How do you think Intel fanboys are going to respond when in a few months the $800 they spent on a 8700K...

How do you think Intel fanboys are going to respond when in a few months the $800 they spent on a 8700K, Z370 board and delid tools proves to be wasted cash when Zen 2 launches?

It'll match a 5GHz 8700K for single-core performance, piss on it in multi-core and do it all at a much lower price without the need to delid.

Rumour has it that Intel's already planning to ditch covfefe lake in three months anyway.

what kind of a dumb piece of shit delids their CPU?

Have you not learned a thing from Vega? Wait until AMD actually launches before speculating.

What kind of dumb shit thinks you don't need to delid a 8700K to get 5GHz in the real world?

>"b-b-but MOOOM! If I don't delid your CPU how am I going to get 60fps in league of legends?"
wew lad

Source stupid leaks

It actually makes a pretty big difference in temps.

Intel fanboys who think it's an acceptable practice and are willing to risk hundreds of dollars to do it.

so does driving without a hood. doesn't make it a good idea

Takes literally half an hour to delid it with a tool, slap on some liquid metal and leave it in a clamp with silicone glue on.

takes half an hour to remove the hood from your car. doesn't mean you should.

DELID THIS

AMDrones have the best crack available to be that high and delusional

OBSESSED

It won't match single core, it'll beat it in multi-score. The beauty of Ryzen 2 will be it's better clock speeds and overall price. Ryzen 2 is gonna be killer.

Everyone whi bought a K processor has to delide . Unless they only overclock to 4.6 ghz . At 5 ghz+ delide is mandatory ..

I hope so user . I want ryZen 2 with high OC capabilties. I m on a fucking 2600k since forever . And i don t want to give my money to jewintel

>buy amd now
>have to buy amd 2 months later just to match intels older models
no thanks.

From AMD's own slides, GloFlow is promising at least 10% "performance" improvement with the new process next year.

It's not Zen 2 per se, it's going to be die shrink, so think new stepping.

The only advantage to Ryzen will be clocks and perhaps errata fixes.

when does zen2 launches?

who are you quoting?

NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As much as I'm a blind AMDrone, Zen 2 is definitely not coming "in a few months"

Shit comparison, a better comparison would be taking off the hood putting paste on your motor THEN putting it BACK on

Zen refresh isn't Zen 2
Zen refresh may have some minor tweaks and fixes as well as some higher clocks.

Zen 2 will be 7nm and with 6core CCXes but its coming in late 2018 at best first half of 2019 worst

Fuck you.

does it still have the shit-tier asmedia usb3.1-controller?

since when? kaby has 2.3 ipc and ryzen has 2.36 ipc on the same clocks

we know this shit since ryzen launched the only thing ryzen doesnt have now is clockspeed

its called pinnacle ridge aka the zen+
the actual zen 2(now called matisse or matrisse instead of pinnacle ridge) on 7nm ibm black magic is due in 2019

They can do a relayout to achieve higher clocks.
They've already done that with Vishera.

Another new socket so soon?

now that would be the best thing

cant imagine the meme shitposters here if intel brings another new socket (although they def gonna bring a new chipset)

Three sockets a year keep the goyim in fear

It is zen+ fags, not zen 2 it is a revision and some minor improvement similar to intel's old tick tock scheme.

yep

A few reviewers hit 4.8ghz on air with a 8700k.
It's a common misconception that you HAVE to de-Lid
But, we really shouldn't have to.
Intel needs to fix that glue they use on the HIS
It keeps the paste from connecting to the chip properly.
So they are still doing the MOAR core shit?
Because that worked out so well the last time.

>in a few months

It's the Zen refresh that will release in February-March, not Zen2.
>10% clock increase predictions
Not expecting much on the gaming side of things honestly, 8 cores might otoh extend their lead a bit on other types of tasks. In the end it will all depend on how they're priced.

keep dreaming retard

they have nothing to replace it with, brainiac

Is anyone actually CPU bound in 2017? I've got an old AM2 desktop which still works fine for everything including light vidya, do people really want to play vidya at 120FPS 4K?

They'll call the ADL

Doesn't mean they can't make moar SKUs

which would still be coffee lake

New asscreed maxes out any CPU at 60 fps because of 2 layers of shitty DRM

They've been selling the same CPUs under new names for years, they'll manage

you're not saying anything of value
are you lonely?
here's another (You)

Rehashed xbox games? Fuck that.

>wasted money
What kind of stupid logic is this? You must never buy anything since there's always something better around the corner.

That said, I have a 4690k and I want moar cores, so I do hope Zen 2 is great

>A few reviewers hit 4.8ghz on air with a 8700k
I did too, doesn't mean I'm happy hearing my fans go insane every time I do anything remotely intensive and there's a temperature spike, it gets tiresome.

depends on how much better the thing around the corner is though
imagine having bought westmere with sandy bridge around the corner, for example

It would be the equivalent of removing the horrendous quality oil from the engine that doesn't do its job properly and replacing it with good, high quality oil that does.

>First socket changed every year
>Then 6 months
>Now 3 months or less.
Are we approaching socket singularity?

how many years is it going to be before CPUs have to start getting bigger to be able to increase performance I feel like it will be in the next decade.

mom looks so beautiful with that ryzen processor :-)

>implying that this is not already happening

>tfw waiting for Zen 2

Look here is the problem with AMD bottom line: They fucking bullshit. their cpu's and gpu's are usually marketed at say idk for a cpu a quad core at 4 ghz, but in reality, it is slower than an Intell dual core, thats like 3ghz. For this reason I will never ever buy amd. I made the mistake of doing it,

buying anything from AMD is like buying a meme. fucking stupid desu

High temps, Intel's unfathomable decision to use shit paste on high end enthusiast parts and fanbois who need higher clocks.
It's really crazy people talk about it like it's some normal thing to have to do. It's fuckin ridiculous.

>in a few months
What makes you think AMD will release any new desktop CPU (or APU) in the "next few months"?

Their desktop APU's will be a disappointment, btw - it already is. And that's quite sad. Look at the existing motherboards and you'll see why, HDMI 1.4 all the way (meaning no 4k 60fps).

Nobody in the real world will delid their CPU or push it to 5 GHz for that matter. I'll take a stable system running slightly slower over an overclocked system with random crashes (or just the risk of such) any day of the week.

>Three sockets a year
Why do you even care when it doesn't matter, not even a little? My Athlon XP sat in the socket of the motherboard I bought for it it's entire life. My Phenom II did the same, so did my A8-5600 and my Ryzen 5 will very much likely be sitting in that AM4 board until there's a new AMD socket and a new RAM standard. Do you seriously buy a $300 CPU one year just to replace it with another $300 CPU that's 5% faster the next? It's beyond silly to argue about the glory of "long-lived" sockets.

I actually care more about RAM, having to go from DDR3 to DDR4 for an upgrade to Ryzen was rather expensive. DDR5 isn't that far away, neither is PCIe 4. Oh, btw, AM4 will be irrelevant when we move to these standards.

That's because Intel does more instructions per clock, brainlet.

If you're going for bigger number is better, you should look at benchmarks, not clock speed.

just wait

hello user its me reality
keep waiting

a better comparison would be like you remove the oil in your car and replace it with nothing

A socket change a trimester keeps the goyim in fear lmao

Damn bro i should have waited 3 years before buying a computer i am only allowed new components every 4 years is what mummy said

if the 12nm line is up and running, they may refresh on the 12nm like while the real 7nm gets up and running,

the 7nm process is what is targeting 5ghz
looking at the gf said, its a 15% more density and a 10% jump in performance, that would mean amd would be 3.3 to 4.4 range

If amd refreshes, it will be more performance but its not fucking zen 2

could come as early as late 2018 but should be out by early 2019 if the time tables are on track, hell they could be ahead of schedule again.

does it matter?

>depends on how much better the thing around the corner is though
Except no one ever knows that

honestly thinking if it a bit, amd is a wild card.

they could change something architecturally that allows lower voltage operation, or the process could take voltage better and allow a higher voltage for normal operation, possibly allowing lower voltages to run at the same clocks with the reported 10/15 being just from the shrink itself instead of allowing higher clocks.

amd is intresting to say the least.

Depends entirely on what arround the corner means, are we talking a month or are we talking a year+

and now amd does more per clock but cant clock as high.

>in a few months
Zen 2 is 2019.
Zen+ is in a few months.

amds apus were never going to do 4k60

just looked it up, there are 12 am4 motherboards that have display port for 4k60

use a real monitor and not a tv for the pc and you are fine, or get an adaptor.

Well, in this case, Zen 2 is 2019. If OP really means the Zen+ refresh which we should see next year, it's still probably over six months away and we have no idea how good it'll even be.

pcie 4 is worthless, ddr5 will likely be meh for the first few years with high end ddr4 being likely cheaper and faster then equally priced ddr5, if the jump to ddr3 and ddr4 was any indication.

and why would you want your motherboard to last longer?

your athlon xp and phenom II came from eras where the hardware rapidly changed, well... less so the phenom II

I bought a 1700, and by god if I can drop in a 12 or 7nm cpu and as an upgrade, I will either do it day 1 in the 7nm case or wait till someone wants to offload a 12nm once they upgrade and take it.
I'm either going to get a massive upgrade with the 7nm 5ghz 8-12 core cpu (amd has a 48 core sku on the map, and the only way to do that without increasing dies s or cutting some off is 6 core ccxes) or when people sell off their old cpus for new ones I will pick up the best one my motherboard will take.

I seriously doubt ayymd will manage to survive till early 19. The stock price is crashing

WHERE IS MY FUCKING 10NM NODE YOU STREETSHITTIN MONKEY?

Get a life you r/amd freak

WHERE IS MY FUCKING 10NM NODE?