Does Sup Forums buy Vivaldi's claims of being "open source"?

Does Sup Forums buy Vivaldi's claims of being "open source"?

>All our changes to Chromium source code are under a BSD license and hence can read by anyone.

>In addition, all of our UI code (included in normal packages) is written in plain, readable text. This means that all parts of Vivaldi are full audit-able and open from that perspective.

jon.vivaldi.net/a-few-words-about-open-source-vivaldi/

Other urls found in this thread:

vivaldi.com/source/
jon.vivaldi.net/my-friends-at-google-it-is-time-to-return-to-not-being-evil/
forum.vivaldi.net/topic/715/please-open-source-this-vivaldi/67?page=4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Gosh the old logo was so much better.

>All our changes to Chromium source code are under a BSD license
Bsd the cuck license.
This means that they release any code they want you to see.
While gpl forces them to release the code, bsd doesn't.
So if you trust them that much so as to believe they are releasing the originaru modifications, why do you need the code in the first place?

I mean, you could just google it, faglord. It's been opensource for a while.
vivaldi.com/source/

jon.vivaldi.net/my-friends-at-google-it-is-time-to-return-to-not-being-evil/
The CEO seems a nice guy who agrees with what Sup Forums says.

>Posts link from within OP's link

forum.vivaldi.net/topic/715/please-open-source-this-vivaldi/67?page=4

>Some source now at vivaldi.com/source/
>Some

Yeah, but that almost seems like a decoy. Has Vivaldi even said anything about purging google telemetry from the chromium code? It's a pain in the ass to do, which is why Iridium and ungoogled are usually a few versions behind. If I just wanted stock chromium/chrome then I would get that.

>2 years ago
Oh please tinfoil, just go home

>having a CEO
dropped

That's the point though, they haven't said anything since then. The OP link is the only place they even MENTION the idea of open source.

If there's not a public git repo, I won't believe it.

If BSD is the cuck license then what's MIT?

Balls. Good point though. If there really wasn't anything hidden in the end product, there would be no reason not to release the full reproduceable source. It also doesn't look great that they're handling this in such a shady way. Guess it's going in the trash with Iron.

Why don't you read the BSD license retard.

It's actually probably more "free" then the GPL.

Aaaaaand there goes my last alternative to firefox.

Use pale moon

Nah thanks. I don't trust any browser made by a 1 man "team". A browser is way too much security-critical code to trust to one dude. What if he's on vacation when Heartbleed 2: The Fuckening hits? It's not like this shit is about to get easier with their upstream source hard forking.

If you cared about security, you wouldn't be using firefox because it's garbage. Just disable js and shit and you'll be fine.

Vivaldi is open source but not free software

>Vivaldi is partly open source and not free software
ftfy

Use icecat

i just accidently discovered that vivaldi had its own built in task manager for its tabs

im loving vivaldi lately

tip: i mapped "ctlr + down arrow" to the fast foward foward feature... holy shit i can fly through forums and the chan now