Best Windows Laptops

So what is the best Windows running laptop on the market right now? I'm between the Yoga 920 and the HP Spectre x360 15 and I really don't care for Thinkpads desu. I just want something good for college that can run Civ 5 on decent settings and can photo edit well enough.

get a fucking thinkpad idiot

If you want a compromise here, you can get an X1 Carbon. The thinkpad that's not a thinkpad but it is but it isn't but it is

No Thinkpads have 8th gen processors as far as I know.

>thinkpad for photo editing

oh sweetie, no

>he still thinks thinkpads are good today

Today they are normie tier

n-no baka...

The X1 Yoga seems to be a better fit given the choices though.

Damn no one?

Dell XPS 13

>buying a new laptop right before raven ridge

XPS 13.

On a side note, does anyone have the surface laptop yet? I remember looking up about it and it seemed like it was so close, yet so far away from being a good laptop.

That cool fabric on the keyboard, touchscreen and specs were all good, it just had like 1 or 2 usb ports, no usb type c and you had to update to real win10 otherwise you got windows 10 cuck'd edition

This. Raven Ridge is coming out in just a couple of weeks. Hopefully there will be enough laptops in stock though.

Thinkpad E470

The fabric makes it impossible to service

Hmm I don't really think much about servicing any modern laptops now that everything is glued or soldered down, but I hear what you're saying

>Using a HP Spectre
>Touchpad is shit
>One day the touchpad driver kills itself and I can't fix it
>Rubber stop next to the keyboard (To cusion the screen when you close the lid) has caved in and is now stuck inside the SD card slot
>Headphone jack has a loud hiss and violent crackle that I can't fix
I'm never going to buy a HP laptop after this piece of shit.

everything is only glued or soldered in consumer-tier fashion computers like the Surfaces and Macs.

Real computers for people who need to get shit done are still built properly though everything does use BGA package processors now, thanks to Intel

Not op but I found a pretty good X1 Carbon on Ebay. 8gb RAM and 256gb SSD, 2.00GHz Intel i7-3667U Processor. Seems pretty decent for me as a college student. Is that good specs for $400?

Wait for Raven Ridge.

U suffix

As in underpowered

d-delet this. Spectres look so good user