What does Sup Forums do to prep for interviews?

Got a great interview for an IT job with the local utilities company. Don't want to fuck it up.

I'm most nervous about "where do you want to be in 10 years" questions, since they're just testing how good you can suck cock

Other urls found in this thread:

sap.com/corporate/en/company/diversity/differently-abled.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There's basically zero chance you'll be extended an offer, getting a nice job is like winning the lottery these days, it's not even about a lack of skills, you're competing with 1 to 2 thousand people for every available position, and most of the times, that job is already earmarked for a nepotism or H1B hire, they're just going through the motions for legal reasons.

>tfw can just walk into a job because good degree and connections

OP just read and practice CTCI

don't listen to him, good luck user

>"where do you want to be in 10 years"
What's the correct answer here?

What about the "Why should we hire you" question?
In my first and only interview I was like "lol idk", and repeated my skills and positive stuff

Someone without autism help us out here

"On the Mars"

Spotted the excluded

"Within 10 years, I hope to be an integral part of the company. I do want to work for a company that has advancement opportunities, where I could use the experience I've gained."

Just some shit about being a part of the company and trying to advance is all they ever want to hear

I once said "working in ". They laughed. I thought it was a good answer. Didn't get the job.

I was told, multiple times, to check the book "Cracking the Code Interview" for behavior advice on interviews and how to answer generic questions. Maybe it can help. (Despite the name, it's not just about code. It has some tips appliable to interviews in any field.)

don't worry OP, there's hope
sap.com/corporate/en/company/diversity/differently-abled.html
>SAP's groundbreaking Autism at Work program, launched in May 2013, integrates people with autism into the workforce. We have a corporate goal to employ 650 colleagues on the autism spectrum by 2020. The initiative currently includes nearly 120 colleagues filling over 20 different positions, and is active in nine countries

My ex worked in HR. Interviews are just a test of your social and communication skills. They already know your qualifications from your resume.

Just lie and tell them what they want to hear. When they ask you about your hobbies don't say you shitpost on Sup Forums or you don't have any hobbies. Say you run marathons or some activity that shows you're a team player. You're trying to show the interviewer you'll fit in and not cause any problems

dont say their company name you absolute retard

thats the fucked up part. you are competing people like this , that will just spew out lies and lies which you can never match. i bet they rarely check for truth behind them.

Also how to get good references (people they can call and ask about you, if this exist in other countries), and what if you have non?

user, the chances they are going to ask you the 10 year question are slim. More then likely they are going to ask about your experience, your previous job history and what you did, and what skills do you have (Active directory, printer, server, etc). Don't be surprised if they ask you to define various networking terms as well. One of the more common ones I see with IT job is "What was the hardest thing you experienced and how did you overcome it". Been asked that one probably 5-6 times.

Now, they might ask you what you are looking for in the moment, like remote support or hands on, etc.

Don't lie about your professional accomplishments. They will check that. Lie about your personal accomplishments, times you overcame adversity etc. Of course they're not gonna check if you actually run marathons or if you help elderly black women code on the weekends.

Most jobs you have to put 2-3 references. I usually just put past employers. If you have none, you can put a prof you were close with or some place you volunteered at etc. But they are looking for past managers usually

>Job interview back in 2013 at a college for a on-campus tech support role.
>Had me do a phone interview and two face-to-face interviews, with one of them being a skill test. Interviewers impressed.
>Get a call later and find out I wasn't selected.
>They decided to go with someone internal instead since they were already trained, but said I was in the top 2.

I've had several job interviews where I found out they hired someone internally or a friend/family member/church member. This is in the south though where this shit is common, so eh.

never volunteered, never was close to anyone.

am i fucked?

They mean to say why should we hire you above anyone else. What is it that you have and can bring to the company that would further the company? They know already what you have on your resume.

Yes, if you have no experience even doing something unrelated, you should apply for a entry level position that does not require references. Any higher up position will require it.

I'm hoping to be able to consider myself a master of [insert your primary skill here] with a wide breadth of knowledge to support my knowledge in a practical workplace environment. In the less big picture though, I'd like to be either managing my own team or running my own department within the company. I consider myself motivated by challenge, and leading others is the greatest challenge I can think of.

*Knowledge to support my performance

Fuck

I'm passionate about your products because I use them every day, and I'd love to be a member of your team! Also if you don't hire me, your mother will die in her sleep tonight.

Relatively related to jobs, so I'll post here.
>current place I'm interning at, switched between two teams, like everything about the place
>currently doing the big data meme, it's comfy
>got an offer couple weeks ago, slightly lower than starting avg for my uni, they didn't even take into account my 2.5 years of experience at the company
>guy I know, no experience, gets an offer for more pay than me
>pissed, start giving out resumes willy nilly
>company in same city is interested in my devops experience, asks if I want to interview, set up a time for the following week (last Wednesday)
>interview was OK, a solid 3/5 effort on my part, no prep whatsoever
>get out of building, phone rings, they said they want me
>get an offer letter last Friday for $20,000 more than my current offer, puts me well above the starting average for uni
>have to decide between a shit pay with good work and a great pay with alright work

What do you think put you over the top senpai?

From left to right
>I don't need competition here.
>Yeah... I'd fuck her.
>She looks like my granddaughter.
>She looks like my daughter... Would be weird to fuck her...

Keked

It's common everywhere

>Managing this business with no dissatisfied customers
>for you

>picking anything other than great pay

no matter how good your work, if you don't have a new job within 1 to 2 years you're doing it wrong. Pretty much nobody will give you enough of a raise to keep you long-term, but new companies will always pay you more to poach you from someone else

>When they ask you about your hobbies
If this was ever asked of you in an interview, you are actually a failure of a human being.

>What's your bad sides/weaknesses?
What are you supposed to say? That I spend most of my free time alone at the computer and never had a gf isn't something I should say, right?

IT manager here. This is a common interview question I ask, if the canditate has the reaction you just did I know you're a spaz and don't want to work with you.

Probably the fact that I was severely undervalued by a company that's known me for well over 2 years, as opposed to a small group of people that talked to me for 2 hours. Also, not being on the same level as someone who's not as experienced as I am. Granted, that was at a different company.

Dude, the company I'm at right now (the one I'm ditching) is doing some great stuff. The downside is the pay. I'm planning on maintaining a good relationship with my manager and eventually swinging back to a better position in the future, maybe 1.5 years from now.

/comfy/ is the only correct answer

i jerk off and dont wash my hand

I just walked in, asked the secretary for the guy in charge, walked into his office, put my hand on his table and said, I think you need a guy like me and then I got hired.
Interviews are for plebs.