Hello

Hello,
I'm trying to install a downloaded package in Arch Linux and I'm completely useless. Since now I've only used Pacman and Yaourt, that's why I love Arch, with these two I could install everything.
But now I have to install drivers for my Epson printer ("stylus-toolbox-0.2.7.tar.bz2") by hand and I can't figure it out.
Is this an already created package or do I have to create it (with the makepkg utility)? If it's already a package, how should I install it? I've tried "make install" in the extracted folder but this error pops out.
I know you are no IT team for me, but I would really appreciate If someone could at least point me into the right direction so I could do research on my own to figure this out.
Thank you in advance.

Other urls found in this thread:

aur.archlinux.org/packages/?O=0&SeB=nd&K=epson&outdated=&SB=n&SO=a&PP=250&do_Search=Go
openprinting.org/drivers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>linux
>printer
Good luck

Is it that difficult? I can also use Windows but I would like to try it at least.
Well and I also wanna learn how to install/create packages for Arch.

script written for python2 but arch defaults to python3.

Have a look in the AUR, there is an epson printer driver in there. The AUR is your friend :)

>Arch Linux

Found your problem. Works flawless in Jewbuntu

Then this is an already created package and I only have to install it? Do you know If there's a way to execute "make install" using python2 instead of python3?
Thanks

I think I need this package for my printer specifically though. I'll install the Aur package if thi doesn't work. Thanks for the advice

I don't think so, not for my printer at least

Try and find the driver/model of your printer in here;
aur.archlinux.org/packages/?O=0&SeB=nd&K=epson&outdated=&SB=n&SO=a&PP=250&do_Search=Go

then install the package with youart

>/fglt/
>/sqt/
You probably get better replies there than wasting a thread for this.

what about cups? Works fine for me on arch.

a valid workaround is google print if you don't mind using it.

I've found mine! Thank you! Although it still doesn't work. I've selected "print" on a work document and it says "completed" but the printer dosn't do anything.
I'm using cups, with the gnome GUI to configure the printer.

They automated the whole process for retards like you:

extract the tarball:
tar xvf
./configure
sudo make
sudo make install

Look at the errors to debug further

Please, does anyone know what could be happening?

Please.

Please x2

Please x3

>printer driver
>linux

Is it that traumatic?

Is the printer on?

Install GEN2

Install postscript for your printer instead, works the same on linux as it would on windows.
Find for your printer here: openprinting.org/drivers

>he fell for the loonix meme