Embrace Extend and Extinguish

It is upon us. We must stand in solidarity and fight this monstrous demon. Whether your an Ubuntu, Arch, or Gentoo. We must come together and make Microshit feel are wrath once and for all.

Fucking lord, is there anything they will not ruin?

I'm a Debian. Fuck Microshit

Embracing

I stand beside you, brother

>EEE
>people still parrot this 90s meme

Can't they just fuck up their ecosystem and leave ours alone FFS

How? They make shitty attempt at EEE with WSL and their takeover of the Linux Foundation, I'm all in.

>t. MS evangelist

> we must come together and make Microshit feel are wrath once and for all.
> make Microshit feel are wrath
> feel are wrath
> are
This is why nobody takes you people seriously.

>are wrath
>are
Is this part of the troll to not even get close to using the correct word?

>you people
>People who don't want MS to shit all over non-MS products are somehow the bad guys

Just another casualty of the American public school system.

The Xubuntu Autists are with you

Developing alternatives to whatever microsoft is pushing is easier than ever now thanks to the collaboration the internet has brought. I am honestly not at all concerned about microsoft embracing Linux or anything open source and I welcome them to the table. It really makes sense to build a lot of things openly. It makes sense for microsoft to create the subsystem for linux, capitalizing on a feature of NT not leveraged seriously since OS/2. I'm happy to welcome microsoft to the table. I do not entirely trust them, but I'm not turning down their assistance if it makes anyone's lives better.

> you people
> linux autists

my original point stands. why is it that people who don't want Microsoft to shit up non-Microsoft operating systems/software are considered to be the ones in the wrong here? MS is not some benevolent, selfless, and flawless company. They should keep their grubby hands off of shit that isn't theirs

And as far as I'm aware you're running native Linux binaries found in packages directly available from the servers of the distribution you choose. There's no X server, let alone Wayland, and they're billing it as a developer's tool to make Windows more attractive as a 2-in-1 development platform, I'm assuming. They actually discourage using the WSL for any production stuff. Microsoft knows that if they try to add WSL-exclusive features, however that would work, they would be accused of lock-in tactics (and rightfully so given their track record they're trying to leave in the past) and pretty much all goodwill toward the WSL would be lost. They're not stupid enough to try that. Or so I hope, but I'm pretty certain in that assumption.

Of course Microsoft isn't flawless or selfless, and their past track record gives reason to scrutinize their contributions to the community. But GNU stuff, and anything else licensed under the GPL isn't "anyone's" in particular. That's the point of the license. The WSL is certainly proprietary, but so is the rest of Windows 10, so there's nothing new to complain about with the distribution packages being untouched. It runs Linux binaries under the NT kernel through a compatibility layer DLL, do I have that right? The WSL does not touch the development of any Linux distributions whose packages are available for it. PowerShell for Linux and Visual Studio Code especially seem pretty neat, though I can't see much use for PS outside of Windows; not a dev of any sort though. I can't see any downsides to Visual Studio Community Edition over Express on Windows, either, individual feelings on Visual Studio as a whole notwithstanding.

the issue with MS getting into the Linux foundation is the following. This example does not use real world numbers, since I don't know them, but the outcome is the same
>Microsoft gives the Linux foundation a lot of money, let's say 1 million dollars.
>The foundation uses that money to hire more people, expand infrastructure, update systems, whatever.
>Microsoft then says "we want you to do this, and if you don't we are pulling our support"
>The foundation is basically beholden to them after this point, if they need the money MS provides
Basically, the moment the foundation uses MS funding for significant and reoccurring expenses, MS has sway over them.
>power shell
>ever good
The Linux command line blows Microsoft out of the water

>Is this part of the troll to not even get close to using the correct word?

Focusing on petty spelling errors and not contributing.

You can get a graphical setup working.
I saw some windows shill running xfce on windows as an example on YouTube.

This is a valid point and they could use it for leverage, however I don't believe they are close to the top donor, and I think companies like Intel, IBM, Red Hat, et al have a lot vested in the good of the kernel.

Bad example. Should have used mono pic.

Maybe, I tried looking into it after I heard the news but all I could find is them being a platinum donor

nice false flag pro-windoze fag

as a macfag I swear they are always trying to turn Linux users and Mac users on each other

We're unix too you know, I'd use Linux over Winblows anyday

Microsoft hates Linux with passion since the 90s because of the license and they know Linus and a community of random people around the world managed to make it not only functional but also a popular choice for servers, something a big greedy company struggled to achieve for decades.