week. The bar on the bottom isn't helping either.

As for the story. It's a nothing burger. Don't know why people are surprised the screen on the iNotch X will be expensive as hell.

you are a poorfag, someone who has money doesnt give a shit about resell value of his piece of shit iPhone. I wont even sell my old one I will probably run over it with my car for the lulz and record it. Or make a meme thread on Sup Forums about what I should do with it.

Who honestly cares about a few hundred bucks ? You can spend that kinda money in a single day or weekend if you go drinking.

>for the cost of the phone screen you can buy a 1440p 27" IPS monitor

not that user but rich people dont always go to yacht parties or social stuff all the time. actually it's not all that great growing up rich because your parents are always away and busy and expect you to get good grades and ace everything in life or they are disappointed. so I spend quite a bit of my time sitting alone at home hating my life, playing vidya and studying. Sure I have a gf but I am 99% sure she is just with me because she knows I will buy her the new iPhone for her birthday and she is too poor to get it otherwise. the sex is decent but I just feel like a lifeless husk when everybody who "likes" you just wants you to buy them shit. I hate going to parties with regular people my age because they always expect me to pay their shit for them, they might not outright say it but I know they think that I am supposed to since I have money. I honestly prefer Sup Forums to the real world because atleast here we are all equal.

Even if you use that argument. If money is no object to you, then you can have some guy put a screen protector on it before you even take it home. Even if you can afford to buy a new one, why go through the trouble when you can have someone put a screen protector on for your pocket change's pocket change with no effort and several benefits? I think you're doubling down on your stupidity. I've already thoroughly addressed the "poorfag" argument and yet you reiterate it? Why?

I hope the braindead android vendors at least don't copy this shit from apple. Literally have no advantage for anyone.

>Drop phone a billion times
>Still fine because it isn't appleshit

>2017
>not making a fortune with replacing glasses in iphones

Have you ever actually broken anything?
Perhaps controlled damage to specific places can be beneficial, like those nutters do in muay thai, but the vast majority of cases will leave you worse off than you ever were.
Those kinds of injuries stay with you for years, if not your whole life.

this gif is fake af, there is no way they did it like that.

paypal me shitlord

Can't you just turn the phone the other way to avoid this?

we're not.
you're retarded for example

I dont remember my galaxy s7 being easy to root

>You're using it wrong

>own 20 dollar phone
>can still make phone calls and shitpost
>smash it as hard as you want with a sledgehammer and dissolve it in acid
>$20 repair bill and everything is brand new

Is there a finance option for repairs? I've still got 12 payments left on my phone, so $280 all at once would really hurt.

see this is the beauty of Sup Forums nobody believes you anyway when you say you are not a total reject and have money. and in the next thread I am just a random user and you guys have no way of knowing if I am a rich white guy or a gay black furry jew. just wanna say there are probably quite a few people on Sup Forums that have even more money than my parents, there are god knows how many people who visit this site daily. it's really stupid to think there are no rich people here especially since there are also many rich dudes with mental issues.