Random questions relating to Worst Corea and Nippon

1) Will South Korea overtake Japan in size of economy in our lifetime? Japan is much bigger however it STILL isn't growing, and the demographics are getting worse and worse. Korea's economy is growing, its population is growing and international image is growing.

2) Is the average Korean better at English than the average Japanese, or just as bad? And if just as bad, is this to do with the teaching in schools, or something deeper about the logic of both languages that doesn't mesh with learning English?

3) Why are South Korea-Japan relations still tense? They have common threats (China, North Korea), common allies (USA), common frenemies (Russia). Shouldn't they be France-Germany level bros by now?

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-29/japan-seals-defense-equipment-transfer-deal-with-the-philippines
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan–Korea_Treaty_of_1905
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan–Korea_Treaty_of_1907
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan–Korea_Treaty_of_1910
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

2 it's never "logic in language" because children can always prove otherwise and speak excellent in both or 3 in some cases

>Korea's economy is growing, its population is growing

How? As far as I know, their birthrate is about as bad as Japan's. There's no mass immigration there, either.

>Korea's economy is growing, its population is growing and international image is growing

Those are all wrong, now go back to /brit/ crayon pop general, fag

im not interesting in this topic anymore but just tell you that koreas birth rate is lower than japan. its probably the worst kind of. both countries cant grow more than now as long as they keep the current economic system and are already on the verge of an unavoidable economic decline.

1) how? South Korea can't avoid the same problems Japan has because of workers becoming too old and counts of them going down. unless it takes immigrant policy.

2) equally bad. when Koreans have English literacy they never let their president go stupid.

3) because of both media they and we have. one insists that government demands apology and money from Japan, aside from hard facts. another STILL insists that Japan should accept whatever South Korea demands because it never accept comfort women report was made-up false information. these are cancer, but still Koreans are too dumb to look up the issue by internet and their language because their internet space is totally garbage fully polluted with shitty propaganda previous military governments has abused for long time. it serves them right though.

>both countries cant grow more than now as long as they keep the current economic system and are already on the verge of an unavoidable economic decline.
that's why i imagine that japan will be the first country to adopt some kind of nation-wide test tube baby system in the second half of this century. your people work too much and are too autistic to get married and too nationalistic to allow mass immigration.

Koreans on average speak better English than Japanese. The whole society revolves around getting higher toeic score. Japan's domestic market is much larger than that of Korea. Thus more Korean companies want to hire individuals with English proficiency because the companies are selling goods to foreign countries. Higher Toeic score gets a better job on average. On the other hand Japanese don't have to learn English that hard

>Why are South Korea-Japan relations still tense? They have common threats (China, North Korea), common allies (USA), common frenemies (Russia). Shouldn't they be France-Germany level bros by now?
imperialist japan wasn't THAT long ago

that was fucking 70 years ago and only delusional Koreans teach children the annexation was illegal or uncomprehending bullshit even now. for a while even Taiwanese got brainwashed by Chinese from mainland but they found out it was just propaganda. in fact we're getting along with south east Asia enough. South Korea is as fucked up as China.

70 years ago is not that long ago, dumbass

there are probably some people from that era who still live

GET OVER IT FAGGOT ALREADY. we young generation do nothing anymore for you. first of all we had no war between Korea and Japan back then. Learn something from Obama's speech in Hiroshima.

Fuckin Jap

then continue to demand apology from us to death. we never do anymore.

not him but hes right though. wont say "forget it" but theres no point expecting anything more emotional than general things govt and officials do in every country. no one will cry over that and put their heads down on the ground like melodramas.

nitpicking is endless as long as you dont stop it, i also can do with you with vietnam war stuff.
you guys should move on.

Where are your balls?
Don't you want to do anything about the white man fucking your women and making your country a vassal?
Is that the best response you have?

I wanna eat choco egg anyway

REMINDER KOREANS DID WAR CRIMES UNDER JAPANESE EMPIRE:

'After the war, 148 Koreans were convicted of Class B and C Japanese war crimes, 23 of whom were sentenced to death, including Korean prison guards who were particularly notorious for their brutality during the war.'

'The figure is relatively high considering that ethnic Koreans made up a very small percentage of the Japanese military. Justice Bert Röling, who represented the Netherlands at the International Military Tribunal for the Far East, noted that "many of the commanders and guards in POW camps were Koreans – the Japanese apparently did not trust them as soldiers – and it is said that they were sometimes far more cruel than the Japanese."[58]'

'In his memoirs, Colonel Eugene C. Jacobs wrote that during the Bataan Death March, "the Korean guards were the most abusive. The Japs didn't trust them in battle, so used them as service troops; the Koreans were anxious to get blood on their bayonets; and then they thought they were veterans."[59][60]'

'Korean guards were sent to the remote jungles of Burma, where Lt. Col. William A. (Bill) Henderson wrote from his own experience that some of the guards overlooking the construction of the Burma Railway "were moronic and at times almost bestial in their treatment of prisoners. This applied particularly to Korean private soldiers, conscripted only for guard and sentry duties in many parts of the Japanese empire. Regrettably, they were appointed as guards for the prisoners throughout the camps of Burma and Siam."[61] The highest-ranking Korean to be prosecuted after the war was Lieutenant General Hong Sa-ik, who was in command of all the Japanese prisoner-of-war camps in the Philippines.'

To be honest we bombed the FUCK out of Japan and they got over that way faster

>canada
>vietnam war
try again, retard

>we
lmao

1) sk has the same issue, the sole difference is they have not got the effect yet as they had a high birthrate until around 80's. i think their effect would be more devastating since their birthrate drop is very steep while japan's gradual.

2) koreans learn english eagerly, so lots of young korean speak better english than japanese counterparts, though older generations are shit anyway in both countries.

3) because korean victim mentality knows no bounds

but that was ONE time

imperialist japan raped and pillaged all over asia

arent you korean? if you arent ignore my post.

you think everyone who disagrees with Japanese are Korean or something

>is retarded
>when called out on it he accuses me of being korean
typical

when you are near me I hit you quickly after seeing your post, dammit. like seriously, the messes after the war was resolved and we had no right due to surrender without option. now then all I can do is to be mean to weeb Americans on Sup Forums. similarly, cleaning up relationship was already done in 1965 between Japan and South Korea. it's been even 50 years.

no
im the one always against netouyos and make fun of their zainichi shit
though it cant be applied in this context, especially to canadian flags and american ones which actually have a certain number of anti japan immigrants who are as butthurt as netouyos

And nobody else in Asia gives a shit besides Korean and China.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-29/japan-seals-defense-equipment-transfer-deal-with-the-philippines

I never understand what japanese people say, be it in english, portuguese or japanese.
Don't know about the koreans, though, but I guess they are better.

fuck japs 2bh
koreans are alri

then who are you? just identify yourself

Japan did not rape and pillage Korea though.
Japan legally annexed Korea through treaties.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan–Korea_Treaty_of_1905

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan–Korea_Treaty_of_1907

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan–Korea_Treaty_of_1910

go back to your crayon pop general

i'm a spic, definitely not a gook

good post.
Some Chinks experienced it too.

so then why are you one sidely acting as if you are part of those victims? whats your heritage?

dont even like that shit, you lads are just nutjobs

literally just told you in my post

don't try to deflect the fact that you're too retarded to know that canada did not participate in the vietnam war

answer my question

nawh
they so cute when they're angry

>i'm a spic
You ran to Canada, meaning you crossed the Mexican border into the US and just kept running until you hit the ocean?

no, my ancestors did that a century ago

eh I'm afraid if Brazilians are speaking any language when I witness so many crimes happening in Rio.

fyi some people in rio know different languages so they can trick dumb tourists and steal their money.

because you are one of them?

This thread again...

ARR ROOK THE SAME.

see all the above. when only japanese posters and a korean one (pepshi one) were posting, this thread was pretty moderated and rational enough to be expected it was possibly going to be nice. after a while, retarded canadian and american immigrants came here and immediately did shitpost and destroyed every potential of that.

this is what happened on korea vs japan thread every single time. shit cant absolutely be helped.