What's the shortest domain you own?

What's the shortest domain you own?

When will we run out of 4-character .COMs? (All the 4-letters are already gone, of course...)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gl89A2iu8uE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i thought i'd check this out, so i could contradict you. opened a new tab and typed the first stupid thing i could think of - since i just came from Sup Forums, i typed "pene.com" into the address bar.

IDM prompted me to download a video. i did. what the fuck have i done?

preview for some film called "south32". Jaime Lannister is a detective in it.

What's stopping someone from hosting their own website with a url that is already taken?

I own a.com

x.com is better

The registrar, and in turn the DNS system.

If you make your own DNS you can make your site whatever the fuck you want, but nobody else will be able to get to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gl89A2iu8uE

The shortest domain I own is 6 characters, including the dot and the TLD (not including the trailing dot, if you're being pedantic).

Pene is dick in Italian

>you own
You mean rent.

Penedict

My shortest is four letters before the tld. Its my name.

I own an llnl.com (l=letter, n=number for those not familiar). Not particularly remarkable, there are lots of those... I wanted something short so I could type it quickly, but also using a normal TLD so it will index nicely if I need it to.

I use it for miscellaneous bullshittery. Currently there are no public services on the root domain.

I also own firstmiddlelast.com, but my name is fairly long so it ends up at 19 characters before the .com. Too long for most things.

I own a lllll.tv domain. Saw it in a youtube red show, it was unreg'd, brought it for shits n gigs.

im a noob to this...

why cant they own it?

how much did it cost to purchase? how much does it cost to maintain ownership?

There are no extra fees for domain length

well how much does it cost in general?

I found a 2-letter domain on a 2-letter GTLD, but it's owned by one of those companies that buys domains in bulk.
I offered them $100 but they haven't accepted my offer.

Depends on the registrar... Try googling.

wtf is a registrar

I paid $11.05 recently for a private .com registration incl a 1 year SSL cert. The renewal cost for subsequent years will probably be a few more dollars, since they usually offer a discount on the first year.

This was with namecheap but it's a fairly typical price.

You have to re-buy domains ever year or they expire and go to someone else.

This is more commonly known as renting.

do emoji domain names count?

See pic attached. That's in NZD, too.
I probably paid too much but I was high at the time and didn't give a fuck.

is there anything to keep the price from spiking? if Im paying $20/yr, is there anything to stop them from jacking the price up to $500 the following year?

whats the difference between the top and the bottom?

The bottom is whois protection.
Instead of anyone being able to look up his dox, it shows some random protection company.

is there anyway to actually own the domain?

Need help selling a 7 digit .com site. any suggestions?

by being the registrar for said domain

How much does that cost?

Yeah I have a registrar, Godaddy 2 years renewal even has Domain ownership plan for a year and Private domain registration for 2 years . 7 digits and a .com for like less than $500 but still no luck

>Domain ownership plan for a year
huh? how can you own it forever?

You renew it. Depends on the amount of years you wanna keep it. If you say 5 years renewal you pay a fee every 5 years

My .im is about 15 pounds a year from gandi.