How can Italians live with not being able to speak English in the Internet era...

How can Italians live with not being able to speak English in the Internet era? I can understand those who only speak Spanish, since that's a really common language, but Italian is only spoken in one single country, where only a bit less than half the population uses the internet, and they don't seem to be as techy as for example Germany. How much content in Italian can there be?

Non capisco

>ci sono italiani?

Most Italians are old people, and they used to teach French instead of English in schools until 20-30 years ago

We do produce some movies (we have aassive film studio called Cinecittà, for example), but all foreign movies worth anything are dubbed in Italian, so we have access to the same things you do, only in our own language.

There are also Italian internet sites, there are no foreign immigrants, we dont need to travel abroad because our country is already beautiful and varied and has an economy that's versatile enough for you to work with whatever you want without leaving the country.

Also, they don't really teach English in school.

>Also, they don't really teach English in school.

What

>There are also Italian internet sites
Yeah, but how much content in Italian could there possibly be?

Do you know anyone who speaks proper English here? Did your teacher speak proper English?

More than Swedish. That much I can tell you.

>has an economy that's versatile enough for you to work with whatever you want without leaving the country.

Still can't be much.

It is the only field we might be lacking in. Aerospace, cars, ships, electronics, defense, food, clothing, pharmaceuticals, financial services, people bloc services, archeology, cinema, etc. etc. etc. We're not a small country with nothing but oil and one mediocre furniture store, like Sweden. There is a lot of stuff to do here

Ahahahahahah fuck I had a good laugh.

>Do you know anyone who speaks proper English here?

Umm yeah, basically all Italian posters here do.

Ma non ruzzare le mele, sgrullapalle

zitto animale

>How much content in Italian can there be?
A lot since we dub everything, basically it's because most people in italy are old as fuck, studied french instead of english and live in their own bubble with no internet

Callate, perro

Because Italians willing to learn already moved to the US.

>dubbed

Chitón animal.

Studia, capra capra capra capra!

Italian dubs are quite good, actually

>but all foreign movies worth anything are dubbed in Italian
I'm so sorry.

Why, if you speak english you can just watch them in english and some dubs are better than the original in my opinion

The problem is content doesn't matter anymore, the Internet doesn't work like it used to 10 years ago.
Now there are "hubs" for everything, people only visit certain sites (facebook, newspaper, google, wikipedia etc.), there's no incentive to actually go out and do all the things you're doing for the average person, because they just don't care.
In sorts you can say it's more centralized than what it used to be for the average person on the internet, so content doesn't matter as much as it used to, so learning another language to access the content is worth less than what it used to.

It'll still be important to some though, and those people will still have the same progress of learning the language as others did.

There's 85 or so million Italian speakers. They're relevant enough to have their own cultural and social resources in their own language.

Same thing here. There are spanish-speaking immigrants thought, but usually there are forums, web sites, and a complete "Spain internet" out there.

And basically all media is dubbed into castilian spanish (and dubbing is ok, fuck the non-dubbing hipsters)

So the only REAL need for english if you're a spaniard is travelling outside the spanish speaking world.

If you're going to live in Spain, english is an irrelevant language that you'll never use or need. Hence why most of people don't learn it.

Indeed, the average citizien without a job that requires international stuff, is pretty much ok even if he doesn't know english.

This english is absolutely necessary meme is so fucking stupid, no wonder only cucky scandis fell for the anglo trap, enjoy your americanized cultureless shitholes, swedecuck niggers

>I watch dubs

> He reads movies