italian cuisine is not that good
i just spent 3k¥ on an expensive pizza and i did not like it
dont order italian cuisine ever

start working on a K-on S3 or else kill yourself

>pizza
>cuisine

Pizzas, pastas then what?
Ravioles?

Pizza isn't exactly Italian cuisine. I'd say it's Italian American.

Also, that's a lot of money for pizza. Why was it so expensive?

Supposedly it should be Tokyo finest pizza
Tasted horrible
I still prefer macarons and parfait over pizza

Did Tokyo's finest pizza at least came out of something like pictured? What were the toppings?

>he buys pizza in a store that's advertised for having the 'finest' pizzas

the best ones are the ones from the 'worst' stores

i dont know how the oven looked like
different kinds of cheese, bacon, shiitake, some fish, tomato and ham

That's not Italian...

>SHITtake
>fish
god have mercy

>shiitake, some fish,
oh lawdy
dunno whar shiitake is but its not italian i can tell you that, and i know that you know that too

they ripped you off bro

what would you say If I said I hate japanese food because someone sold me Sushi with mayo and mashed potatoes instead of rice

Best pizzas and Italian food in my country are small family owned Argentine restaurants, some pretty amazing food. We do have a few Italian restaurants but most tend to be Italian themed American food... Absolutely disgusting...

Shiitake are mushrooms, dude.

Also, OP, Italian cuisine is grossly overrated. Hell, even in Italy Italian cuisine tastes like shit. If you want good food, go to central Europe, or the US. You'll eat well and won't break the bank.

i have never eaten a mushroom in my life so i cant comment твн

yeah, alternatively Italian food was almost entirely replaced here in Buenos Aires, where in the past was the food by default, they all went abroad

Tacos are slowly but steadily entering here though, but we don't have any famous taco store yet

>central Europe
What? Everyone, except for natives themselves, hates it.

You have unusual taste.

I don't know, man. I think my taste is fine. I enjoy my native cuisine(Lithuanian) and certain dishes from other cultures. I mean, you can enjoy the best of all cultures, without the touching the disgusting onion soups, or kifirs, Andrej.

No man, if there's something people in my country know is food, I love Italian. Having good carpaccio and a glass of Lemoncello is divine... Follow that with pesto or risotto, some decent Chianti and a tiramisu for desert, is heavenly...

Tacos are sort of like our pizzas or hamburguers, not really the good stuff, and even in Mexico City you sometimes have trouble finding good gaonera, in the rest of the country you can hardly get decent pastor. Don't get me wrong, much like similar foods even lousy can be pretty good. Hopefully you'll get a decent Mexican comida corrida place, those are cheap and amazing, you can get the god tier stuff like good encacahuatados and guajillo sauces, plus a lot of the food is just typical Mediterranean, like mustard and black pepper sauces.

1. Italian cuisines (yes, plural) aren't just about pizza.
2. Pizzerias are hit-or-miss.
3. If you're into cooking, homemade pizza is the best. I can share the recipe I use if you want.

>Lithuanian
Yeah, that explains it.

Pretty much everyone likes Italian cuisine desu

Have you been to Italy? If you have, then you went to a good place since all the restaurants I went to were fucking shite and the food tasted like ass.

Mexican food on the other hand...

Man, from the second you don't like onion soup you've disqualified yourself as having taste. Really, people who can't enjoy the basics...

>bacon, shiitake, fish on the same pizza
What the fuck were they thinking?

There's something called "combination". Certain ingredients go along well with others; some don't. All three above have strong and distinctive tastes, they shouldn't be together.

(inb4 I know, it depends on the specific fish used)

>>Lithuanian
>Yeah, that explains it.
Rude. Just 'cause you hate your own food doesn't mean I should hate mine.

I like pizzas. And the places I went to in Italy to get good pizza were not great. So most of the time during my trip in Italy I just ate the local snacks. Point is, Italian cuisine, for me, tastes better OUTSIDE of Italy. Pizzas are so universal you can't even call them Italian anymore, since everyone else makes them better.

>Man, from the second you don't like onion soup you've disqualified yourself as having taste.
>Really, people who can't enjoy the basics...
Kek.

Yes, I have, I especially like Milano, but have been to Venice, Firenze and Rome. And yes, of course I've treated myself to a couple of upscale restaurants but the small places are the absolute best. You do have to watch out because I did see a lot of places run by... Let's leave it at non-Italians, in touristy places. You want to go where people look upset and are screaming.

Here user, I made some authentic udon, give it a look

> Noodles
> Sauce made out of tomatos and meat
> mushrooms
> Rosemary straight out of a nonnas purse

See this bullshit? You didn't get italian food, you got shitty Japanese food.

On the contrary, I like our food. I was just surprised that an Irishman would like it.

Lithuanian cuisine is Central European.

Lol. Well then, my mistake. It usually is the smallest restaurants that serve the best food, and I can tell that from my experience. Still, I just don't really like Italian cuisine all to much. It's perhaps the most overrated, with French coming in second.

Just zitto already you animale

agreed most of it is over rated meme tier food

Well, like I said, I'm not Irish. Still though, Central European cuisine is fantastic. From the meat, to the desserts. The Irish don't have much to offer in terms of good food. Most people just eat bland dinner like beef and potatoes. Disturbing. Although, Ireland's strong suit is in seafood dishes. That's where Ireland is second to none. Other than that, I wouldn't recommend Irish food to anyone.

Have you ever had properly made chateaubriand? Oh man, hopefully you're young and will acquire enough experiences to rethink your opinions... From the looks of it though I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't like Mexican food either...

Besides size. Usually, restaurants intended for tourists serve the blandest food possible; it's a kind of safe bet, better leave the client saying "mmm... okay" than risking having the client say "the food was disgusting" or stuff like that.

On the other hand, restaurants for locals don't give a shit. Too much garlic for your Chinese taste? Too much pepper for your German taste? Who cares?

Nah, man. Mexican food is delicious. Tacos are fucking A, dude. I'm not saying that French food is bad, or anything, I'm just saying it's overrated. I love French pastries.

I will agree with you, it's the places that aim to serve locals where you'll get the best food. Authentic means exactly that, too much of this or that for people outside the region. That's when you dive in and really take in where you are.

It's better than our """"food"""""

I worked in a tourist restaurant, and the shit they made me do was disgusting. I wanted to tell everyone to avoid it, but then I'd lose my job(lost it anyway). Tourist restaurants are just awful.

>That's where Ireland is second to none
I don't know about Irish food, but Portuguese seafood is at least a tough competitor... seriously, they manage to get something as boring as sardines and make it a small wonder of taste.

>Other than that, I wouldn't recommend Irish food to anyone.
What about the drinks? People claim their beers and ales are great.

Eww. Was this in Ireland or Lithuania?

We have one of the world's most diverse and rich culinary traditions and evryone reduces that to tacos... It's ok dude, I wouldn't expect you'd have much chance of trying anything else in Europe. I will say, and take it or leave it it's just an opinion, you have to appreciate simple food to enjoy the great dishes. Shepherd's pie can be bliss just as much as a humble bratwurst... The key is pairing with proper beer or wine, once you enjoy sitting down to a proper simple meal you'll never look back.

Easy now. Pumpkin pie and gumbo are really nice.

>We have one of the world's most diverse and rich culinary traditions and evryone reduces that to tacos...
Welcome to the club.

>We have one of the world's most diverse and rich culinary traditions and evryone reduces that to tacos...
Funny how I always end remembering first and foremost puerco pibil. Thing's great, man. A shame pasta de achiote is so freaking hard to find here, people usually mix achiote with cornmeal here and it doesn't go well for slow cooking...

ah shit, you got me on Pumpkin pie, fug, October when

True, Portuguese is a probably better. I've never tried what the Portuguese had to offer, so I wouldn't know.
>What about the drinks? People claim their beers and ales are great.
Irish beers are meh. Nothing special. The only brewery it has is Guiness, and that's mostly for export. Locals drink imported shit, so they don't know what good beer is. If you want beer or finer alcohol, just go to Central Europe. Germany, Poland, Lithuania, and who knows what other countries have better beers. Just stay away from Ireland.

>Eww. Was this in Ireland or Lithuania?
Here, Ireland. Lithuanian tourist restaurants are surprisingly very good. They give the best of what Lithuania has to offer, and people don't complain. The main complaint is that in Lithuania there isn't that many tourist restaurants at all. However, one place you can count on is called HBH. Look it up. Best of what we have to offer, in the nicest places. Authentic shit.

As for the restaurant experience, I'll write it up in another post.

Sorry about the Tacos, dude. It's not that I don't want to try more, it's just that that's all people cook here. They don't do quesadillas, or anything else. Ireland doesn't have that many restaurants for diverse cuisine, unless you travel to a big city, which I'm far away from.

>beans and tortillas for everything
>diverse

Just zitto already you animale.

>HBH
I'm checking it now... 8 euros for a wine-cooked beef is really cheap, and by the looks, it's typical cuisine (obvious by the pink borscht). This might come handy if I ever travel through the region, thanks.

Yeah, ever since we switched to the Euro, shit became cheap. Although, it was MUCH cheaper before. As a matter of fact, shit got more expensive for locals, which saddens me. Šaltibarščiai(Cold beetroot soup or Pink Borscht as you call it) is not a dish I like, but generally most people enjoy since it's radically different than what you'd expect. The secret to what keeps it cool is the kifir.

Man, I love cochinita, you can get achiote here for like 30 cents USD in any supermarket and we have fresh orange juice all year round, although I imagine that's true of Brasil as well.Churrasqueiras have become pretty popular here although I can't vouch for how authentic they are, I imagine there's probably a lot more to explore...

It's ok, Mexican food is big anyway, we've got something like 300 different types of mole sauces for instance, and most as different from each other as day and night, and that's just a tiny fraction of it. And then American Tex-Mex tends to be strongly mistaken for our food...

Tortillas are a staple much like bread, which we have more than a few hundred varieties of, and beans are just suposed to be a SMALL side dish for simple meals, kinda like french fries in many countries... Seriously man, our cuisine didn't make it into intangible heritage of mankind status on just beans and tortillas...

American Tex-Mex tends to be strongly mistaken for our food
How much better or worse is Tex-Mex compared to Mexican?

The achiote seeds themselves are common here too, the bitch is finding the paste. So you either need to grind them manually and mix with the other ingredients or use the achiote+cornmeal mix sold as "colorau", but it's an easy mode to burn a crust in cochinita.

About churrasco: good churrasco is as simple as possible. A good cut of meat, slow heat, no seasoning besides coarse salt.

Worth mentioning Brazilian food ends on the same deal as Mexican, Italian and American food; there isn't a "single" cuisine but a bunch of different overlapping cuisines that give shit about country borders.

Tex-Mex is to Mexican food what American food is to everything else, say American pizza compared to Italian, except it's just based on food from North Eastern Mexico which is not exactly our culinary mecca... Mexicans tend to find it ridiculously bland and some of it is outright disgusting for us but to be fair there's good Tex-Mex in the American Southwest and is a very respectable tradition in it's own right, chili for instance is an American dish and i'll acknowledge it can be brilliant. Having said that, what most people get is the McDonald's version of that.

Most tourists for some reason ever hardly get taken to what we would consider our brilliant restaurants, you need to have friends in Mexico willing to spend something extra to try something like Yucatec style deer or pit oven mutton barabacoa. Nevermind all the different sauces we use for cooking which can be intimidating to foreigners with a weak stomach, even if many are not spicy at all.

>to be fair there's good Tex-Mex in the American Southwest and is a very respectable tradition in it's own right
So Texas, huh? Well, that's where I'm planning to move to if I ever move to the US.

As for your Mexican dishes, bring 'em over here to Ireland, José. You're always welcome here and frankly, we lack in Mexicana.

Thanks I guess, Irish and Mexicans do have a long tradition of friendship and respect even if we aren't exactly close as countries.

Irish people LOVE anyone that isn't a Brit. Brits are fucking hated. In some cases, Northeners are hated more than Brits. However, nowadays all that petty shit is at a minimum.