Explain yourself Microsoft fags.

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/oldnewthing/20140411-00/?p=1273
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

> joke theme
> joke fonts
> explain
Nope.

We're just going to ignore the 30 VC++ redistributables that you have to install to get windows programs to work?

Thankfully GNU/Linux doesn't have this problem

Yeah sure OP, show me how well Linux works after upgrading glibc without a system-wide upgrade.

Wow, I have to type one letter on linux vs...

I have to search around the internet looking for all these redistributables and manually go through installations of each of them.

We're just going to ignore that you have to download and compile literally everything to get gentoo to work?!

I would rather have redundant packages than the buggy dynamic linking Linux uses.

You don't need specific versions unless whatever you are installing ships with/requires a particular one it was built against.
You can just install the latest MSVC CRT and then patiently fill your WinSxS with whatever devs push on you.

>redistributables[sic]
>They literally install alongside your software.

You are an ignorant fool.

>upgrading glibc

Install Gentoo and portage takes care of the rest

haha nice one

This shouldn't be an argument to not use Gentoo since it has binaries, and emerge is powerful as fuck. I just stick to Arch cause it werks and the AUR is godly.
>inb4 this error/that error
I never encountered em you fuck nugget

I don't quite understand why you need so many versions of dynamic libraries.

What happens to software that no longer has maintainer? Let's say a proprietary tool is built against a specific version of libc. Windows takes care of that dependency hell through WinSxS, most distros you have to either install another glibc elsewhere and set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH or patch the fucking ELF if you are unlucky.

You don't HAVE to install all of them. I don't remember installing any of redistrs actually and the software I use had no problem running.

>arch
Found your problem

>usually if your program requires visual c++ drivers it comes bundled with it or it downloads it automatically

You are an ignorant fool.

Yeah? What does that say about Ubuntu then?

>explain
maybe after your mom sucks my dick. Maybe.

That it just werks and won't break every update as its not a hobby distro run by people who have no concept of security of functionality. Really arch is for linux users too stupid to instasll gentoo (or go full on LFS) but too elistist to stick with an actually functional distro.

See also: the manjaro drama.

I've noticed people who dislike Arch fall into one of the following
>Jumping on the hate bandwagon because they're a hipster and haven't actually used Arch
>ebic trolls
>Tech snobs wanting to keep people away from Arch (thus keeping the community clean) by making it look like a total mess
Arch hasn't broke a single time in the 2 years I've used it.

People who think installing Arch is remotely difficult shouldn't be using computers to begin with. Besides arch-anywhere can do it for you in 5 minutes.

I wonder which category you fall under.

> unironically using proprietary software

Oh and don't forget the retards that accidentally tried to install pacman (the game) and completely fucked pacman (the package manager) up, then decided Arch was garbage. I actually know of someone who did this.

Arch broke when you installed it by installing systemd

>muh systemd
>without-systemd.org

People don't make good ENTERPRISE software for free.

I could pull out my Ubuntu 10 out of a shelf and install chromium on it and it would run even smoother than new ubuntu without updates, I have no problem. Security is not an issue, my computer stores only what I created under CC licence and pictures what I donwloaded from Sup Forums.

Because the installers were bundled with the redists

I mostly use portable versions. But I also have heavy stuff like office and Visual Studio so redists were probably bundled with it.

>retards that accidentally tried to install pacman (the game) and completely fucked pacman (the package manager) up
Wha...?

I introduced a friend to Linux, and started with Arch because I believed it was genuinely difficult to fuck up, but he wanted to play pacman in the terminal and followed some online instructions without realizing he was following a tutorial to install pacman to a different location, which destroyed pacman, then he tried to fix it manually and ended up fucking up his entire filesystem. I fixed it for him, but it's still pretty funny.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to be able to use Arch. The distro is extremely bleeding-edge, and without a solid grasp of Unix principles most of the benefits will go over a typical user's head. There's also Arch's minimal package manager, which is deftly woven into the system- the minimalistic philosophy draws heavily from CRUX, for instance. Arch users understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the benefits of pacman, to realise that it's not just minimal- it says something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Arch truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in pacman's tendency to break your entire system, which itself is a cryptic reference to Linus Torvald's epic "WE DO NOT BREAK USERSPACE!". I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Judd Vinet's genius wit unfolds itself on their screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have an Arch tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

Its been too long.

There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn't he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a like girl as you once again type your little anti-Arch thread up and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don't even fill in the captcha. Maybe you're such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a Sup Forums pass, so you just choose the picture. Oh, and we all know the picture. The "epic" feels guy, isn't it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it's ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that's right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she's probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on Sup Forums posting about a Linux distro. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic fucking NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can't even try to talk with you because all you say is "XORG.conf STOPPED WORKING XORG.conf STOPPED WORKING" You've become a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now. And that's all you'll ever be.

Blame kde

Isn't Gentoo better than arch?

just a different side of the same autistic coin

see Stick with whatever works for you. I was just pointing out the types of fags that hate on Arch.

>use gnu/linux
>new version of the C library comes out
>recompile free software (in case of problems open a bug report ticket to the devs so they can fix it and provide you with a patch)
>keep using it

>use windows/NT
>new version of the C library comes out
>ancient proprietary closed sores software will NEVER get compiled to work with it
>need to keep six gorillion vcredist versions

That setting is for blind people

>>I have to search around the internet looking for all these redistributables

Are you not aware that Microsoft has them on their site? You know, where you would expect to find them?

For free maybe not, but as FOSS obviously they do.

>Windows takes care of that dependency hell through WinSxS
This is why their backward compatibility is shit? Well, fuck them, idc about their crap anymore.

why your computer only got 3 pixels and 2 bit color

It's called ricing you dip

don't forget mingw, cygwin, and now you can use everything Linux uses on WSL

>Ricing? In MY Windows? It's dumber than you think!

>windows
>shit backwards compatibility
retard, the Win32 API is backwards compatible to Windows 95

This If your Windows program stopped working on a new version it's because you didn't use the api correctly and it accidentally worked because of some implementation detail.
Windows ships with a large database programs that tells it which workarounds to enable.

Here's an example of the extreme lengths Microsoft goes to to keep your shit code compatible.
blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/oldnewthing/20140411-00/?p=1273
>I remember one change that the runtime library folks made to MSVCRT.DLL that had to be backed out and revisited because they found an application that not only linked to MSVCRT.DLL instead of the runtime library the compiler intended, but also groveled into an internal array and manipulated private members.
>The runtime library folks had to go back and squeeze the cowbell flag into the structure in a way that didn't alter the size of the SomethingInternal structure.

>We're just going to ignore the 30 linux dependencies that you have to install to get freecuck programs to work?
ftfy

--no-install-recommends

he's used to linux, so he probably didn't even read the instructions but went searching for patches in the support forums directly.