/sqt/

/sqt/
Stupid questions thread.
Use a search engine before posting, faggot.
Stupid questions sometimes get stupid answers.
Not kosher or halal.
Prev

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/usr/specola?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
windowscentral.com/how-re-activate-windows-10-after-hardware-change
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm trying to run a java program I wrote from the command prompt (usually we just use the ide) but when I try to compile it I get "error javac is not a recognized internal or external command, operable program or batch file."
I added path to the Path environment variable but it still gives the same error.
I have rechecked that i copied the address carefully dozens of times. I've tried closing and reopening the command prompt, logging out and back in but it still won't recognize it. I ran the set path command and it shows the correct path is in there!
Anyone have any ideas about what's throwing it off? I'm about to go insane

A Python script was produced to solve this problem. How do I make it faster? I added something to prevent a zero-division error, but it's just too slow for more than 8 items each.

reinstall JDK, make sure youre not trying to run 64-bit javac.exe from 32bit terminal etc.

>retrieving and installing KDE desktop environment
>9h 58min 32s remaining

why is KDE's FTP so slow?

How can I have my windows open up on the monitor i click them on?
Like if I place my chrome icon on the left monitor, it will open on the left monitor, not on the right, where it was last closed.

I installed cool retro terminal so I can play roguelikes without my color schemes generated by pywal in the most authentic /vr/ style possible (and maybe dos games as well.) by default it doesn't have enough rows or columns for more recent roguelikes like Dungeon Crawl stone soup. Something about qt is not working in my i3 environment because I can't get to the settings because all drop down menus are invisible. I checked and I have all the dependencies retro terminal is supposed to need.

make a script that opens chrome or whatever and moves the window to the desired location. replace chrome link with script.

theres no nyaa thread. interesting.

anyway, scrapers down.

I just started encrypting my entire filesystem with VeraCrypt, including the normally hidden part or something the OS tends to use for backups, and my computer almost immediately BSoD'd and restarted. I read part of the documentation on this and it said my PC would be useable throughout the encryption. Is my BSoD here normal, but either way what does it mean?

if you thought live-encrypting your operating system's hard disk was a good idea ive got some bad news for ya.

Well I went through the create volume settings again and it worked after the same amount of time spent pausing. I guess the BSoD was part of the way to encrypt the off-limits stuff.

Also yeah, hoping I don't lose my HDD's contents over this. I figured a hidden encrypted operating syste pm is cute if I had multiple laptops, but with only one, plausible deniability my ass. I'm going for the full disk encryption and hoping it doesn't burn me.

Laughed.

Who deez bitchs?

>>>/global/rules/2

help me guys, I really want to to install some linux distro on this friend laptop. I have little time to do it (so no testing) since I have to leave his place son.
The processor is some shit AMD1.3GHz.

I've been reading about some distros (Lubuntu, Mint Xfce, Linuxlite) but Id' still request you some input from your experience as to which one will give the best overall experience.
He needs yt and some office suit.

tx

What does this mean? Do I win?

I'm 23 though... In fact, you could be born in 1999 and be 18 here.

>In fact, you could be born in 1999 and be 18 here.

NO NO NO NO NO

thats fucking xena bro. im 24 and i know that.

can i be born in 1999 and be over a hundred years old in 22 century?

What god damn difference does it make? It wasn't like I watched a lot of TV as a kid, and I'm too po' for cable now anyways.

LMAO HE HELLA PO N SHEIT
Kill your self

How do I remove this bar?

Is Sup Forums like this but with lenovo?

(pinentry-x11:5123): WARNING **: couldn't create prompt for gnupg passphrase: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildExited: Process org.gnome.keyring.SystemPrompter exited with status 1

Tomb stopped working and throws this error...no idea why all of a sudden it does this. Can anyone read what this means?

Sup Forums only likes ibm/lenovo for the cheap old laptops you could buy, upgrade, mod, service, and their linux support
nu/g/ likes lenovo because memes
this is an important difference

dbus-update-activation-environment --all
I don't know why, but this fixed it.

Why is thunar displaying my files like this in icon mode? Last update must've broken something.

>Python

>He needs yt and some office suit.
>The processor is some shit AMD1.3GHz
Lubuntu

Damn; I doubt it'll be possible, but is the .NET RijndaelManaged (again, with block and key size set to 256; CBC; Zeros padding) vulnerable in any way? I'm looking for something that be easier than bruteforcing a 16-character long alphanumeric key.

The reason for this is because I have a mobile game (now shut-down with no chance of revival) that I was trying to revive through my own server emulator/private server. The only problem is that the client attempts to load the bulk of its data from a single file, which is encrypted behind AES256 (or rather, Rijndael-256). The key was sent to the client from the server originally (and was never stored on the client device), so there's no way to recover the key from the client.

Another VereCrypt question. I'm at the point in the wizard where it strongly suggest I create a "VeraCrypt Rescue Disk" in case my HDD is in any way compromised. It gives me an ISO and wants me to burn it to a CD. Isn't it possible to burn this ISO to a flash drive? The wizard mentions flash drives, but only for the purpose of moving the ISO to it so I can burn it onto a CD when I have the resources.

What firmware is the best for most of the routers?

How can one be absolutely sure that their computer is not infected with hidden malware and viruses?

disconnect from the internet, do a clean install, stay disconnected, never plug in a usb or insert a cd, etc...

You never know what happened when installing the os, the only real way is by writing your own os from the kernel.

What do you do when this shows up after installing fedora?
Now i fucked up both OS and it now shows "Missing Operating System".

Trying to reflash my S4 with Linage OS. I've enabled USB debug but every command prompt i use (they suggest using cmd to to a test reset of your phone to confirm if it works) i get an invalid command. Is it because windows powershell is shit or have i fucked up installing the android ABD?

I was going to do it with rufus but it failed to scan the image... I guess I'll just back it up privately where I can.

install gentoo
don't use internet
don't plug anything that holds information

There isn't even a firmware that's COMPATIBLE with 'most of the routers'. LEDE is nice though, if you can figure out a little bit on your own. If you need hand holding you can settle for DDWRT.

>Xena
>Cable
The best things (and lesbians) in life are free.

>to fix the problem:
>gives a way to fix the problem
The absolute state of Sup Forums

Piggybacking off of this to ask, any antivirus program recs to replace mbam (malwarebytes)? It updated a few weeks ago to break its right click option of "Scan with Malwarebytes", so this program is worthless to me now.

I've formerly used Malwarebytes, JRT, and AdwCleaner sequentially when my computer got infected in the past. I was told this was redundant, but now mbam is unuseable to me, so I'm looking for a replacement antivirus for W7. Any recs? Thanks. Ideally must be able to scan individual files arbitrarily, so I can check what I download before I run it.

p-pls respond

My AM4 motherboard has an Type-C USB, can I use it to charge my Macbook?

Hey Sup Forums, not sure where to put this. I'm looking to get a larger scanner(11"x14" minimum) but having trouble finding ones that aren't $500+. Am I going to have to drop a bunch of cash on this, or are there cheaper alternatives?

Give me a few legitimate reasons to use Linux over Windows, Sup Forums.

>when my computer got infected in the past
This should not happen. It means you are doing shit wrong. AV is an insufficient and unreliable solution. Change you habbits.

There are none.

can you change these icons to the previous ones in firefox 56?

More lightweight, more configurable, less likely to get infected, no telemetry, not having to suck microsoft's dick, fight off their updates, etc. etc.

Well obviously armour and medicine seves no purpose if you don't act like a scrub and get hit, right. But if you've downloaded a program ever, instead of blindly having faith in the devs, precautions in checking it, and measures to nullify or at least minimize the damage are all you can do to keep safe provided danger is a given in the fact that you run programs you didn't make.

Is the "over provisioning" partition many SSDs encourage you to make just some unallocated space at the end of the drive? Or does it do something special with that space?

Ask because ever since I installed a linux partition at the end of my drive my SSD software has not wanted to enable this feature or gives me issues about it, easy enough to just leave the last 5% or so unallocated if I want to simulate the same thing but will this accomplish the same thing that this feature would have?

fuck, forgot this thread existed

Wasn't sure whether this belongs on here or /sci/ but I'm kind of confused about how antennas work.

I get that alternating current generates radio waves which in turn causes alternating currents, but if that's the case then why don't all AC electronics act like antennas?

I've had the same 4 monitor setup for months. Starting a couple nights ago, my computer will randomly freeze. Can't move the mouse, nothing moves at all. No black screen or anything, just whatever picture was there gets stuck.
I thought it was the graphics card so I took it out and used motherboard, it didn't freeze. Then I put it back in with 3 monitors, and checked the temperature monitor, all normal. Then the immediate second I plugged in the 4th monitor, instant freeze. Temperature normal. The 4th monitor didn't detect it was receiving a signal.
So this makes me think it's either a power supply issue where 4 is too much now, or a card issue where something is getting shorted or something. Any thoughts?

I believe it's because to generate a useful wave, you need a fucklong antenna and/or a very high frequency. Running 60Hz through a couple of centimeters of copper isn't going to produce anything meaningful.
Also, all electronics do generate waves, in the form of noise.

>Well obviously armour and medicine seves no purpose if you don't act like a scrub and get hit
This is why Sup Forums regularly suggests Common Sense 2017 as your AV.

>if you've downloaded a program ever, instead of blindly having faith in the devs, precautions in checking it

Absolutely. Looking for open source, only installing from reputable companies, making sure you are downloading the unmodified original. All essential steps. You should only run code you have a reason to trust, and that reason should not be that an AV failed to identify a problem with it. By all means, run installers through virustotal first. But never RELY on that.

Does anyone use a Bluetooth USB dongle? Is it good?

Yup. It just means space that isn't filled. It doesn't even matter if it's partitioned or not. Leaving it unalocated is just a way of ensuring it never gets filled.

Depends, those miniature ones? expect 100ms latency but they work for something like a mouse or a keyboard.

I wanto give a wireless controller some use again.

It should work, they are not picky on the devices and the small and cheap ones work pretty much the same, its a matter of how much they last.

I use Sup Forums X and don't know a thing about programming
How hard would it be to learn how to make a script that can can copy the links of every thread in my threadwatcher and export them into a simple text file?

>tfw your childhood consisted of watching star trek, x-files, and xena

I never watched Xena, but now I kind of wish I had.

How long are Mayflash dongles good for?

Just get a ASUS or UGREEN USB dongle user, they are like $7-9 each and last years.

The truth is out there, and it's lesbians in spandex.

Last week I bought a laptop from Newegg. After receiving it, I realized I didn't really like it and it doesn't fit my needs properly. I want to return it.

Newegg has a 30 day return policy. If I return it just because I don't like it, they'll give me 75% of my money back. If I return it because there's some kind of flaw, they'll give me 100% back.

Is there any way I can convince them that it's "flawed"? The only actual flaw I can find is that the left CTRL key is kinda sticky and weird, but I'm not sure if that will fly.

If you had 1-2 days you could have edited the SMART info to show damaged sectors and get a 100% refund.

But now that you have one week with it they will blame it on you if you do that.

I'm not SMART enough to think of something like that :^)
Does doing that even work on M.2 SSDs?

[spoiler]i'll do that next time though[/spoiler]

It's honestly just junk food TV

I don't even remember any of it

Any advice for buying a second hand/budget PC on eBay aside from 'don't' or 'go local'? Looking to spend around $300-$350 USD. Obviously doesn't need to have premium specs, I'm just looking for something that can a variety of games and other programs as a secondary PC. Was looking at the store below but somewhat concerned about the lack of exact specs when referring to the processor.

ebay.com/usr/specola?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

>Laptop
Get a thinkpad
>Desktop
Avoid used laptops at any cost, specially used parts outside RAM.

Build your own, it will be cheaper and better, start with something simple and upgrade it.

Because you also need a capacitor that creates a self induction effect that generates the radio waves. The antenna is one of the plates of this capacitor. Earth is the other one.

I'm trying to boot OSFClone (disk cloning software, bootable image) on a system that only supports UEFI booting. Problem is, OSFClone is not UEFI, it's a MBR image and can only boot on systems with UEFI-CSM or MBR. Is there any way I can bypass this? Like boot into some kind of UEFI image that then boots OSFClone?

Short circuit the charger output until it stops working, say it doesn't charge anymore.

Look for used parts, not entire system unless is a good deal and they give some guarantee, buy new any kind of storage.

Probably with Super Grub Disk, however, you should use DD to clone disks.

Please read my post. I said going local is not an option, meaning that I am unable to build my own. But if we're talking about thinkpads, would they have cooling issues running old-ish games such as CS:GO? I figure they would only have integrated graphics anyway.

I'll try Super Grub Disk. OSFClone is basically just a bootable mini linux distro with a script frontend to dd.

There are thinkpads that have dedicated GPUs, for example W5XX series.

Oh in that case, i'm sure rufus can do an UEFI bootable drive with any linux distro.

How to stop the noscript page loading every time it updates?

Unfortunately, it can't with this.

Why not just use a regular distro? Or clonezilla?

The keycaps on my mech keyboard wiggle a little, is it supposed to be like this?

If i change my password to a unique one before a database leak happens, will the database leak only know of my current password instead of all or any previous ones used for the account?

whats the best windows activation crack? i have a genuine win10 key but re-activation is stupid as fuck after a hardware change.

Go to mydigitallife forums and look for MSToolkit.

pastebin.com/smjvLZN4

windowscentral.com/how-re-activate-windows-10-after-hardware-change

Thank you, this looks like what I'm looking for. And cooling isn't an issue? I suppose I can get one of those external fan pads that you sit the laptop on.

>windowscentral.com/how-re-activate-windows-10-after-hardware-change
the problem is that i have no clue what my windows account is, i logged into it with a random email and now it won't let me reactivate.

Yes
Depends on the database that was leaked. Some store your old passwords, so you can't use them again for "security" reasons.
Some idiot admins also log more than they should. So it might be that any old password dwells in a log file that might also be compromised.
Use unique passwords for every site you login and you will be fine. Use a password manager (that is not cloud based) to keep track of your passwords.

Just call that support line, it's literally something along the lines of pressing number "0", then "2" then enter the code some female voice is telling you.

Thinkpads can handle even 105°C under load with no problems, still since all you will do is game on it the max temperature it should hit should be 80°C tops.
Look for a W520 with a Quadro 2000m for something good and cheap.
If you have more money look for a used MSI or Dell laptop with a more recent GPU.

Thank you so much!

Is it possible to have an html page that you can only access via referral (link) from another html page?

you need to configure the http server itself

what is it?

thanks for giving me something to go on