Is there a worse brand? Especially for laptops and prebuilts? Maybe Lenovo?

Is there a worse brand? Especially for laptops and prebuilts? Maybe Lenovo?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=osSMJRyxG0k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

hp, obviously
I'm surprised you need to ask

Their phone are trash ...

What;s wrong with HP, their laptops last me at least 6 months?

wait a minute...
that logo...

Intel is doing illegal business practices and they still haven't paid their multi-billion dollar fines yet

intel = worse than Hitler

youtube.com/watch?v=osSMJRyxG0k

Ok thanks, I guess. What does that have to do with acer?

Acer is not bad by itself. If you campare them in the same price bracket, they are pretty decent.

HP is just shit in their lower end. And Lenovo is shit all around.

jade

Toshiba
>Shit build
>Shit battery
>Shit keyboard

>supporting taiwan independence
Into the trash it goes.

a backwards c to a d is a long stretch.

>tfw bought an acer that was recommended to me by reddit

which one. there are a few good acer models

Predator G3

I once bought a cheap acer mini tower. The specs weren't great(even for the time) but it served me for years in misc. tasks.

Don't regret the purchase, although any brand(or custom build) would have worked. The only experience I've had with acer.

Delete this

My mom's got an Acer CB5-311 Chromebook. Seems well built, works just fine. The screen is a shit quality TN, but it's 1080 so OK for the crazy low price.

acer actually makes decent business-class monitors
their machines are pure shit though.
also, "maybe lenovo" is obvious bait, try harder

Was it one of this aspire thin towers?
Can you gut them? The main issue is the fan has broken for me, so I'm thinking about taking everything out and putting it in a big desktop box

HP makes decent midrange laptops and desktops

Acer is actually pretty decent. They're not high tier, but they're 'reasonable enough' tier. Like anything though it depends on the model and some will just not be good.

I don't really remember what it was called, and I'm not really sure what I did with it.

Some quad core AMD, 4GB DDR2. Although aspire sounds familiar.

Never really had heating problems, that thing was turned on over half a year without any issues.

>Lenovo
>bait
Enjoy your yogabook

I did open it several times for cleaning, and yeah you could do whatever you want with the components, although there's 0 room in the case.

Although from what I remember, due to the small form the HDD was in a very awkward place. I think I had to remove the CD drive to get to it.

If you pull all that shit out, you don't need to deal the tiny case anymore and it's just regular stuff.

You get what you pay for, OP.
>mfw so much empty space in a uncle's recent Acer laptop
At least it was easy to repair, but holy fuck was that some lazy design.
The mobo was about the size of a mITX board, with ribbon cables going all the way to the other side to connect to USB/headphone daughterboards.

I have pic related and I am perfectly happy with it. It did put an SSD in it, so it runs quite snappy. Obviously it’s made of plastic, given how this is one of their cheapest laptops, but that’s not an issue for me.

When you say cheap, how cheap was it?

>4GB RAM
>Celeron
>1366x768
>DVD drive on a laptop in 2017

I'll admit, comfyview sounds legit but otherwise I wanna say get off Sup Forums

>not supporting Taiwan independence
They have train girls

Pic related

Do you have a smaller image? Or is this fullscreen on your acer craptop?

literally first image in google search

Their DVD drives have m-disc support, though.

Nice computer bikes

>support taiwanese independence
>not supporting taiwan ousting the mainland government from power

I'm not really that familiar with taiwanese politics, what exactly makes their ramen better or worst than japan's?

I got an Acer Switch and I'm fairly happy with it, considering it cost me chump change.

>at least 6 months

I have a probook from 7 years and it's still my primary machine

No. Acer is the worst.

OP asked if there is a worse brand related to laptops and computers. Intel comes very close.

MSI makes great products and it's a good brand to use when it's gaming time.

Just a tip, laptop screens are standard parts that are as easy to change as a HDD or a RAM-stick. A 1080p IPS will cost you about $50+shipping (if you order directly from China). It's absolutely worth it if you're using a laptop regularly. What annoys me the most about this is that companies sell pretty expensive laptops with TN panels on them. If you want to sell me a 999$ laptop then it's surely possible to spend perhaps $20 extra to make sure it's got a IPS instead of a shitty TN?

it looks like a capital D you baka

>Intel comes very close.
Intel makes consumer laptops and/or prebuilts?

are nucs essentially prebuilts?

msi is BASED and redpilled

>intel == jews
>jews are worse than Hitler
Makes sense. Not that Hitler was bad, though.

>DVD drive
So here's why that could be a really good thing:

> buy lenovo laptop without DVD drive
> hole for DVD drive and piece of plastic filling it because these models can optionally have DVD drive
> decide to fill that empty space with a second HDD
> open it up just to make sure before ordering a standard DVD to HDD bracket
> find that Lenovo laptops has a non-standard RIBBON CABLE connector on the motherboard which is connected to a small "ODD board" with a SATA/power connector on it and that laptops that are sold without DVD drives also do not have this ODD board
It's possible to buy these ODD board parts for some older Lenovo laptops so I've considered that - but according to the repair manual it's a whole lot of taking things apart required to install it.

I guess so. Are those things any good for the price?

>reddit
What did you expect?

No idea. Never used one but the idea of a small footprint PC using a power-efficient laptop SKU seems pretty neat.

Around $299. But I live in Hungary, so it’s not really comparable to USA prices.

Here is a speccy of all my computers, please let me stay on Sup Forums, oh great one.

Re-read OP. Here's what it says but re-read the whole OP anyway,

> Is there a worse brand?
Intel is very clearly a brand. They don't make consumer laptops. They do make prebuilds. They don't make hamburgers. McDonalds does make hamburgers but they do to make laptops or pre-prebuilds. McDonalds is still a brand even though they don't make laptops.

NUCs aren't good in any respects at all _except_ for size. Price is higher, performance is worse and you can't expand or do much at all. If you want something that's small and light that you can slam on the back of your monitor (some can be fastened to VESA mounts) then it's a great choice.

He probably just bought a cheap laptop as some sort of stopgap measure. Nigga probably just wanted to type stuff up or browse some websites on the go so spending on anything more probably wasn't necessary.

Yes but there's that "especially" part to it as well, so that we're discuss laptops and prebuilts, not hamburgers or the odd shit a microprocessor company shits out.

they know
shut it down

Nothing wrong with their laptops. Overheating problems happen within a few years though.

They should never overheat though

I've heard Gigabyte laptops are infamous for bloated batteries.

What's wrong with Lenovo?

Acer is the worse for laptops. The build quality and quality control is disastrous from flimsy palm rests to cracked mounting screws for the internal cooling solution I've seen it all with Acer.

FPBP
/thread

I've had an ACER laptop since 2012 that works fine.

this little thing was GOAT and I'm sure it'd still run well today

I agree, but I also found that they have one of the best trackpads I've ever used. So there's that.

This. HP anything for consumers is trash.