Tube headamps. Placebo or no?

Tube headamps. Placebo or no?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lVdWxKZVYC0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tubes are objectively inferior to solid state amps as they distort the sound, that's what makes them "warm". Even then, the difference isn't as massive as some "audiophiles" would have you believe. Just save your money and buy a mid-range solid state amp or a DAC/amp combo.

Also, it's very very VERY important to note that you don't want to overspend on your DAC. Any standalone DAC over $250 is a waste of money, you absolutely can not objectively tell the difference between a mid range and high end amp.

Tube amps add distortion to the sound, some people like this
Considering they have a measurable effect which can be perceived on a blind test, they're not placebo

Is there any point on buying a balanced dac?

Tube amps are fun to dick around with because tube rolling can change the sound signature and the distortion profiles are considered pleasing.

>Tube amps add distortion to the sound, some people like this
In fact, before Hi Fi, people used to prefer "mellow tone" amps and speakers as easier to listen to.
"Mellow tone" meant almost no treble or bass.

>tfw tons of companies making decent affordable tube headphone amps, but no good choices for driving speakers

>no good choices for driving speakers
A restored dynaco st-70 is $500
Magnavox el84 console amps restored can be had for $200
Most chifi amps are ***okay*** as long as you do your research. Yaqin comes to mind.

Of course, this depends on your personal speaker load. What do you plan on running?

>Tubes are objectively inferior to solid state amps as they distort the sound, that's what makes them "warm". Even then, the difference isn't as massive as some "audiophiles" would have you believe. Just save your money and buy a mid-range solid state amp or a DAC/amp combo.
totally correct

No they aren’t “placebo” that add a different sound, some people like this change from solid state

Most decent headphone tube amps are actually transparent mostly except for the output impedance. There's no reason to buy them for supposed sound quality characteristics. They're overpriced.

this

what exactly is wrong with my response? It's the truth as to why tubes are still a thing, and I use solid state equipment personally.

if it sounds better its not inferior

I spent ~ $5000 on Ragnarok and Gunrig Multibit. The difference compared to Schiit stack is insane. Some people are just born with superior perception of sound which you unfortunately don't have.

this is what the most far-gone audiophiles actually tell themselves to justify this shit. you cant make this up

I no longer listen to music. I perceive sound quality. Sometimes I just stare at the wall and let go to be embraced by the high quality of sound that i'm being aware of.

Came here to say this. Thanks for beating me to it.

you're not a true audiophile if you still listen to music, now all i do is watch the oscilloscope go as a moving art piece of visual sound, not hampered anymore by a flawed medium as headphones and speakers are

go ahead and get some decorative glowing tubes if you like the look them them, but don't fool yourself into thinking they improve anything

I don't mind my setup but as of late I've been more keen on my Dragonfly Red and Shure SE846s without the tube amp.

Damn dawg, tip them headphones harder.

> Implying that eyes can process sound in a visual waveform faster than ears.

Mmmmm, that bait so tasty

buzzwords

youtube.com/watch?v=lVdWxKZVYC0
>not watching your audio on an oscope

What hp stand is that?

>tfw you don't just hear music anymore, but it envelops your soul.
>tfw vibrational perfection melds its energy with you and together you become a higher being.
Audioplebs will never understand.

post cool looking amps

Something I found on eBay years ago from a UK seller. Believe it is a simple clone of the STAX headphone stand made of teak wood. Better color tho as it better matches my headphones. Super well built.

inside

>he doesn't experience from within a sensory deprivation tank
fucking midfiers

thanks

they're not a placebo they actually distort the sound

Take the ugly ass signature logo off the head and it's pretty cool. I wouldn't get the 2 tone cab though.

>tubes
>veilheiser

For people with more money than sense. Cool nonetheless.