Why do people hate on minimalistic design? I love it, it looks slick fast and clean...

Why do people hate on minimalistic design? I love it, it looks slick fast and clean. Much better than whatever we had in the 90's or even a bit after, i cringe when i go back to Vista Windows 8 and 10 look fucking awesome and much better than the previous versions.

Other urls found in this thread:

uxstyle.com/
actrons.info/ame.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You don't know the pain.

>LOVE minimalism
>love win 8/8.1/10 flat theme
>still on windows 7 because 8/8.1/10 have their problems or are shit
>stuck in skeuomorphism hell

I actually went to win 10 because i got bored of 7. I am of the idea that 7 gets as many information as 10 from you so i don't really care about it.

I might switch if someone achieves stripping w10 of its bullshit and blocking the spying.

your wrong

Only freetards hate minimalistic design, in other words, 98% of Sup Forums.

Because there's no one "minimalistic" design. Plenty of shitty ones though.

minimal design == good
minimal features == bad

there is nothing minimalistic about your pic, though.

Minimalistic is king.

>more than 2 different colors

Do you even minimalism?

??

Terminal is as minimal as it gets, people use it all the time.

>modifying critical system files

No thanks, mr. julia.

>be offered a solution
>"I don't like the solution"
Suffer then.

yeah because having settings and control panel as two separate programs is so minimalist

Nothing modified in system. UxStyle patches in RAM. Leaves the files on disk intact. The system passes the sfc /scannow
uxstyle.com/

Are you cute irl?

And with transparency support!

post pucci

It's a meme. It looked good when it was unique. Now everything fucking app is "minimal" and it doesn't stand out. It's just a codeword for lack of features/good stuff hidden away inconveniently.

That's your opinion.

With minimalistic design sometimes I find it harder to navigate through UIs, as they often lack borders or separators, they lack colors that can be easily identified with something specific as well. Modern interfaces also tend to use plain black and white, while they use dull colors.

The interface in Windows 10 is generally not good to look at. Windows 3.1 doesn't look that amazing and yet it's fairly similar, just with higher resolutions and antialiased fonts (which by the way suck a fair bit, the font rendering in Windows remains worse than Linux/macOS to this day).

Also this general thing where they put the same colors for 20 different icons, very undefined shapes and such, does make things slower as well. It's the difference between a decent icon pack on android and a really terrible one. You'll find icon packs that are aesthetically "pleasing" until you have to find your way through the applications menu to find what you want because most of it looks the goddamn same.

When you can just glance over things and identify them it's good. Otherwise it's not. It's like some buttons nowadays, only with words. I'm not going to click on a goddamn word, there's a button there but it's pretty much hidden away because of "minimalism". A plain white page with barely any options or content is not good.

You navigate not by icons but by text you monkey. If you want to go to the control panel you search for "control panel" not search for its icon.

because it's usually done with the touchscreens in mind. There's nothing wrong with minimalism in itself

So then, why not remove icons altogether? Modern design on Windows favors icons over text, even. They put these nice tiles in front of you with a purpose.

But that's a nice argument.
>X with this particular design is wrong
>Then don't use X at all

Perhaps the same reason people hate on minimalist (modernist) architecture. Lookin "sleek" is nothing compared to looking beautiful.

I like minimalistic UIs; I think they're aesthetically pleasing and I have no problems working with them. However, I feel like minimalism assumes that users will intuitively know what certain symbols mean, how to navigate pages/menus, etc

Did the UI for an in-house app for the company I worked at, where the employees are mostly dudes aged 40 and up. People started complaining that they couldn't find the menu, and I realized I fucked up when I assumed everyone knew "hamburger icon = menu"

I also love minimalistic design, but for me that mean that you get rid of bloat such as window titles/buttons, task bars, GUIs and so on.
I use it not because it is "nice to look at" just because I do not want to look at any of it.

Windows (especially 10) is also one of the least minimalist things there is the UI is so full of garbage and bloat that calling it "minimalist" is an insult to anything which actually is minialistic.

That truly is beautiful, detailed to the smallest thing.

Color banding

Minimalistic design is great.
Flat design is neither minimalistic, nor great.
Especially the way it is done nowadays (which is the ultimate cancer)

I like high information density and modern minimalistic design is all about reducing information density. I have a powerful general-purpose computer in front of me, I don't want the interface trying to kneecap me by hiding things behind empty space.

get LTSB and install spybot anti-beacon

>Why do people hate on minimalistic design?
they don't

minimalism is trendy right now you dumb cunt

I'm not the fa/g/ you're replying to, but you're right and it makes perfect since as to why it's so appealing to us. It gives the hint of what's there using as little shape and color as possible. It provides just enough for the brain to extrapolate using common knowledge and expectations of what should be given the context.

Just like all of western society. Moral structure justified through proxy of some public figure or form of entertainment, suggestions of social relevance through carefully constructed profiles online, physical dressings that emulate those of better or more influential people, and presenting financial stability of royal levels while being worth less than the debt accrued producing the desired image.

You think there's so much more. Your brain knows that there's so much behind it. There isn't. It's just some strategically placed thin colored lines in front of a void.

Remember to smile when your picture is taken.

you're a tool lol

you can disable most of it in services

actrons.info/ame.html

idk i can't fuckin stand it
everything looks like a goddamn children's book
the only reason it's so ubiquitous is because it's cost-efficient and takes virtually no artistic talent whatsoever to churn out
Minimalism is beautiful to look at when hard-working, well-rounded artists with 50 years of experience decide to experiment with it. When some 20 year old 'creative' sits down on her software suite to fart out some flat colors and random shapes it looks like uninspired shit.

Why does Yuyliay(Muhammad ((male))) post as Femanon?

well OP everybody doesn't like what you like, get over it.

btw does anybody know what pic related is called? You can see a lot of layers and it looks ugly, it's mostly common in sunset photos

it' looks cheap, unprofessional & poorly designed

banding