What kind of speakers do you have Sup Forums?

what kind of speakers do you have Sup Forums?

are you looking to upgrade? why?

I have some logitech z313's that ive had for about 7 years now. ive been looking to upgrade for about a year now, but i dont know anything about audio so i dont even know what to look for.i was looking at either the Edifier R1280T's or the Logitech Z623's.

I've had the Bose Companion 2.1 for 11 years, I got them as a bday present. I had replaced the satellite speakers with the slightly newer models cause one coil blew.

Talk shit on Bose all you want, the subwoofer is powerful as hell, I have it turned down to a quarter power, and its nice. Half and its a bit too much for an apartment, and full is full blown nigger bass.

Aside from dedicated bookshelf speakers, I have never heard better sounding PC speakers.

get a pair of active studio speakers like mackie cr4/cr3 or M-Audio AV42 or Yamaha HS series if you have the budget

>Aside from dedicated bookshelf speakers, I have never heard better sounding PC speakers.
Because you have never listened to any speakers worth shit.
Making loud noises doesn't mean something sounds good, Tyrone.

As far as shitty retard computer speakers go these are fine, but I'm in the market for some real speakers.

>unironically suggesting m'Audio

try the Swan Speakers - M50W, they come in the same 2.1 pc speakers format and shit on everything else

it's better than any bose or logitech product for sure

Im not about spending more than $300 on a pair of speakers, and I dont have the room for large book shelf.

Show me dedicated PC speakers that are better than the Bose ones.

Nubert A100 - A300
Way better than these shitty bose

any studio monitor

Any 2.0 set of edifiers. Swan m200. Beyond that, set of studio monitors.
Besides this isn't even hard, because I would rather not have speakers at all than use bose crap.

studio monitors are not dedicated PC speakers.

The NuPro ARE dedicated Active PC speakers my friend

dedicated pc speaker is a marketing term

And I gave you 2 examples of non studio monitor active, dedicated PC speakers that don't sound like crap, so go fuck yourself moron.
Plus there is nothing that says you can't use studio monitors as dedicated PC speakers.

I'm talking about shit like in OPs picture.

I can buy any bookshelf speakers I want, and they will shit on the Bose. But the Bose are the best of the going to BestBuy to buy whatever shit they have on the floor.

why would you buy shit like in OP's picture when you can buy something better for the same price?

You sound like a god damn retard. You want what a company markets to you as "PC speakers" since you are stupid and don't comprehend superior quality over marketing buzzwords.

I have some old logitechs and want to upgrade to Yamaha studio monitors

I am simply making a statement. Bose speakers, aka the simple 2 satellite speaker and a woofer is the typical PC speakers that are marked towards PC users.

Comparing individually sold bookshelf speakers is not fair.

If I wanted better speakers, I would go in that directions.

But if I want speakers that take up little space for my PC, its mostly going to be shit like pic related. And out of all that shit, the Bose are king.

My friend was selling his NS series Yamaha or whatever, they are like $250 each. Good deal, but they are too big for my desk. I dont have room. So I have no choice other than keeping the Bose.

jbl 308
they sound great for their price tag.

you know the 2 small speakers + subwoofer is also a gimmick, right? those cheap small woofers are good for making muffled rumbly noise but in no way do they produce accurate sound

you get better bass response with 2 good speakers. good/decent subwoofers cost 300-500 and up by themselves. not something to get on a budget.

There u go.
Plug and Play. nearly the same price.
Very small and decent sound.
Is it that hard to be not mainsteam?

also something like the mackie cr3 for example don't take much space at all

refurbished altec lansing speakers from 1998

>something better for the same price

like what? OP here, honest question

studio monitors. i'm guessing you are looking at least 100-150 dollar stuff if you are upgrading. you can get entry level monitors for that price which will destroy any "pc speakers" (marketing term to sell gimmicky shit for more than it's worth) for the same price.

You know that each right?

Speakers in OP pic are $50 actually, you are not getting monitors for $50.

Like nothing, because all $50 speakers are complete shit. Decent speakers start at $100 edifiers.

Yeah, im in the $150 range. But what are some good stdio monitors for that price range?

You need to double that. Set of jbl lsr 305 is $250. Add $100 for audio interface, $20 for cables and $50 for stands.

Recommend me a good pair of speakers under $500 preferably, and if they happen to have a used market in the US.

Alesis Elevate 5 MKII
Mackie CR3 or CR4

if you are european there is a sale on Thomann

no need for interface, these both have standard RCA inputs, also stands are optional (these are not huge), rca to 3.5mm cables can be found for 5 bucks

pair of Yamaha HS7

>pair of Yamaha HS7
How would I hook these up to a regular sound card?

get a cheap audio interface

such as?

Scarlet 2i2.

focusrite 2i4 + 2x xlr cable

these but if you want cheaper then BEHRINGER U-PHORIA UMC202HD is on sale on amazon. it seems to have jack outputs.

U-Phoria UMC22 is also on sale and is even cheaper

>what kind of speakers do you have Sup Forums?
Logitech X-540 (~7-8 yr old)

>are you looking to upgrade? why?
Nope, ain't broken.

>I'm talking about shit like in OPs picture
They can be use with anything, there is no such thing as dedicated PC speakers.
A plug is a plug, shit connect, shit werks
you dum dum