Based Google trying to save us from the UEFI and the intel ME jew

based Google trying to save us from the UEFI and the intel ME jew
youtube.com/watch?v=iffTJ1vPCSo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lR0nh-TdpVg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

reeks like hidden ARM chromebook shilling in here

but I'm okay with that

I will watch the video later and see what is this about.

I would have posted the slides but Sup Forums doesn't like scribd urls

Is it something new that Libreboot doesn't do?

No wonder. Micros***t released the UEFI golden keys in public and hackers hold sensitive information

what 2,5 proprietary kernels are they talking about? sorry I don't know anything about lunix

You don't know anything about CS either

coreboot has problems with the Management Engine.

Why do I get the feeling that the entire story of computing can be summarized as "worse problems created by fixing fault that never existed"?

And you can't answer his question.

You can't have half a kernel, just like you can't do half a press, that just is not possible

more like the story of everything. We were comfy in the bushes eating berries and shit, discovering fire was a mistake

oh please not this shit

Coming down out of the trees was a mistake.

>lol just use our programming language

Starving and freezing to death is a problem in need of a solution. Making it so your computer is an OS talking to an OS talking to and OS isn't a solution for anything.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHA
>Yes goy, ditch the (((botnet))) that is x86 and use go!!
>It's free and easier to understand a "sea of files"
Google is being really obvious with wanting to get rid of linux. It starts with the fusicia shit

>we have tested our Go blob extensively
>its faster I know it is

A GNU implementation exists so where's the problem?

thanks, I should have watched the video before asking

the video is giving me the creeps

>me, running a trannyboot T60 with totally free software

I wish that was the official name endorsed by Leah (male) Rowe.

Oh I love Google now

>Go
>Not Rust

>easier to understand than a sea of files

LMAO

>google
>speaking about botnet

pottery

>get rid of linux. It starts with the fusicia shit

maybe in their garden, they will have a hard time with the tinfoils using loonix in the first plae

Very cool stuff. More and more lately I've seen people investigating x86 and the components around it, finding security as well as other concerns.

I'm curious to see firmware projects like this as well as other architecture development. Is it possible we'll be migrating from x86 and uefi relatively soon, or at least, comparably sooner than expected?

You have to give the NSA time to infect other architectures first. They're already working as fast as they can.

The biggest problem will be getting people to accept a likely loss in pure power that will come from this.

I mean, my main computer is still on a core duo (not even a core 2 duo), so this wont bother me, but others will throw it aside instantly for not being able to play their anime at 4K.

arm with its locked and signed bootloaders is much worse than x86. at least intel lets you choose your os unlike most arm platforms with their proprietary driver blobs that only work on a specific kernel version and bootloaders that do not allow anything other than the stock rom

a risc-v laptop would get my dick hard

Any disadvantage to that other than getting rid of a backdoor? Removing ME?

LINUX IS INSECURE
PRAISE BE FUSCHIA

>freetards and elitist IT fags get btfo by A FUCKING AD COMPANY
AAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

i like to summarize it as "numales re-inventing the wheel and coming up with worse wheels"

I like to summarize most posts in this thread including yours as "I don't understand anything going on but I still want to participate in the discussion so I'm going to retardedly shitpost, I'm an adult now xD"

Or better yet "nothing should ever be improved upon, 640k ram is good enough for everyone".

Your choice fag.

desu I'd love to recompile my init binary instead of having shitty conf files or an abomination like systemd

Rust is made by antifa sympathizers and should be ousted

it's open-source software,
it doesn't matter who made it - only the merits of the software itself does

oh look, someone who thinks nodejs was revolutionary new and not just a shitty reimplementation of an ancient concept. only this time it was implemented in the worst possible scripting language to have ever existed. just kys.

maybe someone would find this interesting
youtube.com/watch?v=lR0nh-TdpVg

le "i can change the code whenever I want" meme. and then he goes on to cry about something like 12px too much on top of the screen. just kys you victimized normie

>Google
>Altruistic

Never ever believe this, even for a second. Google is just salty that they don't control UEFI and the ME jew.

nice strawman

>the intel jew controls your machine
>replace it with the google jew
all jokes aside this is important work, and could be implemented in the GNU userland (I assume)

Can someone explained what the signed proprietary stuff is?

Is it a hardware implementation of checksum or something? How hard would it be to find a collision?

Identity politic must be ousted

You do know that it's not a penalty of faster processors and more memory that the computer should be able to spy on you and do stuff against your wishes, right?

>Botnet fights Botnet
is this the future ?

the first few minutes are the best part of this
assuming you didn't already know
the intel ME has an IP stack, and UEFI can flash itself, theoretically with an exploit, which then reports future flashes as successful but retain the exploit. There is no fix for this, ever, once the exploit is flashed. An UEFI has an IP stack so basically your computer can be exploited by the NSA for example, and the OS it runs doesn't matter, and it can't ever be fixed except by destroying it

Likely difficult, but more importantly, likely futile. You may be able to produce a collision, but what about a useful one?

The great botnet war

Useful is relative ;)

I mean, in the case of something like this, your machine won't actually work at all.

The fuck is ring -2 in reality?

it's an abstract term for what ring -1 runs on top on

Alright. So no shortcuts huh? What's the next step for these guys then?

What the fuck is even Xen? Why not try to get rid of ring -1? Why start at -2 and -3?

hardware-assisted virtualization,
you don't have it to run it

Xen is a foss hypervisor, it's made by the linux foundation
it's something a user sets up, not something that comes with any machines

Shut up Lunduke fag. Just because antifa uses your email doesn't make you left cuck

>Get rid of ME and UEFI and replace it with google software.

Fuck that shit. My hardware manufacturer may or not be incompetent. Google anything is definitely an invader of privacy. Take your meme language numale created spyware and shove it up your ass.

>replacing proprietary binary blobs with FOSS is bad

Libreboot is Coreboot with the proprietary components (including the Management Engine) stripped, which is why it doesn't run on modern hardware

So Libreboot *should* be fine as long as there's nothing nasty burned into the CPU itself

Isn't libreboot just coreboot with a fancy installer?

So what machines dont have ME and is Libreboot compatible? I finna buy one

>replacing something that might be a vulnerability with something that is definitely a vulnerability is bad

pretty much

I'm sure there's an up to date list on the libreboot website.

>might be
Intel ME and UEFI were both already exploited.

It's a distribution of coreboot with blobs removed. There's no fancy installer for either, hope you enjoy SPI flashing

memepad x61, x200

x200 is a tablet pc? I have this in my local listings

Lenovo x200 Tablet PC

Intel Core 2 Duo L9400 1.86 GHZ

4 GB RAM

160 GB HDD

webcam, Windows 7 Pro

Price - $ 199.00

x200 has a tablet (x200t) and non-tablet version
You have the tablet version

Misread, sorry. You don't have it yet

But yeah, it's libreboot compatible. Check ebay because $199 sounds like a ripoff

would you buy for 200 buckaroos?

Depends on the condition, whether the battery is new (original was recalled) and what the specs are (What CPU? Was the RAM/storage upgraded?)

You guys like hate progress or something.
Might want to take your pills, Mr.TransvestiteLin...sorry GNU/LinuxFanboy97

Ehhh an X220 is worth about $200. An X200 is likely older (in terms of physical laptop age) as well as older in terms of hardware specs.

Ask on to be certain.

>implying everything of note the human race has accomplished to date wasn't done with less than 640k of ram

Reverse these

This looks interesting overall but replacing platholders's binaries with google's a redundant action given the point of this project?

>google's
You can compile your own

What's wrong with uefi?

The guy did remove his corporate hat at the beginning. Pay more attention next time.

Botnet.

so what happens when intel and uefi people watch this and completely change everything?

Only pedos are against UEFI

and communists

>normies learning about UEFI and AMT for the first time

cute

It started at ring 0. Which was the most privileged mode of operation on computers. But then people figured they needed a more privileged mode of operation for virtualization, hence ring -1. Then Intel and AMD figured they need a botnet that is completely invisible to ring -1 and hence rings -2 and -3.

so if I replace my uefi firmware with google's, will I be able to overclock my cpu and ram still?

You’ll get ads catered to your hardware.
>hey goyim, theres a new nvidia card out!

The eternal computing juden

This is fucking useless when intel processors have their own os running even below all this systemd shit

The point is to wipe it

Can I do this stupid shit with an i5 4460?

Is it "U-E-F-I" or "You-fee"

and intel releases an update and instantly undoes 10+ years of work