I can get a Oculus rift and touch controllers and antennas for 400 euro's

I can get a Oculus rift and touch controllers and antennas for 400 euro's
I have a pc that can run vr
Is it worth it?

400 eur = 466.06 US Dollar
for all the americans

giving money to reptiles who get rich off abusing your privacy without your knowledge isn't worth it you asshole, and it ruins society for the rest of us who aren't cucks

dude I just picked one up for 450 from Amazon and sent it back the next day. My experience:
- poor picture quality
- white objects blur
- fog after 2 min. (when moving)
- motion tracking was great
- controllers are great
- software is crapple level of shit
- no games worth buying
- can't play any other games than rift store stuff
- VorpX might be a hack, but add extra $30

2/10 would not buy-eng

I honestly believe that all the games are on PS4.
Even some PC games come to PSVR.
There are exclusives on both.
I plan on getting a PC VR eventually , but I still have over 30 games on PSVR in my backlog.

get the vive instead

depends on what u want to do with it as racing and other fixed cockpit style sims work really well. you'd just need some decent peripherals. idk about other games

I've always wondered. What happens to returns to Amazon (and other stores)? Do they get refurbed and sent back out? Or do Amazon take a hit and return to manufacturer or resell for a lower price? Do Amazon just factor returns into their statistics as a necessary loss?

>Is it worth it
Yep

My experience with the Rift is terrible. I've had it for 3 weeks but it only worked for 2 days. Get a Vive instead.

How much better is Vive? I'm thinking of getting one if they have some kind of black friday sale on them.

I don't know but it can't be worse than having to pay $80 extra for a replacement cable and adapter because of terrible build quality as well as not working after updating graphics drivers (rolling back hasn't helped).

Wait for the Pimax 8k. I have a vive and barely use it.

kek

Vr triggers my social phobia. I don't want to be in a physical setting where everyone can hear my voice and see me move. It is a piece of shit technologically anyways, it's just a cellphone screen inside of a box strapped to your face. Very low resolution too. Gives me a headache

The vive is substantially better, and will be getting updated lighthouses in early November and new controllers soon as well.

What's that? Why would you use it over the vive?

No get a Playstation and PSVR. That's where all the games are/will be.

>can't play any other games than rift store stuff

leet troll

Its a kickstarter thats shipping a consumer grade 200deg FOV hi def headset in jan. Just google it. Works with vive hardware.

No SDE. Peripheral FOV. Lighter. Better resolution.

Just using a straight conversion isn't comparible due to different economies and buying power

>Is it worth it?
Yes

more stuff making it worth it

>Can simulate anything you can imagine
>Can only imagine being a cuck

This, I've just gotten into iracing and assetto Corsa and both are incredible in VR with a wheel.

I'm tempted to buy Rift but my friend already got it - if you wear glasses you're fucked. It was still pretty cool though. Also it fogs up fast, like in 30 minutes, in my experience. Didn't get to try Vive yet. I'm not a fan of Rift or Vive's controllers either - I'm waiting for ergonomic improvements - goggles that support glasses and won't fog up so much, and hand controllers that you don't have to hold. I was thinking about a controller you wear as a glove, although Valve/HTC has some kind of prototype that wraps around the knuckles? IDK...

Also, since no one here seems to know about it, there's Oculus Go which I believe comes out next year - $200, supposed to be more comfortable to wear, works with glasses, and I guess it's wireless or something, IDK. Waiting for more details on that... I might just settle with it while I wait. One thing I'm wondering is if next generation controllers will work with the current VR supported games that are out right now. On top of that, there aren't many GOOD VR games available so I'm questioning whether it'll be a worthwhile purchase... it would be nice to see it catch on but I think too many people are holding back on it.

just wait till gen 2. vr is close to being good but isnt yet