How to remove cortana windows 10?

What am I doing wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Uk9BRrRJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cortana is an "integral" part of the windows 10 OS it cannot be disabled, only limited. Also, use gpedit not regedit.

And for the love of fuck, shove shit like this into /sqg/ you man loving fruit.

>I'm too retarded to know what AppLocker is.

>How to remove cortana windows 10?

If you remove Windows 10 Cortana should leave with it. If not you have a problem.

>Thinks AppLocker will disable Windows 10 botnet.

Cortana will still listen to you, it just won't provide anything useful. It is hardcoded into the OS. Just in the same way that it's impossible to block windows servers on Windows 10 even in the host file. Windows 10 will just ignore such blocks.

It does.
It just has a different name.

Install GNU+Linux
or that windows 10 lgbt thing that is shilled here

You're using Windows.

>we it have this particular problem
>pay no attention to the problems we do have

I installed ubuntu the other day but blender didn't detect my nvidia gpu no matter what I did. Also I like gaming and I don't know how to run games like age of empires 2 hd on linux.

Help me Sup Forums

Install WINE.

what about blender?

Make sure you're using the built in driver installer. Switch to the foss xorg drivers, reboot, back to nvidia

ok then what flavor of linux should I choose?

What about it?

install gentoo

i-i mean the problem of blender not detecting my gpu on ubuntu

Maybe it will in WINE.

I'm using kubuntu personally but I didn't say to change the os?

well... I deleted windows 10 and installed ubuntu, then I disliked the experience and here I'm again in botnet 10

Use the Debloat-Windows10.ps1 powershell script, removes cortana and a bunch of other botnet shit: pastebin.com/Uk9BRrRJ

Make sure you search for "remove all listed apps" and edit the part under it to stop it removing any apps you want to keep though

I could not get Windows 10 Enterprise 1709 to work with Applocker though. The restrictions I set up was not put to effect even though they were enforced. The service does not 'trigger start' from manual(Win 10 no longer allows that service to be automatic otherwise all modern ui stuff breaks)

>Just in the same way that it's impossible to block windows servers on Windows 10 even in the host file. Windows 10 will just ignore such blocks.
Nice FUD, any kid with a HTTP debugger can see HOSTS file blocks work fine. I've yet to see any source prove otherwise

>What am I doing wrong?
You're using Windows 10.

Like this.
If you see Cortana in the task manager that's just what search is called now.
Actual Cortana functionality will be disabled.

>any kid with a HTTP debugger can see HOSTS file blocks work fine

It does not work, it is a security feature.These are the hardcoded DNS domain names that will resolve to their proper IP addresses regardless of what you put into the HOSTS file:

www.msdn.com
msdn.com
www.msn.com
msn.com
go.microsoft.com
msdn.microsoft.com
office.microsoft.com
microsoftupdate.microsoft.com
wustats.microsoft.com
support.microsoft.com
www.microsoft.com
microsoft.com
update.microsoft.com
download.microsoft.com
microsoftupdate.com
windowsupdate.com
windowsupdate.microsoft.com

These FDQNs are hardcoded in the following DLL:

%WINDIR%\system32\dnsapi.dll

That's been a thing since XP days though, the guy I replied to was trying to imply Win10 is the only one that blocks windows servers.

Pretty sure he was talking about the telemetry stuff too, which like I said is simple to confirm gets blocked since they use different hostnames for that which aren't in dnsapi.dll (vortex.data.microsoft.com etc)

Pic related, telemetry being blocked by redirecting that vortex domain, normally it'd just fail to connect but I'm running a https server which is returning the bad request stuff.

Give kubuntu a shot.

And just to confirm for any doubters, pic related is when I disable that https server.

Hell their telemetry stuff even respects the system-wide proxy settings (which is how fiddler is capturing the traffic), so it's obviously not even close to this impossible-to-block meme people are always spouting.

>not blocking at the router level

retard.

install ltsb

Blocking at the router would work, I assume. But it would also cripple your windows and make it exposed to any security flaws that happen after you block those servers. They have made sure that it's not practically possible to do it. You would also need to live with constant popups and so on.When it notices that it can't log on while you are on the internet. It will try different things like forcibly restarting regularly after a while on top of nagging popups.

If you look in your router it still connects even if it says that it does not connect. It still connects, it's just superficial.

>It still connects, it's just superficial.
Yeah maybe, but it's not sending data, you can see in the pic at that it's still trying to send out 2 day old reports.
I'd guess they probably have a 2-day rolling event log kinda thing where it keeps trying to send out logs that failed to upload.

Theres some scipt on the internet that uninstalls cortana and kills the whole startmenu search with it.
Cortana reapeared with the 1709 upgrade and the script dosnt work any more. Disabling cortana in gpedit also doesnt seem to do anything.

or you could kill the process then add .bak extension to cortana folder in windows sysapps
also using unlocker is easier

compared to windows 10, how privacy invasive is windows 8.1?

ltsb