FaceID confirmed shit

hooktube.com/watch?v=jqRdl2P2CjE
(at 4:20)
It fails in sunlight and certain types of artificial light.

Besides this, we already know that:
>you need to look at it at a certain angle to work (Tim Cook said so), so it probably won't work if it's laying on your desk at arms length
>it even failed in the official presentation
>applefags will still defend this

So it's not even better then the face recognition on my '12 Galaxy SIII?

Really makes you think. . .

I love that.
>i think if you have preordered this phone you will be pretty happy with it
> you will be on the face id journey with us as we work out how and where it does and doesnt work
Wonderful! It's like purchasing exclusive access to a beta! Just what I wanted!

lmaoing @ the pixel and resolutions. It's not even 2k.

iToddlers defending it in 3.. 2.. 1..

They gave up. You literally cannot defend this shit.

Wait for it

I, an iToddler, defend this.

Objectively speaking, how can they recover?

Can it differentiate between a kneegrow and a gorilla?

>"I am not in possession of a paperclip currently"

$1000+ and Apple can't even put a fucking sim tool in the box?

>hooktube
my man

fuck off nigger
no one uses their phone in broad daylight like that
you cant see shit

>LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD
>PFFF HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

You can buy it just for $9,99 online from the store.apple.com.

FaceID is a stupid idea to begin with. You can be compelled to give up your password but it's not that trivial to do. It's possible to hold you down and by force put your finger on the fingerprint scanner but that's not extremely trivial.

Holding your phone in front of your face isn't that hard.

you know it must be bad when nilay 'king shill' patel says it's not great.

imagine if they actually had to lower the quality to produce more x's

kek that company

>meanwhile poordroids are swimming in shit

>building a samsung s7 in 2017
>rebrands it as a new iphone
>cant even decide to put a better front camera to give the faceid better resolution
>shifts the poles to shit on android
>meanwhile android is still miles ahead since it doesnt really care

Anyone who preordered it after it fucked up in the controlled and rehearsed environment of the launch event deserves everything they get.

>best display ever
>pixels still visible without a microscope
>yeah the notch is buggy but we'll give Apple a pass
>called it, FaceID doesn't work outdoors
IT JUST WERKS (TM)

I thought we were over face recognition years ago, when Android ICS came out? It was shit then, it's still shit now.

iNiggers btfo... Again.

Nope :)

>I toddler literally defending this

iPhone user had more AIDS

ahahahahah! Epic! He said the thing right on queue!!! :)

Never used touch ID and never will use Face ID.
Psscode is the way to go faggots.

if you close your eyes or look away it won’t work

ok grandpa

I like the iPhone, but this was a big fat disappointment. Notch is fucking shit, usable screen area is less than the 8 plus, face ID is shit.

iTODDLERS BTFO

Why? Is fingerprint scanner on iPhones so bad?
I use it all the time on my Android phone, can't imagine going back to pin or password. I know using a long password is more secure, but it's also much slower.

How is this surprising to ANYONE?

It's literally the same tech as the IR/Hello camera on Surfaces from the SP4 onwards. IR projector, IR camera, and RGB camera.

Guess what? The Surface's solution works brilliantly in the dark, reasonably well in neutral indoor lighting, and piss poor when you're in direct intense illumination.

"BUT APPLE SOLVED THE PROBLEM BECAUSE THEY SAID THEY HAD" was the reply to this. Fucking shills, I swear to god.

I like it better than fingerprint readers

If you pass out they could just place the phone on your finger and wa-la, even worse cut your finger and steal your phone

Wow. They hyped this up so much. If it doesn't work outdoors or under fluorescent lights then it is a non starter

This is going to be a massive fail

Seriously, what's the point of the fucking notch?

Yes, now they will behead you instead

innovashun when the next model doesnt have one

LMAO

I've been using Apple shit lately because I thought I needed it to "fit in" with the "normal" faggots at my college. I soon learned they lie, cheat, and are generally shitty people. The one common thing between all of them? They all use and love Apple shit. I don't want to fit in with any of these faggots. I'm cancelling my iPhone X order and selling all the other applel shit I bought. I should have stayed true to who I am even when it comes to tech.

ITS A FUCKING PENTILE HAHAHAAH OH MY FUCKING GOD

Apple nerds shat on pentile for about a decade and now they're stuck with it.

Like everything on this phone the reason is so Apples industrial design team can wank over the fact they achieved bezel symmetry on all four sides (excluding the part where its NOTCHED.com)

I know 3 people who have despite my advice. I have never felt so ridiculed. They come to me for everything tech-related, yet they think I'm wrong about Apple. Apple became irrelevant when Lollipop launched. Before Lollipop the only con to Android was how ugly it was.

Seeing as how it won't even work when it's supposed to, it's not hard to believe it will also fail when it's supposed to work. The shitty Android face recognition gimmick on some phones works better than Applel's "fingerprint-killer".

This new iphone makes me think about this soccer player.

>Areas with more people have more of an OS that's available on phones ranging from $50 to $5000.
Oh really?

>using medians to compare data
>Applefags can't into high school statistics
>Applel users are smorter

>what is the point of the notch
to fit a minature microsoft kinect to botnet you face and to make YOU PAY for it too
this they will take it away next version and be HAILED AS GODS

>Poo tries to be white so hard

In Loo

>I soon learned they lie, cheat, and are generally shitty people. The one common thing between all of them?

Everyone is like this, retard. Welcome to being a grown up. If you trust anyone other than your family (and even then...), you're stupid.

>heh...nothing personnel, kid...

Now they just have to force your eyelids open.

so since they removed every other way to unlock your phone how the hell do you use your phone?

Surely you can still use pin unlock.

I've not heard anyone mention pin unlocking in reviews.

Why would they mention it? Apple wouldn't let them put the review up if they gave you alternatives to FaceID.

>thinking there would be unbiased reviews of a product prelaunch

Bitch they used pin unlock in the official Apple unveiling when FaceID didn't work