Ultrawide

Post ultrawides you want to buy. (or recomendations around $350)

I am thinking of buying a LG 34UM58-P @75hz 2560x1080, a nice 83 cm in length

BUT the thing is, it only has hdmi 1.4 which I think does not go over 60hz, whatsoever.

why does LG market their widescreen as 75hz, when it does not do that at native resolution? do i overclock it? KEK

maybe one with displayport like lg 29um68-p

Other urls found in this thread:

massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-vast-curved-gaming-monitor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>2560x1080,
into le trash

t. 3840x1600 masterrace

tfw GTX 970 is still with you for a while

Have you looked at the Vast at massdrop? Yeah it's curved.

massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-vast-curved-gaming-monitor

What is even the point of this frankenstein aspect ratio?

I think I have that exact same one. Yes it doesn't go highest than 60. Still pretty good for movies. If you want higher refresh rate try the newer models.

i have 29um68-P. the backlight bleed is so bad that playing dark games is just sad.

I have an LG 29um68 and tomorrow my Dell AW3418DW is due arrival. Pretty hyped. Ultrawide is just so much better for movies and games I just can't go back.

I have a 34" LG and I run it at 75Hz over hdmi, just set a custom resolution in you display controller. Can't oc it past that tho.

I had a LG ultrawide. It was nice but too much content didn't support the aspect ratio. Unfortunately it will be a niche line of monitors.

I'm on the 1440p 144hz bandwagon for now.

I miss my Sony GDM-FW900's.

What's the point of curved screens? You can't view it properly from an off angle and its no good for any professional visual work like illustrating or modeling and rendering.

it's worth it to buy a ultrawide with a g4560 and a 1050ti? im using a shitty 1360x768 monitor

IMHO, Ultrawide is a big niche. Its a nice screen, but you'd be better off with two monitors. UW users know how to use their UW stuff, but a lot of programs do not support 21:9 ratio.

Stick with 16:9 because you don't really sound like you know too much about UW stuff. Like I said, its a niche and most people would generally be better off with a 16:9 monitor.

Since you said you have a 1050ti, I'm guessing youre a gamer? I'd say you're better off with a 1080p@60hz or 144hz with that card. Gaming on a 1050ti at 75hz probably isn't going to be a nice experience.

I'm fond of dell monitors myself because I don't like the 13 year old aesthetics of the modern gaming laptops.

If you're on a 1050ti and a g4560 and a 768 res monitor, you're on a budget. Get a 1080p @60hz with that card. Maybe you can do 144hz but I think thats a bit of a stretch.

> Gaming on a 1050ti at 75hz probably isn't going to be a nice experience

I meant to say, at an Ultrawide resolution. UW with 75hz at 1440p is not an easy thing to drive GPU-wise.

>I'm fond of dell monitors myself because I don't like the 13 year old aesthetics of the modern gaming laptops.

gaming monitors*

Sorry, im fucking stupid and can't type, but my advice is sound.

>UM
>ultrawide
>not curved

Why tho?

thanks, probably i'm gonna buy a 1080p 60hz and a ssd. the cheapest 144hz in my country (Argentina) is about 567$ usd and the cheapest uw is 380$ so i don't have a lot of options. i really appreciate your help dude

np. 1080p @60hz will be comfy compared to your 768p monitor.

60hz isn't bad if you're not used to 144hz. 144hz is just smoother for first person shooter games.

1080p screens are abundant and should be lower cost because of that. IPS will be better colors and angles. TN will be better gaming response times (lower input lag) in most cases.

gotta watch the budget, $350 is not capable of doing that

how can that be, HDMI only supports up to 60hz. let alone run 2560x1080 @75hz

HDMI 2.0 does 4K60Hz

DVI does 75hz and it has a DVI input you faggot.

How would browsing or watching movies be like with ultrawides?

I have one of those and it is one of the best tech buys of my life. The 1080p isn't too big of a disadvantage and the curve isn't necessary. It just feels like the perfect aspect ratio where I can essentially have two square windows side by side.

Browsing the web pretty much feels the same and ultrawide movies feel pretty good, but I would rather watch them on my normal aspect ratio tv than on a small wide monitor. Ultrawide seems to be the best for productivity.

I have that exact same monitor. Can confirm that it maxes out at 60hz at full resolution.
It's really great when games are supported [spoiler]picture related[/spoiler] but some games will actually penalize you for it. Overwatch for example will actually have a lower horizontal FoV and will cut your vertical FoV by almost half. practically unplayable.

>Post ultrawides you want to buy
>Implying 16:9 isn't bad enough
None. Fuck off with your pile of shit.

OP I have the LG 25UM55, 25 inch Ultrawide. I already don't like this resolution at such small size, I can't imagine how shitty it must be at 34.

Really consider what you're buying here. That aspect ratio is only really good for working with windows side by side, movies with that aspect ratio and games that support it. Everything else just blows. You get really thick bars by the sides with 16:9 content, many full screen applications don't support that resolution and maximized ones may look weird as well, unless you use production software.

Really I bought this because it was really cheap (160€) but if I could I'd rather just grab a 2K monitor with a normal aspect ratio. After using my laptop quite a bit I don't feel like it would be a problem to go back.

I just don't know where to look for a cheap 2K IPS monitor.

Yeah. Many games also have a half baked support where the game itself is rendered properly but the UI isn't or there's some fuckery between exclusive fullscreen and borderless modes. Deus Ex: MD is a really awful case where one mode will let you play with lower resolutions and keep the same aspect ratio, but cut off parts of the UI, and the other one will just stretch the whole thing, it's a mess.

21:9 is still what 120hz monitors were 7 years ago. Something that many developers won't invest time into because there's a fairly small user base. At least on 120hz you could still have lower refresh rates too so it wouldn't be a big deal, with with Ultrawide you're stuck with its ratio.